DebugAdvisor: A Recommender System for Debugging

1 view

xlvector

Aug 17, 2009, 9:24:54 PM8/17/09
to Resys
http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=101301

微软的一篇文章,转载一下

In large software development projects, when a programmer is assigned
a bug to fix, she typically spends a lot of time searching (in an ad-
hoc manner) for instances from the past where similar bugs have been
debugged, analyzed and resolved. Systematic search tools that allow
the programmer to express the context of the current bug, and search
through diverse data repositories associated with large projects can
greatly improve the productivity of debugging. This paper presents the
design, implementation and experience from such a search tool called
DebugAdvisor.

The context of a bug includes all the information a programmer has
about the bug, including natural language text, textual rendering of
core dumps, debugger output etc.

Our key insight is to allow the programmer to collate this entire
context as a query to search for related information. Thus,
DebugAdvisor allows the programmer to search using a fat query, which
could be kilobytes of structured and unstructured data describing the
contextual information for the current bug. Information retrieval in
the presence of fat queries and variegated data repositories, all of
which contain a mix of structured and unstructured data is a
challenging problem. We present novel ideas to solve this problem.

We have deployed DebugAdvisor to over 100 users inside Microsoft. In
addition to standard metrics such as precision and recall, we present
extensive qualitative and quantitative feedback from our users.

Gary Wang

Aug 17, 2009, 10:14:52 PM8/17/09
to re...@googlegroups.com
呵呵,这个比较有趣,我记得Strands推荐系统创新竞赛的有一个组好像利用推荐系统做药物配方,防止药物过敏。同样的方法会有很多有趣的应用,不仅仅是推荐系统。

xlvector

Aug 17, 2009, 11:45:12 PM8/17/09
to Resys
推荐系统是不是可以用到医疗诊断上面啊,哈哈哈

On Aug 18, 10:14 am, Gary Wang <gary.wang1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 呵呵,这个比较有趣,我记得Strands推荐系统创新竞赛的有一个组好像利用推荐系统做药物配方,防止药物过敏。同样的方法会有很多有趣的应用,不仅仅是推荐系统。

Gary Wang

Aug 17, 2009, 11:49:07 PM8/17/09
to re...@googlegroups.com
可以是可以,出了事就不好负责了,呵呵。