Updating to master

Jonathan Spooner

Jun 15, 2011, 11:46:32 AM6/15/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I updated to master and I'm not able to load new classes like RKObjectMapping.  I went through the install instructions again and reviewed the example projects but still can't figure it out.  Why wouldn't XCode know about RKObjectMapping when I include <RestKit/RestKit.h>?

Thanks,
Jonathan

jbjon

Jun 15, 2011, 12:32:32 PM6/15/11
to RestKit
I'm getting exactly the same behaviour on the 67-object-mapping-2.0
branch too on an existing project that previously worked with RestKit.

I can see RKObjectMapping in the Symbol Navigator so I know XCode
knows how to navigate to the definition.

My project builds successfully and then when I go back to the class
that uses RKObjectMapping XCode 4 marks the lines with the following
errors:

error: Semantic Issue: Use of undeclared identifier 'RKObjectMapping';
did you mean 'RKObjectMapper'?
error: Semantic Issue: Use of undeclared identifier '[MY_OBJECT_NAME]'
error: Semantic Issue: Unknown receiver 'RKObjectMapping'; did you
mean 'RKObjectMapper'?

However, if I start again with a fresh project then RKObjectMapping
class works fine.

So I don't know what xcodeproj settings or what are lurking around on
my existing project causing these linking errors?

I'd rather not have to start afresh with a new XCode project but I'm
lacking the deeper XCode compiler/linker knowledge to know where to
start to look.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Blake Watters

Jun 15, 2011, 12:39:38 PM6/15/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Try closing out the project and then going to Window menu > Organizer. Click the Projects tab, find the project and delete the DerivedData directory. Then quit Xcode, relaunch and open the project back up. Is it still doing it?
Blake Watters
Two Toasters | CTO

jbjon

Jun 15, 2011, 1:00:53 PM6/15/11
to RestKit
Simple and deadly effective.

Thanks Blake. That's working now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
>  *Blake Watters*

Evan Cordell

Jun 15, 2011, 3:21:39 PM6/15/11
to RestKit
I have the same problem, but deleting DerivedData didn't fix the
problem.

I had it working before on the OM2 branch; updating the submodule to
the master branch is what caused the problem.

Evan Cordell

Jun 15, 2011, 3:59:40 PM6/15/11
to RestKit
However, cleaning and then building fixed the issue.

jspooner

Jun 16, 2011, 8:37:36 PM6/16/11
to RestKit
Sorry new to XCode. Cleaning the build didn't work but your
DerivedDate tip worked great!

Thanks for the tools and help.