Z-day

Armando Lopez

Jan 21, 2011, 10:12:15 AM1/21/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Just turned in the form for the Z-day event. I talked to one of the
student life coordinators about the event and he said everything looks
good. I'll notify everyone as soon as I get the email verifying the
approval of the event. IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE MOVING FORWARD!

armando

Frank F

Jan 22, 2011, 11:24:22 PM1/22/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Thanks Armando! I just wanted to remind everyone that we should be
compiling and submitting lists of individuals, artists and
organizations that might be interested in helping promote our message.
Here are just a few suggestions that I have:

People for Peace and Justice - http://peoplepeacejustice.blogspot.com/

Dr. Samuel Freeman - Associate Professor of Political Science at UTPA

Local Representatives of Freecycle.org

I am sure many of you have others in mind. Please let us know so we
can approach them with this amazing opportunity!

Thanks!

-Frank

Frank F

Jan 26, 2011, 7:25:04 PM1/26/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
I have approached my personal friend and group member Brian Cerda to
speak at our Z-Day event about agriculture and the recent advances in
related technology. You can see our discussion here:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=493577939298&id=789134298&notif_t=feed_comment

I hope everyone else is thinking about and approaching people also!
The earlier we start preparing the better our event will be!

-Frank

On Jan 22, 10:24 pm, Frank F <frank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Armando! I just wanted to remind everyone that we should be
> compiling and submitting lists of individuals, artists and
> organizations that might be interested in helping promote our message.
> Here are just a few suggestions that I have:
>
> People for Peace and Justice -http://peoplepeacejustice.blogspot.com/

Nicole Laas

Jan 26, 2011, 10:36:59 PM1/26/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you get your permits!  S.G.A. planned an event and two weeks before the event we were told we needed a permit that would take three weeks to get.. haha (was this a nice way of saying you cant have the event?) .  I'm sure you got all your bases covered, but just thought I would give you a heads up.

Frank F

Feb 28, 2011, 1:36:10 AM2/28/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Greetings friends,

After our recent meeting, we decided that we should have an itemized
list of things that need to happen before, during and after our Z-Day
event. Please respond to this message with those items that you wish
to take responsibility for or have information about. We have less
than two weeks to book, discuss, schedule and present all the
presenters, performers, videos and other content that we want to share
with the public. Thank you all for your continuing efforts and I am
very glad that I have this opportunity to share our movement and ideas
with our community.

-Frank

BEFORE:
-Time and Place
-We are scheduling use of STC's auditorium for our Z-Day. We
have not yet determined the times we can use the facility. Armando
will let us know as soon as he can about what times we can schedule
and confirm. We are proposing Friday, Saturday and Sunday for content,
but we will likely only have one of those days, particularly in the
afternoon to evening hours.

-Booking
-Presenters (Currently interested: Brian Cerda [Hydroponics/
Vertical farming], Rohny Saylors [Dependence theory], Armando Lopez
[Illusion of Government])
(Currently proposed: STC Art Professor
[border wall/environment], Palm Valley Animal Center, Habitat for
Humanity in...@rgv-habitat.org, IMAS of Art&Science
in...@imasonline.org,Food Bank of the RGV www.foodbankrgv.com)
(Still persuing: Professor Morrison [US
Economic History], Professor Leach [Philospohy], Professor Oliver
[Logic])

-Performers/Artists (No current proposed bands, artists or
performers. Need to start reaching out to local musicians/bands and
other artists. We should be on STC / UTPA campus next week looking for
these individuals.)

Video Content (These are video selections we can use between our
presenters/performers.)
- Zeitgeist Moving Forward, divided into the four major
sections.
- Peter Joseph's Social Pathology, Where are we now, Where are
we going, etc.
- Venus Project Tour
- Douglas Mallette's presentations and video series
- TROMsite.com videos [nearly 12 hours of material, a large
amount of which is organized into focused sections]
- TED Videos [A great deal of content, we need to determine
what topics/speakers/talks specifically we should focus on]
- Why I Advocate [Hopefully we can edit together a local
version =) but we can also pull from the thousands already online.
Rohny has agreed to help us with video production and editing.]
- Any other suggestions you would like to make, please let us
know!

Printed content
- Informational posters
- Artistic/inspirational posters, paintings or other material
- Programs for the audience

Scheduling
- Obviously, this is dependent upon on all of the above items.
We need to work with our presenters and performers to work out how
much time they need/want, and hopefully come out with a logical flow
for the material. We need to keep in mind that we should have time for
questions and discussion. This doesn't need to be very precise, but we
do need to make sure we have enough time for everyone who agrees to be
on stage for us. I expect we should really have this down by the end
of our meeting on the 9th. I will use the google calendar associated
with the rgv...@gmail.com account to make our schedule for each person/
video transparent.

Advertising
- We can contact Greg Schuller, Director of Cultural Arts, at
the McAllen Convention and Visitors Bureau to help advertise our
events. His email address is gsch...@mcallencvb.com and I will
contact him with our plans. Hopefully he can help us out due to the
cultural and artistic nature of our event.
- We will be able to distribute information and flyers on STC
due to our student organization there. We should make these efforts
over the next two weeks as soon as we have our time and date set and
produce flyers accordingly.
- Obtain relevant biographical information from our speakers
and make a program guide for the audience.
- Flyers and other advertisements, printing and distribution.
- Being listed on the www.zdayglobal.org website as an official
registered event. I can do this as soon as we have our date and time
nailed down. It would be good to be able to provide more specifics
about our presenters/performers as well.

DURING:
Logisitics
- We need to confirm with our presenters/performers how and
when they can arrive at the venue, what they need to setup and
prepare, and how much time it takes for them to get any musical
instruments or equipment on and off the stage. More than likely we
need some people to volunteer as stage hands to help with any
miscellaneous work that needs to be done in this area.
- We need to know what kind of storage space is available in
case we have to store some equipment between performances.
- We should find out about any pertinent parking issues or
restrictions of our venue on the day and time that we have it.

Technical execution
- We need to learn about the venue's technical capabilities
(Video/Audio/Lighting/Stage access/etc.) and make sure we have the
appropriate media and formats necessary to display and present the
data we want to. Confirm with our presenters the software they need
access to.
- Recording equipment for later review/sharing online.
- Possibility to broadcast our event live via the internet.
This is something the TX chapter leadership would like us to look
into.
- Microphones for discussion/Q&A.
- Providing A/V capability information to our performers and
presenters.

Art and Information Display
- Tape easels or other display methods dependent on the
content we have.
- Placards for identification of the work/artist/title
- Informational display about our local chapter, website, info
about our next meeting and other pertinent information. Producing a QR
code graphic for those individuals who can use it.

Personal interaction
- Master of Ceremonies type of person to welcome and guide
audience through the content
- Individuals who can moderate and participate in discussions/
Q&A's.
- Local members could probably wear particular clothing to
indicate they are part of our group, encourage audience to ask them
questions.
- Notify local police/security that we are having this event
and to provide extra patrols in the area in case of any unforeseen
issues or eventualities.

AFTER:
Logistics
- Collect any and all materials, equipment and other items,
make the venue as clean and tidy as when we found it.
- Ensure our performers have all of their gear.
- Collect any personal data from those people interested in
joining. Email, phone number etc.

After action gathering/meal
- Perhaps we can gather immediately afterward with our
presenters and performers and discuss how the event went.
- Plan for our next meeting, choose topics/issues based on
audience feedback.
- Discuss plans for local programs and involvement.

Please feel free to contribute anything else in this list that I have
left out. Thanks again!

Frank F

Feb 28, 2011, 1:52:41 AM2/28/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Attached is the rough draft of the presentation Brian Cerda is working on. He would like any feedback on it that you care to provide. I believe that it is in line with our purposes, so should be allowed to present. I have converted it from the native Office format to PDF for greater compatibility.

MONEY IS OVER!
                                IF YOU WANT IT
The causes of my servitude can be traced to the tyranny of money.
-Serj Tankian

The Coming Crisis.pdf

Frank F

Feb 28, 2011, 1:54:22 AM2/28/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Attached is the rough draft of the presentation Brian Cerda is working on. He would like any feedback on it that you care to provide. I believe that it is in line with our purposes, so should be allowed to present. I have converted it from the native Office format to PDF for greater compatibility.
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Frank F <fran...@gmail.com> wrote:

The Coming Crisis.pdf

Rey Ramon

Feb 28, 2011, 3:00:47 AM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
My band would like to participate. :D

Sara Cobos

Feb 28, 2011, 11:13:34 AM2/28/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hi, I want to participate with some music presentation,
I will also would like to present zeitgeist info in spanish.
one question: do we have flyers for this event?
> Humanity i...@rgv-habitat.org, IMAS of Art&Science
> i...@imasonline.org,Food Bank of the RGVwww.foodbankrgv.com)
> events. His email address is gschul...@mcallencvb.com and I will
> contact him with our plans. Hopefully he can help us out due to the
> cultural and artistic nature of our event.
>        - We will be able to distribute information and flyers on STC
> due to our student organization there. We should make these efforts
> over the next two weeks as soon as we have our time and date set and
> produce flyers accordingly.
>        - Obtain relevant biographical information from our speakers
> and make a program guide for the audience.
>        - Flyers and other advertisements, printing and distribution.
>        - Being listed on thewww.zdayglobal.orgwebsite as an official

Armando Lopez

Feb 28, 2011, 11:31:15 AM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Let try to get a quick flyer going. something basic, so i can start posting at STC.

Armando

sam_black

Feb 28, 2011, 11:45:58 AM2/28/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Are we going to have a area to setup a lil art gallery if possible?

Armando Lopez

Feb 28, 2011, 1:08:40 PM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
there is a huge conflict with the friday and saturday of the z-day event. we were given another auditorium like room. I don't know how many seats it has(maybe 40-50). the lady didnt know the details of the conflict. the room is G 201(I think, she will sent me and email).

Armando

Join us in making a Better World!

www.rgvnostate.com                 rgvno...@gmail.com

Armando Lopez

Feb 28, 2011, 4:31:23 PM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
G 201 fits about 60-70 people. it has stadium seating

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Feb 28, 2011, 10:47:04 PM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Great! Can you share a bit more about your band and their message and style of music?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Rey Ramon <reyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
My band would like to participate. :D

Frank Flores
Coordinator, Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Feb 28, 2011, 10:59:32 PM2/28/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I have posted an advertisement for musicians on Craigslist. You can view it here: http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/muc/2240318203.html

Thanks again for all of your efforts and recommendations!

Sarai Cobos

Mar 1, 2011, 12:54:37 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,
I was thinking that if we want to contact different organizations, media, schools or possible presenters to inform them about our event, spread awareness, or any other activity related with the movement we need some type of "formal identification" to be taken seriously. So I went ahead and made some ID's we could use, for these purposes and also during Z-Day so people could feel free to ask us for information regarding Zeitgeist/TVP.
You can add your photo, email, then print it, and put it on those little clip things for ID's, we all have those of a former job. :) if you are not able to do so, but would like one, you can email it back to me with your picture, name and email on it, and I'll print it for you.
Have a great day!
ID Zeitgeist Movement.doc

Roan Carratu

Mar 1, 2011, 1:34:01 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Attached is the same file in open source Openoffice ODT format.

Mar 1, 2011, 1:36:39 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Whoops... here it is: (virus checked and cleared)

Mar 1, 2011, 5:07:43 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hello everyone :) glad to see people participating! Just to clarify
on the venue…it was mentioned that there was going to be a conflict
with Fri&Sat, so does that mean we will only have Sun to work with? If
anyone has any info on the confirmation of the time&date please post
that asap, thanks! Also, if the venue is not yet secured we might want
to include that information when inviting participants.

As far as the Clubs @ STC, there seem to be many that are based on
ideas of science & technology that are addressed by TZM/TVP and others
that my help the movement to spread information such as American Civil
Liberties, BAT, Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Inventors &
Entrepreneurs, Media, NORML, Research, SIFE, Social Science, Student
Government, Visual Arts & Music, CADD, Insane Precision Machining,
SHRM, Amnesty, Border Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, Health&Fitness
Clubs…???…not to sure what the WILD or XPI Clubs are based around but
the more the better right? Of course we would have to see if they
agree with the movements’ direction.

Another thing that was mentioned a few posts back was the issue of
getting permits for the event. If you haven’t already asked could you
please do so Armando, thanks!

We will try and put together a flier or two and post it asap, we have
might some ink left from the last time we refilled the black cartridge…
thanks to Armando’s gracious donation!!!...but if not it only costs
about $6 to refill the black one, the color is a little more but the
movement is welcomed to use the printer if the resource is needed ;)
If everyone donated $1 or even .50 we could print out lots of
materials for the event. We have plenty of plain white paper to print
on. We also have blanck CDs & DVDs that we will try and fill with the
different relevant videos that we will post.

Most of the suggestions for video content are great, we will try and
periodically post suggestions for specific videos that we have
encountered that might be of relevance, also, as far as the TROMsite
videos, they are greatly informative but a little hard to listen to
because of the digital narrator and overpowering music in some of them
but like it was also mentioned, we have to go through and choose the
best ones to show.

Also wanted to say that your presentation draft looks pretty good
Brian! One thing that was slightly questionable was the Disney
fruit&veggies thing haven’t done any research on it yet but since
Disney is one of the many ‘tycoon companies’ that is commonly
deceiving and there are lots of these companies out there that are
poisoning us with GMO foods &pesticides, we might want to look into
how they produce these massive franken-foods ;) unless you’ve already
done so.

Great Job on the craigslist ad Frank! Short and to the point.

Also, thanks for the IDs Sara!

One last thing we might want to touch on is what exactly each one of
the members is individually advocating about the group and ZDAY.
Before we approach people & organizations we might want to make sure
we’re all on the same page with each other and especially with what
the global movement does and DOES NOT advocate.

It’s so great to see people wanting to help out! We will continue to
do what we can with our limited resources. Thanks to EVERYONE!

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 5:11:47 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Oh yeah, we should also utilize the toolkit on the zday website...
http://www.zdayglobal.org/organize/zday-toolkit

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 5:16:33 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 1, 2011, 5:29:41 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Apparantly, Greg is no longer with the McAllen Arts and Culture department. I am now in contact with Teo Rojas (tro...@mcallencvb.com) who requires more information about our event. As soon as we can specify our location and times, that would be a bit help. Thank you guys for all the suggestions and work you've put in so far, it is so great to see! I was called and asked earlier today about the possibility of using a different venue such as the Edinburg library again. Unfortunately, We do not have the same technical or space capability there that we do at STC, so I would not suggest we shift to that location. We need to find out what capabilities and capacity the new room has to make sure we can continue to provide the space necessary for those who would like to attend and present. I would like to hold a meeting tomorrow at STC to find out more about our options there. What do you guys think?

Frank Flores
Coordinator, Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 5:40:11 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 1, 2011, 5:43:41 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
This one is fantastic! I highly recommend it.

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 6:10:39 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
What time did you want to meet tomorrow?

Armando Lopez

Mar 1, 2011, 7:11:01 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
There was a conflict with the D103 which was the auditorium that we
used for the Moving Forward Film. D 103 has seating for about 150. We
have been given G 201 for all 3 days and it seat about 70.

Armando

On 3/1/11, MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What time did you want to meet tomorrow?

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 7:41:02 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Thanks for that info Armando! Hopefully we can set up a meeting for
tomorrow so we can check it out.

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Mar 1, 2011, 7:59:29 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking tomorrow at 6 pm.
--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement

MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks for that info Armando! Hopefully we can set up a meeting for tomorrow so we can check it out.

Armando Lopez

Mar 1, 2011, 8:04:23 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow is the first wednesday. We have H 231.

Armando

MK

Mar 1, 2011, 8:07:32 PM3/1/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Sounds good to us, we're down!

rohny saylors

Mar 1, 2011, 9:40:39 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Proposed Poster

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM, MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sounds good to us, we're down!
personal.jpg

Frank F

Mar 1, 2011, 10:21:18 PM3/1/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Interesting, but doesn't capture our overall message. We're focusing more on the solutions than the problems. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Frank Flores
Coorinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement

(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Mar 2, 2011, 6:44:40 PM3/2/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys no camera like I hoped. Hopefully next meeting. See you soon.

--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement
Rgvzgm.blogspot.com
(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

Armando Lopez

Mar 2, 2011, 9:47:56 PM3/2/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
This is the email that I sent out. The guy from the Sierra Club will
not be able to present.

Dr Carter, this is Armando Lopez. The Zeitgeist Movement at STC is
planning an event this March 11, 12, and 13. Our Goal is to gather
artists of all types and speakers (anyone that has a positive message)
and have them perform or give a talk on problems within our society or
even talk about possible solutions.  I was wondering if you or someone
from the NORMAL club would be interested in presenting.

Armando Lopez

Mar 3, 2011, 1:54:42 PM3/3/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
We got H-231 for the meeting next week on wednesday 3-9-11.
Armando

MK

Mar 3, 2011, 2:32:08 PM3/3/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hey Armando the email sounds good, maybe in the mass mailings you
could also include the whole...goal for the betterment of humanity
theme and maybe just list the 13th so we can focus on filling that day
first.

MK

Mar 3, 2011, 2:33:46 PM3/3/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
sorry...not the 13th...meant the 12th :)

Frank F

Mar 3, 2011, 7:35:58 PM3/3/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
This is the language that we are required to put on any publications
we distribute according to STC:

Students, under the direction of advisors, are responsible for
producing and publishing this document. Students bear the primary
responsibility for this production and its contents do not necessarily
reflect the opinions and beliefs of the South Texas College faculty,
staff, administration and Board of Trustees.

We should also make sure to check with the Department of Student Life,
as it is indicated that we require event approval from them.

MK

Mar 3, 2011, 9:05:11 PM3/3/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Well the approval is definitely something that should be looked into
asap so that we know whether or not to continue our planning efforts.

sam_black

Mar 4, 2011, 10:51:19 AM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Just FYI: Mcallen Artwalk is this afternoon... I don't know where the
plans for zday are or how they are going but I just thought I would
let everyone know :)

Sara Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 11:54:09 AM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
That's right Sam, we forgot! Today is Artwalk, a great opportunity to
tell people about Z-Day event!

On Feb 28, 12:36 am, Frank F <frank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>         - Notify local police/security that we are having this event
> and to provide extra patrols in the area in case of any unforeseen
> issues or eventualities.
>
> AFTER:
> Logistics
>         - Collect any and all materials, equipment and other items,
> make the venue as clean and tidy as when we found it.
>         - Ensure our performers have all of their gear.
>         - Collect any personal data from those people interested in
> joining. Email, phone number etc.
>
> After action gathering/meal
>        - Perhaps we can gather immediately afterward with our
> presenters and performers and discuss how the event went.
>        - Plan for our next meeting, choose topics/issues based on
> audience feedback.
>        - Discuss plans for local programs and involvement.
>
> Please feel free to contribute anything else in this list that I have

sam_black

Mar 4, 2011, 12:37:01 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Okay guys just for my own knowledge, has the room been confirmed? If
so, what hours are we doing Saturday? Has the dept of student life
been contacted? And just for the record, does all flyers and
advertisements have to have that stc disclaimer?

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

MK

Mar 4, 2011, 3:04:58 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hey guys...we were getting ready to post a flyer but wanted to know if
we should list fri&sat or just sat??? let us know so we can post it
asap, thanks!

sam_black

Mar 4, 2011, 3:15:15 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
In my opinion you should just mention Saturday :)

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 4, 2011, 3:16:15 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Well, we are going to screen ZMF and discuss it on Friday, so I think we should include that as well.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM, sam_black <obscure....@gmail.com> wrote:
In my opinion you should just mention Saturday :)

Frank Flores
Coordinator, Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

MK

Mar 4, 2011, 3:20:31 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Iif we are going to screen the film then it prob should be on
there...what time friday?

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 4, 2011, 3:21:15 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
5 to 10 pm is what is in my notes.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM, MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Iif we are going to screen the film then it prob should be on
there...what time friday?

MK

Mar 4, 2011, 4:16:42 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
ok...can someone inform me how to directly post the flyer here...?

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 4, 2011, 4:18:19 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, the website does not have file attachment functionality. You should use your email program or email website to attach any files you wish to share.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM, MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
ok...can someone inform me how to directly post the flyer here...?

MK

Mar 4, 2011, 6:25:35 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Hey frank I sent the flyers to rgv...@googlegroups.com...

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 4, 2011, 8:17:42 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I have made some preliminary scheduling decisions for our Z-Day event. Mostly I have Friday planned out, but I am going to do the same to Saturday when I have a clearer picture of who we have coming and how long they wish to speak. I think we can devote a couple of hours at a time to specific subject matter such as psychological and medical health, agriculture, construction, transportation etc. What do you guys think?

I can confirm that Brian will be speaking, but unfortunately Rohny has determined that he would be unable to do so for us. You can see the initial schedule at https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=rgv...@gmail.com&ctz=America/Chicago. Thank you all again for all you are doing and I appreciate it very much.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM, MK <ecowarr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey frank I sent the flyers to rgv...@googlegroups.com...

Sara Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 9:42:30 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
I got one band down, Arsenal, they play heavy metal, but with positive
message, For friday at 3pm , they require 30 min.

Sara Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 9:46:06 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement
Ok, Ray Perez agreed to perform saturday after 8 pm.

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Frank F

Mar 4, 2011, 9:49:34 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Thanks for the news! Any idea how long he would like to play?

On Mar 4, 2011 8:46 PM, "Sara Cobos" <hsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, Ray Perez agreed to perform saturday after 8 pm.

Rey Ramon

Mar 4, 2011, 9:56:56 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Where Are u guys?

Woah

Sara Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 10:12:18 PM3/4/11
to Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Sorry, I meant Saturday at 3 pm.
I forgot to ask them for sample of their music,
but they said it had a positive message, lol,
I'll email them for this.
I did tell them about the "not too noisy drums issue" and they agreed.

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Sarai Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 10:16:47 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I made this legal size poster (I copied the main idea from the Sidney flyer posted on Zeitgeistmediaproject) we can paste here and there,  I couldn't find the stc disclaimer, can someone email it to me so I can add it.
thanks
I'm still thinking on going to the artwalk is anyone there?

Sarai Cobos

Mar 4, 2011, 10:18:33 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to attach the poster ... here it is

Z-DAY flyer.xps

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Mar 4, 2011, 10:23:25 PM3/4/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
This is the required language. Thanks for the poster! I don't know who if anyone is at the art walk tonight. I was not able to attend. I apologize for not planning our attendance better.

Students, under the direction of advisors, are responsible for
>producing and publishing this document. Students bear the primary
>responsibility for this production and its contents do not necessarily
>reflect the opinions and beliefs of the South Texas College faculty,
>staff, administration and Board of Trustees.
--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement
Rgvzgm.blogspot.com
(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 5, 2011, 12:34:27 AM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again for the flyer, although I don't know when we ever committed to free popcorn.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Sarai Cobos <sarit...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I forgot to attach the poster ... here it is

Sarai Cobos

Mar 5, 2011, 1:35:39 AM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
hahaha, I forgot to tell you all, I'll take some microwave popcorn...I thought people might like the idea and go watch the film a little more.
If anyone else wants to take some will be good too. :)  or  is it against the rules of the venue? sorry for that.

Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Mar 5, 2011, 1:41:55 AM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it would be against the rules specifically, but we should make sure that we don't leave a mess. Also, I don't know where the nearest microwave is or if it is available to us.

--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, RGV Zeitgeist Movement
Rgvzgm.blogspot.com
(956) 320-0896
Sent from a gPhone.

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 5, 2011, 2:34:04 PM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I have successfully submitted our event and it is now on the map at http://zdayglobal.org!
--
Frank Flores
Coordinator, Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement

Sarai Cobos

Mar 5, 2011, 7:15:46 PM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com

 another band CANDLE SHIP WRECK , acoustic rock, no sample music, positive message after 4pm

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 5, 2011, 10:26:15 PM3/5/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I have entered our event information into a craigslist advertisement. You can read it here: http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/eve/2249659175.html.

ray perez

Mar 7, 2011, 9:37:47 AM3/7/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, first off i want to apologize for my absense from the
z-day event planning. March 12th is also my son Thomas' 8th birthday,
so if you have kids you know that planning birthdays can be a task as
complex as planning a rally or z day, but i think i can manage to be
able to wrap things up with the family by 8pm and i would like to
perform a few songs on my acoustic guitar at Zday if possible. Sarai
emailed me and asked if i wanted to play so i did inform her already.
Thank you! See you all on Saturday! :)

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 8, 2011, 4:44:25 PM3/8/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ray, I'm glad that you will come perform for this event! I hope you and your family have a great birthday celebration as well.

I was thinking that this video would be great for our segment on medical technologies.

What do you guys think?

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 8, 2011, 6:28:01 PM3/8/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Ray's suggestion that I post on channel 4's Facebook page, I received a response for more information. This is the email that I sent them:

Greetings,

Thank you for your response asking for more information regarding our event.

We are scheduled to do a screening and extensive discussion of Zeitgeist Moving Forward, a recently released independent documentary that explores the current status of human society, the issues regarding human nature and behavior, and the solutions to problems that all human beings face. This will take place at South Texas College on Friday, March 11th between 5 - 10 pm. We will be located at the Pecan campus at 3201 W. Pecan, in building G, room 201. We are being hosted by the STC chapter of the Zeitgeist Movement student organization.

On Saturday, March 12th, between 12 noon and 10 pm, at the same location and room, we will have live musical performances from local bands, guest speakers and presenters, including Lupe Chavez, noted for his recent bid for mayor of Pharr, and select video presentations of informational and educational nature about the current status of our science and technology, as well as the dysfunction of our current political and economic systems. We will also be holding discussions and Q&A segments about these topics. This event is free to attend and open to the public, although unfortunately seating capacity is limited.

About the Zeitgeist Movement:
The Zeitgeist Movement is the activist arm of the Venus Project. We are a global grass roots organization that is making people aware of the real issues at the root of our problems and showing how they can be solved by simply using our current understanding, knowledge and capability in science and technology. We advocate a radical redesign of our culture and expose the need for and a transition to a global Resource Based Economy which intelligently uses the resources of the earth for the benefit of all people.

About the Rio Grande Valley Zeitgeist Movement:
Our local sub-chapter of the Movement started recently during August of last year. We have a diversity of members from many different backgrounds and have been engaging our community with awareness campaigns and public meetings for eight months. We recently held two public screenings of the Zeitgeist Moving Forward documentary in Edinburg and McAllen in January of this year. This Z-Day event will be our second major community event and we are planning more for the future. We welcome all people who are interested in learning more about the world around them and wish to help make the world a better place for all people.

Some informative websites:

Rey Ramon

Mar 8, 2011, 7:58:24 PM3/8/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Make a group on Facebook!!!

Woah

Sarai Cobos

Mar 9, 2011, 12:32:18 AM3/9/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com, juanrp...@gmail.com

Hello all,
Here is an updated poster with the bands so far comfirmed. I've sent the bands this flyer so they can pass it along to their friends.
ZDAY promotional flyer(2).pdf
ZDAY promotional flyer espanol.pdf

Zeitgeist Movement RGV

Mar 10, 2011, 3:31:42 AM3/10/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Greetings friends,

As of our latest meeting, the attached file shows our current and tentatively final schedule. Please point out any issues with the schedule that you may have so we can address it as soon as we can.

Sam has been kind enough to provide some door prizes for our attendees, as well as some shirts and buttons that we can wear. She is also providing some bottled water to go along with the popcorn that Armando will be providing for Friday's screening. My mother and I will bring tickets and some other prizes as well for the Saturday event.

Regarding advertisement, we have contacted Channels 4 and 5, and Sara has contacted Univision and let them know the details of our event. Armando has seen to it that some of Mike and Krystal's flyers have been posted at the various notice boards around campus, and I will spend part of the day tomorrow letting UTPA campus students know about the event as well.

M&K have also shared some video selections we should consider for screening on Saturday. Please let us know what you think of them!

This shaping up to be a very involved and fleshed out event and I am grateful for all of your combined efforts in this endeavor. I am excited to see what we can do after this!
ZDAY SCHEDULE (1).pdf

Frank F

Mar 11, 2011, 2:09:32 AM3/11/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

We've been contacted by far more bands that I think any of us anticipated who would like to perform for our event this weekend. I think we should consider opening up Sunday in response to these requests. What do you guys think? We would need more content also though, and Sara suggested that we can each talk about the movement on that day. What do you guys think?

Brian Cerda

Mar 11, 2011, 12:52:06 PM3/11/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
i also have a highly technical power point on quantum computing i could offer up, however someone else would have to present it, i am leaving for the island Sunday morning.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Frank F <fran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Friends,

We've been contacted by far more bands that I think any of us anticipated who would like to perform for our event this weekend. I think we should consider opening up Sunday in response to these requests. What do you guys think? We would need more content also though, and Sara suggested that we can each talk about the movement on that day. What do you guys think?

Frank F

Mar 13, 2011, 4:36:46 PM3/13/11
to rgv...@googlegroups.com
I would certainly like to take a look at the presentation Brian, please send it my way if you get a chance.

I want thank everyone who helped make our event as informative, moving, entertaining and successful as it turned out to be. We had a total cumulative attendance of approximately 40 individuals, and a great deal of them were exposed to new ideas, information and performances that likely shifted the way they think and feel about the world around us. I am grateful for all the resources that were donated, the time that was taken and the effort that was made to help make this event happen. While we did the best we could do with what we had, I believe that we can definitely learn from this experience and improve future events of this nature with the things we have learned. I am very interested in your feedback and would like to know what you liked, what you would like to see changed for our future activities. We are a collaborative effort and the better we communicate, the better and more efficient we can be. Thank you again, and please enjoy a safe spring break.

-Frank