xCode 4 and RestKit

Doron Katz

Feb 2, 2011, 6:46:15 AM2/2/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
Ive been trying without luck to follow the instructions to get RestKit imported into XCode 4 existing project. Not sure why but with linking etc i get errors. A helping hand would be great!

Thanks

Blake Watters

Feb 2, 2011, 8:08:26 AM2/2/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doron -

I've had a previous report that the copy files task responsible for placing the RestKit headers into the correct place in the Build directory fail to work under Xcode 4. You can get around this by adding an include path against the Code/ directory and #import'ing the individual classes manually.

I have not had bandwidth to install Xcode 4 and try to find a fix -- its hard to justify since its pre-release and it may just be Apple's fault.

- Blake
Blake Watters
Two Toasters | CTO

philip barile

Feb 2, 2011, 9:02:24 AM2/2/11
to RestKit
Doron,
While I'm not using Xcode4 and am not sure what errors you are
seeing, I did notice that I even though the setup instructions said
"If you wish to use the Core Data support, click the checkbox next to
libRestKitCoreData.a also.", I had to do this regardless to get
everything to link.

Also, make sure the "Header Search Path" is set correctly.
Phil

Doron Katz

Feb 8, 2011, 10:49:58 PM2/8/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Heya yeah,
well i did do that, there isnt an issue of coreData library, but when you drag the project over to mine, all the restKit libs are red (missing I presume). All of the other steps are not the same as xCode 4 works a bit differently with what is where. So the checkbox thing i am not even sure where it is, because i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks guys!

Doron Katz

Feb 9, 2011, 4:16:44 AM2/9/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Interesting what do you mean by include path? Not familiar with what you mean mate.
Ta

Blake Watters

Feb 9, 2011, 8:08:48 AM2/9/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
I have just upgraded to Xcode 4 GM. I will update the install docs to cover Xcode 4 this morning.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Doron Katz <do...@doronkatz.com> wrote:
Interesting what do you mean by include path? Not familiar with what you mean mate.
Ta

Doron Katz

Feb 9, 2011, 5:09:54 PM2/9/11
to res...@googlegroups.com