RestKit and iOS5 and ARC

bmctigue

Aug 14, 2011, 1:28:12 PM8/14/11
to res...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I couldn't find a reference to this. I am building a new app that's iOS5 dependent and I really want to use ARC as soon as possible. What's the plan for RestKit? When should I be able to convert to ARC?

Thanks!

Bruce

Gregory Combs

Aug 14, 2011, 10:23:42 PM8/14/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
We're planning on ARC for a 0.9.6 release.

Blake Watters

Aug 14, 2011, 11:30:18 PM8/14/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
I believe you should still be able to build your app using ARC and link against RestKit without the library itself moving to ARC internally. I have been building my RKTableView example app as an iOS 5 project with ARC and linking against RestKit with no issues -- you just don't retain/release your instances.

As Greg mentioned, we're planning to migrate the entire library to ARC in 0.9.6

--
Blake Watters
Sent with Sparrow

bmctigue

Aug 15, 2011, 1:55:51 PM8/15/11
to RestKit
Thanks for the quick replies guys!! I'll see if my project will
convert.

On Aug 14, 8:30 pm, Blake Watters <blakewatt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I believe you should still be able to build your app using ARC and link against RestKit without the library itself moving to ARC internally. I have been building my RKTableView example app as an iOS 5 project with ARC and linking against RestKit with no issues -- you just don't retain/release your instances.
>
> As Greg mentioned, we're planning to migrate the entire library to ARC in 0.9.6
>
> --
> Blake Watters
> Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com)

Anil Punjabi

Mar 17, 2012, 9:32:19 PM3/17/12
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if RestKit has been converted to support ARC.

The SBJson (https://github.com/stig/json-framework) library supports ARC -- so does it mean that if I use RestKit + SBJson library (https://github.com/RestKit/RKJSONParserSBJSON) then I would get the benefits of the ARC enabled SBJson from within Reskit?

Also, does Reskit manage requests in a multithreaded way?

Thanks,
-Anil

Paul Cezanne

Mar 19, 2012, 9:07:56 AM3/19/12
to res...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 17, 2012, at 9:32 PM, Anil Punjabi wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Just wanted to see if RestKit has been converted to support ARC.
>
> The SBJson (https://github.com/stig/json-framework) library supports ARC -- so does it mean that if I use RestKit + SBJson library (https://github.com/RestKit/RKJSONParserSBJSON) then I would get the benefits of the ARC enabled SBJson from within Reskit?

I don't know if it has been converted but you can easily use it in an ARC project just by using the -fno-objc-arc flag on all of the RestKit project in your xcode project.