1.3-ification of hiccup

Chas Emerick

Jun 28, 2011, 2:15:35 PM6/28/11
to Ring
I would like to include some coverage of lein-ring in the book[1], but
I've run into a problem: lein-ring depends upon ring-devel which
depends upon hiccup, which is not yet 1.3-ready. `lein ring server`
yields the dreaded:

Can't dynamically bind non-dynamic var: hiccup.core/*html-mode*

I was very surprised to see hiccup included in the stack at all.

In any case, I would like to go ahead with covering lein-ring in the
book, but we are assuming a minimum of Clojure 1.3.0, so the above
would need to get patched up first. Is this likely to be in the cards
in the next, oh, week or so? A fix in that timeframe would allow for
us to make the necessary changes in time to meet our deadlines.

Thanks,

- Chas

[1] http://cemerick.com/2011/06/10/clojure-programming-book-now-available/

James Reeves

Jun 28, 2011, 6:40:09 PM6/28/11
to ring-c...@googlegroups.com
I've updated Hiccup, Ring, lein-ring and ring-reload-modified to
support Clojure 1.3.0.

If you update your lein-ring dependency to 0.4.4, it should work with
1.3.0 now. Let me know if you have any more problems.

- James

Chas Emerick

Jun 29, 2011, 12:14:37 AM6/29/11
to Ring
James,

I think things are looking good. I'm still getting one warning:

*classpath* not declared dynamic and thus is not dynamically
rebindable

…but I think that's in lein and not in any libraries.

Thanks!

- Chas