Reviewer adding files?

Brian

Mar 6, 2012, 6:03:06 PM3/6/12
to reviewboard
Apologies if I'm overlooking this, but is it possible for a reviewer
to add a file to their comment?

I'm thinking either a word doc with comments embedded, or a reference
file that relates to the review being done.

Thanks!
Brian

Christian Hammond

Mar 7, 2012, 4:05:18 AM3/7/12
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

No, there's no feature for this. It would be an interesting one to add down the road, but we'd have to ensure it wouldn't be abused on open servers.

When you say a word doc with comments embedded, are you talking about being able to review word files, or just simply having some word file attached?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Brian

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Brian

Mar 7, 2012, 10:21:46 AM3/7/12
to reviewboard
Hi Christian,

While I would love to review word docs directly within Review Board, I
am just talking about the ability to add a file.

Example - I start a review request and attach a document for review.
The reviewers take it, add their comments (within Word), then attach
their version of the document. In this case Review Board wouldn't
really be used for any diffing, just a place to collect all comments,
etc before moving forward.

Brian

On Mar 7, 2:05 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> No, there's no feature for this. It would be an interesting one to add down
> the road, but we'd have to ensure it wouldn't be abused on open servers.
>
> When you say a word doc with comments embedded, are you talking about being
> able to review word files, or just simply having some word file attached?
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
>

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Brian <phxgat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apologies if I'm overlooking this, but is it possible for a reviewer
> > to add a file to their comment?
>
> > I'm thinking either a word doc with comments embedded, or a reference
> > file that relates to the review being done.
>
> > Thanks!
> > Brian
>
> > --
> >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Christian Hammond

Mar 7, 2012, 2:49:46 PM3/7/12
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Okay, that's easier ;)

Would you like to file a feature request so we can track that?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Brian

Mar 8, 2012, 10:02:49 AM3/8/12
to reviewboard
Sure, I'll do that. Thanks! I know my team will be happy to see that
in a future release!

On Mar 7, 12:49 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Okay, that's easier ;)
>
> Would you like to file a feature request so we can track that?
>
> Christian

深圳手机(王)

Mar 8, 2012, 8:42:37 PM3/8/12
to reviewboard
This should be a useful function especially for design documents.
It would be best to support not only .doc but also .xls format.

From:  "Brian"<phxg...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Thu, Mar 8, 2012 11:02 PM
To:  "reviewboard"<revie...@googlegroups.com>;
Subject:  Re: Reviewer adding files?