installing local packages

Matthew Taylor

Aug 13, 2010, 10:45:15 AM8/13/10
to RingoJS
I'm brand new to RingoJS, and I would like to create develop a package
locally. Hopefully it will go up on github soon, but while I'm
developing it, I'd like to be able to install it in ringojs apps from
a local file system.

It looks like ringo-admin install only works with URLs. Is there an
easy way to install a package from the local file system? I tried
zipping it up and using ringo-admin install, but it seemed to only
want a fully-qualified URL.

Thanks,
Matt Taylor

Matthew Taylor

Aug 13, 2010, 11:01:41 AM8/13/10
to RingoJS
I just realized that I could just copy the entire directory into a
"packages" dir in my app after watching the screencast. Easy enough!

George Moschovitis

Aug 13, 2010, 11:01:41 AM8/13/10
to rin...@googlegroups.com
I'm brand new to RingoJS,

Welcome ;-)

It looks like ringo-admin install only works with URLs. Is there an
easy way to install a package from the local file system? I tried
zipping it up and using ringo-admin install, but it seemed to only
want a fully-qualified URL.

How about moving your package into the ringo/packages directory? You can even use a symlink for extra flexibility.

-g.

--
http://www.gmosx.com/blog
http://www.appenginejs.org

Matthew Taylor

Aug 13, 2010, 11:12:54 AM8/13/10
to RingoJS
Yeah, I just noticed that when I install a package from github that it
gets installed into a global location. Makes sense, so instead of
symlinking my package into my application, I can just symlink it into
the global package repository.

On Aug 13, 8:01 am, George Moschovitis <george.moschovi...@gmail.com>