Major Project: Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Frank F

Nov 9, 2010, 6:09:16 PM11/9/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Greetings!

This message thread will be primarily focused on discussing and
planning for the January 15th release of Peter Joseph's next film,
Zeitgeist Moving Forward. According to the information currently
available, it will focus on the science and technology that is
available to help move society into a Resource Based Economy. The
global Zeitgeist Movement has been asked to take on the burden of the
film's initial distribution, theater booking and screening operations.
This is intended to help give local chapters a means to generate funds
for planning and executing the upcoming Z-Day in March. The movie will
be exclusively available to those chapters who have secured a venue
and will be showing to the film to as many people as possible. It will
remain exclusive for approximately one week, at which time the film
will be publicly available online for download free of charge. This
period of exclusivity is designed to give the profit driven venues a
compelling reason to screen the film. It is important to note that
generating revenue is not the focus of this project, but only a
secondary concern if that. If there is an opportunity to screen the
film free of charge, that is encouraged as well.

The Rio Grande Valley chapter has not yet made any efforts to secure a
venue to screen this film. This will be a focus of our upcoming
meetings and this message thread will be a valuable tool for
discussion and planning regarding this film. If you have any input
regarding available venues, advertising efforts, or any other topics
that might pertain to this project, please reply to this message and
we will be able to build our strategy around the resources and
knowledge we each have. I hope that whatever road we take on this
issue, we help to spread the ideas and goals of the Zeitgeist Movement
to as many people as possible. Thank you for your time and attention.

Frank F

Nov 17, 2010, 2:05:05 PM11/17/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
I have received an email from Jen Wild, the USA national coordinator
and Jordan Berlingeri, one of the new Texas coordinators. We will soon
be recognized as an official chapter and listed on the Texas state
movement homepage. This is an important step to holding a screening in
our region, and I am very excited with the plans we have both locally
and as a state. I believe Armando has some news he wants to share
regarding the STC venues, but I'll let him make that announcement.

Thank you all for helping to make our movement grow and progress! It
couldn't have happened without your support and dedication.

Armando Lopez

Nov 17, 2010, 4:42:24 PM11/17/10
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I have made the request at Stc for January 14, 2011 from 5pm - 10pm and January 15, 2011 from 3pm - 7pm for the viewing of Moving Forward. The location is D 103 and it has 150 seats. I will let everyone know the moment it gets approved.

Armando

Join us in making a Better World!

www.rgvnostate.com                 rgvno...@gmail.com

Frank F

Nov 30, 2010, 4:39:46 PM11/30/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
I just got off the phone with the people at Cine El Rey. They tell me
that for a non-profit free to public screening of a film costs $600
which covers their cost of labor and overhead. This is as opposed to a
for-profit fee of $2000. I am going to be in email and phone contact
with them throughout this process to help determine if we can
negotiate a different arrangement given the unique nature of this
release, but I remain hopeful. There is a concern about having 2
venues in the same major city on the same date however. It might not
be wise to split the viewing audience in this way. These are some
issues we will need to discuss at our upcoming meeting. See you there!

Frank F

Dec 6, 2010, 9:21:01 PM12/6/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
We have some news regarding the length of the film. Sunday evening,
the global coordinator for the film release mentioned that the film
will now be closer to 2.5 hours as opposed to 2 hours. This will
probably significantly impact our decisions regarding times and number
of viewings.

Frank F

Dec 6, 2010, 11:07:33 PM12/6/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Another good point that was brought up during this Teamspeak meeting,
we should plan a post screening orientation meeting for any new
members we gain after people see this film within a week or so of the
screening. At the very least, we should pin down a meeting time, date
and location to help point people in that direction immediately
afterward.

Frank F

Dec 20, 2010, 9:47:31 PM12/20/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
OK guys, we have some announcements tonight about ZMF. The deadline
for applying for a screening is Jan. 1st, which means that we need to
have screening date, time and location nailed down and definite by
then, hopefully earlier. Armando has told me that we have not yet
gotten a definite response regarding the auditorium. Tomorrow I will
go to Edinburg Public Library as a possible second screening or backup
location in case we cannot screen at STC, but this is only a
precaution. Also of note, is that the film is now slated to be 2 hours
and 47 minutes long, so having two showings in a five hour period is
likely not possible without some editing of the film. Also, we will
only be provided a downloadable copy of the film, as opposed to having
a physical disc sent to us. This isn't necessarily a problem, but we
will have to find a blank DVD or two that we haven't used for burning
the other films already. =) More at the meeting, hope to see you
there!

Armando Lopez

Dec 20, 2010, 10:31:57 PM12/20/10
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I will check tomorrow about the status of the Stc location for the viewing.
Armando

Frank F

Dec 21, 2010, 5:47:53 PM12/21/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Thanks Armando, I look forward to what they have to say. I have just
filled out the paperwork for the Edinburg Public Library meeting room
which they claim holds 150 people in an auditorium configuration. I
asked for Saturday Jan. 15 11:15-2:30. I expect to have an answer in a
few days time at least. Since it is scheduled so far in advance, I
expect we can change the date and time to suit our needs as we see
fit. Hopefully this will dovetail nicely with our McAllen showing.
> > rgvzgm+un...@googlegroups.com<rgvzgm%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rgvzgm?hl=en.
>
> --
> Join us in making a Better World!
>
> http://rgvzgm.blogspot.com/      rgv...@gmail.com
>
> www.rgvnostate.com                rgvnost...@gmail.com

Me

Dec 29, 2010, 5:32:23 PM12/29/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Fantastic news everyone! We have just confirmed the booking of the Edinburg public library for Jan 15, from 11:30 to 2:30 to screen the film! This will be one of the screenings we can promote in our fliers and posters going forward. Thanks to everyone for helping make this happen and I hope to share details of our STC screening soon.

Frank Flores
Coorinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement
(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

On Dec 20, 9:31 pm, Armando Lopez <alopez4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will check tomorrow about the s...

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Frank F <frank...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > OK guys, we have some ann...

> > rgvzgm+un...@googlegroups.com<rgvzgm%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rgvzgm?hl=en.

Me

Dec 30, 2010, 1:03:04 AM12/30/10
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
More great news friends! Thanks to Armando's efforts, we have secured auditorium D-103 at the STC Pecan campus for our use on Jan. 15th between 3 and 8pm. We will be showing the film at 3:30 and have time for either a second showing or a couple hours of discussion and Q&A afterwards, depending on how many people show up or if we determine we can see it twice. I have submitted the request for this venue to Peter Joseph along with the Library request, and we should have contracts signed and confirmed by the end of the week!

Thank you again to everyone who has come together and made this a reality. I cannot wait to see this film and share it with our community. Please remember to continue discussing our other projects on their associated threads so we can prepare for any new members we will get as a result of these screenings.

MONEY IS OVER!
                                IF YOU WANT IT
The causes of my servitude can be traced to the tyranny of money.
-Serj Tankian

Me

Jan 1, 2011, 6:02:11 PM1/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Happy new year everyone! I have successfully submitted the information and returned the signed contract. We should have confirmation of our screenings before our Wednesday meeting.

I hope everyone had a safe holiday season and I hope to see many of you at our upcoming events and meetings this year. Thanks for all you've done and I hope we can continue what we started just a few short months ago.

Frank F

Jan 2, 2011, 4:37:02 PM1/2/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
We are now on the list and on the map!

http://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com/zmap

Frank F

Jan 6, 2011, 5:32:35 AM1/6/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Just learned that the download will start on the 11th. Cutting it
closer than I thought, but just letting you know.

Frank F

Jan 11, 2011, 5:05:16 AM1/11/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
OK, I think we should start planning for a Thursday private screening,
as they won't start downloads until late Tuesday night. I don't know
how long it will take to download, but since it isn't going to be
torrent based, and all the chapters in the world is going to start
downloading basically at the same time, I am assuming a long and slow
download. I'll keep you posted as things become more clear, but I
suggest we start planning for Thursday viewing. Keep in mind the film
is approx. 3 hours.

Thanks guys, look forward to seeing it with you all!

-Frank

sam_black

Jan 11, 2011, 11:17:25 AM1/11/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Thursday after 6 is good for me :) I cant wait to see it...

ray perez

Jan 11, 2011, 11:35:13 AM1/11/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
yeah me too, and we can watch it at my apt, it's not HD or anything,
but it works ;) let me know. Thanks! :)

Armando Lopez

Frank F

Jan 11, 2011, 9:37:07 PM1/11/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Yeah Ray, I don't want to interfere with your wife and kids sleep and school work.

--

Join us in making a Better World!

www.rgvnostate.com                 rgvno...@gmail.com

Frank F

Jan 12, 2011, 1:26:14 PM1/12/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Ok guys, I have begun the downloading process, so I expect to have the
file within two to three hours. I just came back from Rep. Hinojosa's
speaking engagement which turned out to be more of a campaign and
photo opportunity than anything of substance, and was able to talk to
a few individuals who shared my concerns. I also printed out some
flyers and information for Friday's event. Specifically, 40 copies of
Sam's excellent poster/flyer with the Venus Project flyer on the
reverse. We should come to a consensus about our viewing get together
soon so we can each make appropriate arrangements for it. Just to lay
out the options for clarity:

Ray's Apartment in Mission

Krystal's mother's home in McAllen (during the day only I believe)

Armando's home in McAllen

Also keep in mind that the film is approximately 3 hours long, and
some of us have already mentioned that an evening viewing is most
convenient for them. Hope to see you guys soon!

-Frank

ray perez

Jan 13, 2011, 11:30:50 AM1/13/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
no, it's cool at my place. Everyone already knows where it is. and
the kids will be alright, they are already on their schedule so we can
watch the movie in the living room, and they will be in bed. and i
believe nicole might go out tonight, so i won't be able to go watch it
anywhere else. so not only is it convenient for me, but it's kind of
my only option lol ;) Please feel welcome to watch it at my apt
tonight, anytime after six. and it doesn't matter how late we stay. I
will be providing popcorn and nachos too, so just bring yourselves and
it's all good :) Thanks. -rayperez

Frank F

Jan 13, 2011, 12:16:30 PM1/13/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Ok, if there is no objection then let's say Ray's apartment from 6pm to 10pm. Hope to see you guys soon.

Frank Flores
Coorinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement
(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

MK

Jan 13, 2011, 3:14:19 PM1/13/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hey everyone...any word on where the meeting is going to end up
being???

ray perez

Jan 13, 2011, 3:17:31 PM1/13/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
yes my place tonight!!! i got popcorn and nachos for everyone!!!

pueblo de paz
3401 N mayberry st
apt 1227
mission, tx 78573
956-874-3394

MK

Jan 13, 2011, 3:20:29 PM1/13/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
OK SOUNDS GREAT!! Just weren't sure if it was final...see ya tonight...
6pm?

MK

Jan 13, 2011, 3:22:01 PM1/13/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
OH WOW... I guess we should have refreshed the page before
asking...huh...see everyone later!

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Jan 13, 2011, 4:59:12 PM1/13/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Greetings friends,

Just wanted to report on a couple of things. Thanks to Armando, I have procured the appropriate DVD media and successfully burned the first copy of the film. We are ready for tonight! Also, I wanted to share this update from our state coordinator. Thanks again to all of you for your help and efforts, and I hope to see you tonight!

Howdy All!

By now, those of you who have secured a venue should have access to the download.  How exciting!!!  I would suggest viewing the film prior to your screening events to become familiar with the content, especially if you plan on hosting a Q&A after the screening.

Huge THUMBS UP to Jamie Kinser, Ft. Worth Chapter Coordinator, for rolling with the punches and, after experiencing booking issues with the initial venue owner, has re-booked at another location.  Her perseverance and commitment to communicating and educating her local community in regards to our movement are traits each Coordinator should possess.

I would like to remind everyone to document your event.  Film it, photograph it, and send me some digital files.  Also, if you or any of the active members in your chapter would like to participate in creating a DVD of our collective events statewide, let me know so I can put you/them into contact with our Texas Media Team Coordinator.

For the Movement,

Jordan Berlingeri
Texas Coordinator
Zeitgeist Movement

--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Frank F

Jan 15, 2011, 9:40:54 PM1/15/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Greetings friends,

I just got home from a day full of Zeitgeist Moving Forward
screenings, and it was a fantastic day! I thank everyone reading this
for their help, their support and their efforts in thinking about,
creating, promoting, running and attending our screenings today. We
were able to reach 48 people today, a significant portion of which
were new to our chapter. I look forward to our future meetings
together with our new members and expanding our knowledge and
understanding as a group with common goals and values. I hope to
continue a sustained and organic growth of this nature, and I am
certain that we can all achieve more awareness in our community by
continuing to promote the idea that we can help create a better world
for all people. Thank you again, and I hope to see you on Thursday for
our new member orientation!

-Frank

Frank F

Jan 17, 2011, 4:53:20 PM1/17/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Thanks to Ray for uploading our after screening discussion at STC. You
can view it on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsY53BYM7gY.

Frank F

Jan 26, 2011, 6:33:38 PM1/26/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Just to let everyone know, the official legitimate release of
Zeitgeist Moving Forward is now available for all to see on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w

I encourage you to rate, comment, favorite etc. Enjoy!