未读,
2010年5月17日 13:49:152010/5/17
收件人 revie...@googlegroups.com
On 2010-05-13 12:56, brewsterw wrote:
> I've installed ReviewBoard and have it working under linux, but now
> want to instal RBTools under windows so I can use post_review. I've
> install Active Python and download the rbtools package, but am not
> sure what to do next. I've looked at the documentation on the review
> board web site but haven't found anything. Are there installation
> instructions posted somewhere?

I don't think anyone from my $DAYJOB has tried with AS Python. The
internal instructions I have for Cygwin Python say "install setuptools
and run easy_install RBTools". See
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools#installation-instructions .

Hope that helps.

--
Matthew

Dana Lacoste

未读,
2010年5月17日 14:06:582010/5/17
收件人 revie...@googlegroups.com
There are installation instructions in the RB user documentation (it's a
user program, not an admin program, after all!)

Maybe this will help: here's the "helper" CMD script I use to get my
users to install RBTools.
Note that it assumes you have (with this cmd file)
1 - An "installers" folder containing
1A - "python-2.6.4.msi" (from http://python.org/ : we're not using
Active's products)
1B - "setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe" (from
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools)
2 - A "diffutils" folder containing your diff command structure.
2A - I have a project I'm working on to clarify WHICH version of diff to
use, but currently I recommend the package at
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
3 - A "resourcekit" folder containing pathman.exe
3A - The Windows 2003 Server Resource Kit contains a tool called
"pathman.exe" which will let you modify the system/user PATH from a .cmd

After installing the above (I'm using C:\tools to make a C:\tools\bin
structure and a C:\tools\python structure) I add the paths to the PATH
and then run easy_install to install the RBTools package.

Note that I'm using perforce, so I'm "done" at this point. You might
need more or less if you're using another source control product.

BEGIN install-rbtools.cmd
-----
@echo off
%~d0
cd %~dp0

echo This install script will install components for post-review,
echo the command-line client for ReviewBoard
echo.
echo Installing Python 2.6.4 into C:\tools\python\2.6.4

msiexec /passive /log %TEMP%\python-install.log
TARGETDIR=C:\tools\python\2.6.4 /i installers\python-2.6.4.msi

echo Installing Python 2.6 SetupTools (accept all defaults during
install)
installers\setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe

echo Making C:\tools folder structure
mkdir C:\tools

echo Copying "diff" command and dependent libraries to C:\tools
xcopy /s diffutils\*.* C:\tools

echo Copying pathman.exe (from Windows 2003 Server Resource Kit) to
C:\tools\bin
copy resourcekit\*.* C:\tools\bin

echo Adding C:\tools\bin and Python to User PATH environment
variable/Windows registry
set
PATH=%PATH%;C:\tools\bin;C:\tools\python\2.6.4;C:\tools\python\2.6.4\scr
ipts
pathman.exe /au
C:\tools\bin;C:\tools\python\2.6.4;C:\tools\python\2.6.4\scripts

echo Installing Review Board RBTools Python Package
easy_install -U RBTools

echo.
echo Installation Complete
echo Use 'post-review changelist#' to post a review to the ReviewBoard
echo.
pause
-----
BEGIN install-rbtools.cmd

Hope that's useful to someone :)

Dana Lacoste

brewsterw

未读,
2010年5月21日 11:50:522010/5/21
收件人 reviewboard
Thanks to both of your replies , the instructions helped a lot. I do
think I had a problem with the Python AS install. I basically removed
it and followed the instructions you supplied and got it working

Thanks

Bruce

On May 17, 11:06 am, "Dana Lacoste" <dlaco...@aperio.com> wrote:
> There are installation instructions in the RB user documentation (it's a
> user program, not an admin program, after all!)
>
> Maybe this will help: here's the "helper" CMD script I use to get my
> users to installRBTools.
> Note that it assumes you have (with this cmd file)
> 1 - An "installers" folder containing
> 1A - "python-2.6.4.msi" (fromhttp://python.org/: we're not using
> Active's products)
> 1B - "setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe" (fromhttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools)
> 2 - A "diffutils" folder containing your diff command structure.
> 2A - I have a project I'm working on to clarify WHICH version of diff to
> use, but currently I recommend the package athttp://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
> Subject: How do I installRBToolsunder windows?
>
> Hi,
> I've installed ReviewBoard and have it working under linux, but now
> want to instalRBToolsunder windows so I can use post_review. I've
> install Active Python and download therbtoolspackage, but am not
> sure what to do next. I've looked at the documentation on the review
> board web site but haven't found anything. Are there installation
> instructions  posted somewhere?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bruce
>
> --