How to specify repository with post-review

WhoDatSaint

Oct 29, 2010, 5:12:10 PM10/29/10
to reviewboard
Hi,

My environment has multiple svn repositories. When I cd into my
project directory and run post-review, --debug shows that my
repository info path is wrong. It always default to one particular
repository.

Is there a way to specify which repository to use with post-review? I
am able to do this when creating a new review request through the
web. There's a drop-down list.

Currently, my workaround is to create an empty review request through
the web, so I can choose the svn repository. And, then run post-
review to attach the diff to the named review request id. This works,
but it's a pain.

Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Jan Koprowski

Oct 30, 2010, 9:59:36 AM10/30/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
You can always indicate repository using --repository-url in
post-review command.
This is described here:
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.5/users/tools/post-review/#subversion-options

> --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

><> Jan Koprowski

Christian Hammond

Oct 30, 2010, 4:09:11 PM10/30/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I'm confused about your setup. You're in a source directory, but svn info is giving you information on a different repository? How? Can you describe the directory hierarchy, what you should be seeing, and what you're instead seeing, and where that's coming from?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

WhoDatSaint

Oct 31, 2010, 7:53:39 PM10/31/10
to reviewboard
@Jan I tried "--repository-url", but it looks like it's only meant
for post-committed reviews, since it requires "--revision-range". =(

@Christian Here's my output from running "post-review --debug"
1 c:\Development\workspace\picayune\rails\mobile\trunk>post-review --
debug
2 >>> svn info
3 >>> svn info app/models/category.rb
4 >>> diff --version
5 >>> repository info: Path: http://192.168.1.112:6060/rails/mobile,
Base path: /trunk, Supports changesets: False
6 >>> Looking for 'reviewboard /' cookie in C:\Users\Tin\AppData
\Roaming\.post-review-cookies.txt
7 >>> Cookie file loaded, but no cookie for this server
8 ==> Review Board Login Required
9 Enter username and password for Review Board at http://reviewboard:4040/
10 Username: tin
11 Password:
12 >>> Logging in with username "tin"
13 >>> HTTP POSTing to http://reviewboard:4040/api/json/accounts/login/:
{'username': 'tin','password': '**************'}
14 >>> Logged in.
15 >>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/
16 >>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/1/info/
17 >>> repository info: Path: http://192.168.1.112:6060/repos, Base
path: /trunk, Supports changesets: False
18 >>> Attempting to create review request on http://192.168.1.112:6060/repos
for None
19 >>> HTTP POSTing to http://reviewboard:4040/api/json/reviewrequests/new/:
{'repository_path': u'http://192.168.1.112:6060/repos'}
20 >>> Review request created
21 >>> Uploading diff, size: 10989
22 >>> HTTP POSTing to http://reviewboard:4040/api/json/reviewrequests/17/diff/new/:
{'basedir': '/trunk'}
23 >>> Got API Error 207 (HTTP code 200): The file was not found in
the repository
24 >>> Error data: {u'deprecated': {u'in_version': u'1.5'}, u'stat':
u'fail', u'file': u'/trunk/app/models/category.rb', u'err': {u'msg':
u'The 25 file was not found in the repository',u'code': 207},
u'revision': u'55'}
26 Error uploading diff
27 Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.

On line 5, it detects the correct svn repository (http://
192.168.1.112:6060/rails/mobile), but after logging in, line 18 shows
that it thinks the repository is http://192.168.1.112:6060/repos,
which leads to the error.

Here's my output from running "svn info", which shows the correct
repository:
c:\Development\workspace\picayune\rails\mobile\trunk>svn info
Repository Root: http://192.168.1.112:6060/rails/mobile
Repository UUID: 767f2b9c-365f-4c87-b140-339854ac5c81
Revision: 55
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: root
Last Changed Rev: 55
Last Changed Date: 2010-10-26 15:32:57 -0700 (Tue, 26 Oct 2010)

Thanks for the help!