TSV editor?

marcinet

May 22, 2009, 4:34:42 AM5/22/09
to robotframework-users
Hello,
We would like to use a TSV format to keep the tests. It is more
useful than HTML because when putting the tests into the version
control, it is easier to follow what has been changed.
In order to do that we'd need a good TSV editor. Any suggestions?
In Notepad, we can't see the columns. Excel is annoying when the cell
starts with $, since it's a special character.
Regards,
Marcin

Thomas Klein

May 22, 2009, 5:07:52 AM5/22/09
to robotframework-users
That would actually be a nice thing to have. I'm not sure about the
current state of RIDE, but such a thing like the CSVEditor plugin for
Eclipse (http://sourceforge.net/projects/csveditor) would be nice. Too
bad it can't handle TSV atm, should be an easy modification though.

Martin Taylor

May 22, 2009, 9:09:48 AM5/22/09
to robotframework-users
We use csvEd: http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/index.html.
It works for CSV, TSV and several other delimiters. Due to RIDE Issue
#140 we are using this editor in preference to RIDE for editing all
our RF data driven test suites.

Laurent L

May 25, 2009, 4:28:30 AM5/25/09
to robotframework-users
We are looking for this kind of editor but multiplatform (we target
Linux) and open-source. Somebody knows about something like this ?

thanks

Laurent

Heikki Hulkko

May 25, 2009, 6:31:36 AM5/25/09
to milo...@gmail.com, robotframework-users
Hello,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Laurent L <milo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are looking for this kind of editor but multiplatform (we target
> Linux) and open-source. Somebody knows about something like this ?

I have used plain old vim and I am very satisfied. Of course it can be
a bit difficult at first but I think it is very good for editing tsv
files. Even a vim syntax highlighting for tsv exists:

Regards,

Heikki

laurent lopez

May 25, 2009, 7:33:00 AM5/25/09
to Heikki Hulkko, robotframework-users

2009/5/25 Heikki Hulkko <hhhu...@gmail.com>

I use Emacs and it goes pretty well with tsv and I suppose VIM with syntax highlighting is even better but I would prefer a tabular presentation because highlighting tabs is not as informative about the structure of the table.
Maybe an Emacs mode for tsv could do the trick but I am not aware of such a mode ....

Thanks

--

Laurent