HTTPS certificate not accepted

Daniel

Jun 29, 2009, 4:34:27 PM6/29/09
to reviewboard
Hi,

I am new to ReviewBoard 1.0 and trying to configure RB with SVN. I got
RB installed but when I try to create a new Review Request, it comes
back with an error:

"HTTPS certificate not accepted. Please ensure that the proper
certificate exists in H:\ /.subversion/auth for the user that
reviewboard is running as."

I don't have any idea why it is looking for a certificate on H:\. On
my system there is an environment variable HOMEDRIVE which is set to H:
\. I read somewhere that this might be caused by Apache home directory
points to a wrong place, but not sure where I can change this. I am
able to do all SVN operations outside ReviewBoard

Any clue?

Thanks
Daniel

Christian Hammond

Jun 29, 2009, 5:21:01 PM6/29/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

From what I've seen, it seems tricky to get this to work right through Apache. What I'd strongly recommend, if possible, is to set a plain http repository for the path and use the https repository for the mirror path. The idea being that Review Board would just simply fetch the files from the http repository and the mirror path would be what Review Board checks when developers are posting changes for review.

If you can't do this, then I think what you need to do is attempt to access the server through https using your user and then move your .subversion directory into wherever Apache is trying to find it. You can probably set an environment variable in the Apache configuration file (using SetEnv) to change this path.

I'd like to make this easier in 1.1 or so. I know it's bitten a lot of people.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Daniel

Jul 10, 2009, 9:25:54 AM7/10/09
to reviewboard
Christian,

Thank you for your reply.

The 1st option is not possible for us, since the SVN repository is
controlled by Collabnet.

For the 2nd option, can you please tell me how to use my user name to
access the SVN server (thru https)?

Thanks
Daniel

On Jun 29, 5:21 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> From what I've seen, it seems tricky to get this to work right through
> Apache. What I'd strongly recommend, if possible, is to set a plain http
> repository for the path and use the https repository for the mirror path.
> The idea being that Review Board would just simply fetch the files from the
> http repository and the mirror path would be what Review Board checks when
> developers are posting changes for review.
>
> If you can't do this, then I think what you need to do is attempt to access
> the server through https using your user and then move your .subversion
> directory into wherever Apache is trying to find it. You can probably set an
> environment variable in the Apache configuration file (using SetEnv) to
> change this path.
>
> I'd like to make this easier in 1.1 or so. I know it's bitten a lot of
> people.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com

Tim Potter

Jul 12, 2009, 9:21:19 PM7/12/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
2009/7/10 Daniel <dkar...@sbcglobal.net>

Christian,

Thank you for your reply.

The 1st option is not possible for us, since the SVN repository is
controlled by Collabnet.

Not sure what you exact collabnet setup is, but if you can create a new certificate that collabnet can access and grant it the Observer fold you can run reviewboard quite nicely.

Add some extra lines to the .subversion/servers file in the home directory like this:

[groups]
csd200a = *.csd200a.com

[csd200a]
ssl-client-cert-file = /var/www/.subversion/cert.p12
ssl-client-cert-password = password

[global]
http-proxy-host = proxy.whatever.com
http-proxy-port = 8080

This is on Linux - I have no idea about the details of Windows or the H:\ drive problem sorry.

For the 2nd option, can you please tell me how to use my user name to
access the SVN server (thru https)?

If you export a copy of your certificate and point to it in your servers file it should work.  The only problem is you need to either leave it unencrypted or specify the password in the servers file.  Both are pretty bad ideas in general.  Having a special reviewboard specific certificate with read-only access is slightly better.

Regards,

Tim.

Daniel

Jul 13, 2009, 9:11:31 AM7/13/09
to reviewboard
Tim or Christian,

Do you know how where I can find the user name with which RB is
running as? What config file? I assume this is different than the user
name that is used to log into RB.

Currently, I have a different error:
HTTPS certificate not accepted. Please ensure that the proper
certificate exists in ~/.subversion/auth for the user that reviewboard
is running as.

So may be I can change this user name to my login user name, which can
access my SVN server.

Thanks
Daniel

On Jul 12, 9:21 pm, Tim Potter <metatr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeff Andros

Jul 13, 2009, 10:55:32 AM7/13/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
In linux, under apache, "ps -A|grep apache" should give you that info... It'll ba your apache user.

--Jeff
--Jeff