Triggers

JohnA

Aug 18, 2010, 2:01:27 PM8/18/10
to reviewboard
Searched the doc and these forums but there doesn't seem to be any
mention of triggers. Specifically I'd like to have ReviewBoard call a
script when a review is closed. I'm going to use that trigger to add a
note to the defect tracking system saying the reviews are done for
that SCR.

Is there a pre-existing trigger capability in Reviewboard (and I
missed it)?

John

Christian Hammond

Aug 18, 2010, 3:25:36 PM8/18/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

This support is coming in 1.6 in the form of WebHooks. On various operations, Review Board will perform an HTTP POST to a pre-specified URL, along with a payload of the changes. That script can then do whatever it wants, including turning around and posting on defect tracking systems.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Scott Quesnelle

Aug 18, 2010, 5:22:29 PM8/18/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
John,

I have an implementation in my deployment which generates a review summary when the review is closed, and it writes the summary to a file that is named based on the bugid(s) provided. A separate script runs and talks to the bug tracking system and updates the appropriate bug(s) with the review summary in a standardized enclosure.

This is currently running on RB 1.0.

Scott

J Arrizza

Aug 20, 2010, 12:48:29 AM8/20/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Scott,
Sorry for taking so long to back to you, got tied up on other stuff.

Very nice. You modified the base code in some spot or is the review summary generation already a part of RB 1.07?

John

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Scott Quesnelle <scott.q...@gmail.com> wrote:
John,

I have an implementation in my deployment which generates a review summary when the review is closed, and it writes the summary to a file that is named based on the bugid(s) provided. A separate script runs and talks to the bug tracking system and updates the appropriate bug(s) with the review summary in a standardized enclosure.

This is currently running on RB 1.0.

Scott

J Arrizza

Aug 20, 2010, 12:58:57 AM8/20/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Christian,

Sorry for taking so long to back to you as well...

This is a great idea, should make a lot of things easier to connect up.

John

Scott Quesnelle

Aug 20, 2010, 9:55:26 AM8/20/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I modified the base code for reviewboard. Its one small change in the webapi code to trigger a generate_summary call when the close->submitted action is done.

Then a new file which contains the generate_summary code and its appropriate template. The email code was used as the inspiration, and subtle modifications were made to suit the layout I thought best for the summary. This file is then written to the local disk and I have separate automation which pushes it into our bugtracking system.

Scott

J Arrizza

Aug 23, 2010, 10:28:30 PM8/23/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Scott,

Very nice, thanks for the tip!

John

Brendan Almonte

Sep 28, 2010, 7:02:22 PM9/28/10
to reviewboard
Scott,

Would it be possible to share this code?

Thanks,
Brendan