post-review tool reports 'Error uploading diff: The file was not found in the repository (207)'

paul

Jul 15, 2009, 9:24:43 AM7/15/09
to reviewboard
Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate ReviewBoard. It would eventually run on a linux
environment but for now am trying to deploy on a PC running Windows
XP. I've raise an issue for my problem (http://code.google.com/p/
reviewboard/issues/detail?id=1220), apologies if I should have used
the discussion group first.

Everything seems to be tantalizingly close, but I'm unable to upload
code diffs to the server using the 'post-review' tool and I'm not
getting very useful messages back from it, just the message:
"Error uploading diff: The file was not found in the repository
(207)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Christian Hammond

Jul 15, 2009, 4:34:44 PM7/15/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
That means that one of the files referenced in the diff couldn't be found in the repository. A common cause is that the repository path is set incorrectly.

What type of repository is this?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

paul

Jul 15, 2009, 5:35:31 PM7/15/09
to reviewboard
Christian,

Thanks for the reply. It's a subversion repository.

lets say the URL for the top of my project is 'http://subversionserver:
8888/projects/trunk/top/myproject' - this is how I've define the
repository to reviewboard webapp.
I've checked out everything under 'http://subversionserver:8888/
projects/trunk/top' and set the subversion property 'reviewboard:url'
to the reviewboard webapp URL for folder 'myproject'.

I've then done:
cd myproject (local checked out SVN copy).
post-review.py

Paul

On Jul 15, 9:34 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> That means that one of the files referenced in the diff couldn't be found in
> the repository. A common cause is that the repository path is set
> incorrectly.
>
> What type of repository is this?
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM, paul <paul.grib...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm trying to evaluate ReviewBoard. It would eventually run on a linux
> > environment but for now am trying to deploy on a PC running Windows
> > XP. I've raise an issue for my problem (http://code.google.com/p/
> > reviewboard/issues/detail?id=1220<http://code.google.com/p/%0Areviewboard/issues/detail?id=1220>),

Christian Hammond

Jul 15, 2009, 6:05:45 PM7/15/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
The repository URL should be the base of the repository. Specifically, http://subversionserver:8888/projects/ (assuming projects/ is the root, and not a directory in the SVN server).

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

paul

Jul 16, 2009, 4:36:53 AM7/16/09
to reviewboard
Thanks Christian,

I've now set the URL to the repository base, and when I run 'post-
review' I now get a more promising response:

Review request #12 posted.
http://localhost:8888/r/12

However when I click 'View Diff' for the generated review request, I
get the following in the content pane (below).
Any ideas?

Paul

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\views.py", line
152, in view_diff
interdiffset, highlighting, True)
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py",
line 623, in get_diff_files
large_data=True)
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages\Djblets-0.5-
py2.5.egg\djblets\util\misc.py", line 143, in cache_memoize
data = lookup_callable()
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py",
line 622, in <lambda>
enable_syntax_highlighting),
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py",
line 345, in get_chunks
new = get_patched_file(old, filediff)
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py",
line 261, in get_patched_file
return patch(filediff.diff, buffer, filediff.dest_file)
File "c:\program files\python_2.5.4\lib\site-packages
\ReviewBoard-1.0rc3-py2.5.egg\reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py",
line 109, in patch
stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
File "C:\Program Files\Python_2.5.4\lib\subprocess.py", line 594, in
__init__
errread, errwrite)
File "C:\Program Files\Python_2.5.4\lib\subprocess.py", line 822, in
_execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Christian Hammond

Jul 16, 2009, 5:15:37 AM7/16/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Yep, common problem. patch.exe isn't in the path that Apache sees. I believe some people have solved this by making sure it's part of the global system path, or by setting the path using the SetEnv command in the Apache config file. Do let me know if the former works, and I'll add it to the docs.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

paul

Jul 16, 2009, 9:16:18 AM7/16/09
to reviewboard
Thanks again Christian,
That's done the trick. I tried each solution separately and either one
works fine.

On Jul 16, 10:15 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Yep, common problem. patch.exe isn't in the path that Apache sees. I believe
> some people have solved this by making sure it's part of the global system
> path, or by setting the path using the SetEnv command in the Apache config
> file. Do let me know if the former works, and I'll add it to the docs.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com

Christian Hammond

Jul 16, 2009, 3:46:40 PM7/16/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear.

I have a patch that will be going in to 1.0.1 that will check for this before trying to serve any URLs, and inform the user as to how to fix it, so this won't be as big a problem for future users.

Thanks!

Christian