Apache mod_wsgi non-root installation

Alain V.

Oct 8, 2010, 5:20:23 PM10/8/10
to reviewboard
Hello, I am trying to install ReviewBoard to simply http://site/review/
. I ran rb-site install and it went fine, however it seems to be
failing to redirect URLs properly internally.

When I go to http://site/review/, I'm getting the seemingly common
django error:

--
Using the URLconf defined in djblets.util.rooturl, Django tried these
URL patterns, in this order:

1. ^review/

The current URL, , didn't match any of these.
--

Relevant part in settings_local.py :
--

Relevant apache config:
--

<Directory "/media/raid/trac/reviewboard/htdocs">
AllowOverride All

Alias /review/media "/media/raid/trac/reviewboard/htdocs/media"
Alias /review/errordocs "/media/raid/trac/reviewboard/htdocs/
errordocs"
--

I'm not quite clear on why this isn't working; it seems to want an
extra /review/ in the url -- e.g., http://10.250.114.42/review/review/account/login/

Christian Hammond

Oct 9, 2010, 2:43:36 AM10/9/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
If you unset SITE_ROOT, does it work?

It's possible that mod_wsgi doesn't work well with our custom site root support, or rather, that our custom support is no longer needed with it. I'm not entirely sure.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Alain V.

Oct 12, 2010, 11:57:41 AM10/12/10
to reviewboard
Huh, I could swear I'd tried with a blank SITE_ROOT and
FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME='/review', but perhaps i didn't reload apache. That
fixed the redirect bonanza, thank you!

I do however have a new issue: cannot log in. I'd managed to create an
account before all this, but now any attempt at logging in simply
yields "Cookies must be enabled. " New user registration also seems
broken: it simply reloads the page with no feedback.

Assuming it's necessary, how would I best go about tracing the way
Review Board and mod_wsgi are interacting?

On Oct 8, 11:43 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> If you unset SITE_ROOT, does it work?
>
> It's possible that mod_wsgi doesn't work well with our custom site root
> support, or rather, that our custom support is no longer needed with it. I'm
> not entirely sure.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Alain V. <pahal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, I am trying to install ReviewBoard to simplyhttp://site/review/
> > . I ran rb-site install and it went fine, however it seems to be
> > failing to redirect URLs properly internally.
>
> > When I go tohttp://site/review/, I'm getting the seemingly common

Jan Koprowski

Oct 20, 2010, 1:27:42 PM10/20/10
to revie...@googlegroups.com
There are many, many, many issues related with hosting Django projects
under subdirectory using modwsgi. All was described
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango

Regards,