Comments system?

BlueC

Nov 24, 2008, 4:16:55 PM11/24/08
to ResourceSpace
Just discovering RS and as we're a charity it's awesome to find such a
great piece of OSS for digital asset management.

Anyway, I notice in the "key" it has a little speech bubble that means
"Add or view comments" but I can't find anything else anywhere about
the comments system - I searched the wiki, this group, and all the
config options and found nothing at all. Is there a comments system in
RS or is this little thing in the key a mistake?

Thanks
Chris

Tom Gleason

Nov 24, 2008, 4:30:01 PM11/24/08
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Probably a bug, the key is just showing a feature that you probably
don't have enabled. I think it works pretty well so I usually enable
it.
In config.php:

# Reordering, captioning and ranking of collections
$collection_reorder_caption=true;

This allows you to drag and drop and comment on items within a collection.

Tom

BlueC

Nov 24, 2008, 4:46:31 PM11/24/08
to ResourceSpace
Thanks Tom, you're right: enabling that option enables the commenting
system, as well as re-ordering and ranking. It would be nice for these
options to be independent of each other. I guess I'll need to hack the
page template to get rid of the key entry for commenting since I don't
think we'll be using comments.

Is there a bugzilla (or similar) for RS?

Thanks for the quick response.
Chris

HC

Nov 24, 2008, 4:48:11 PM11/24/08
to ResourceSpace
You're looking at RS's bugzilla :)

Tom Gleason

Nov 24, 2008, 5:25:00 PM11/24/08
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in learning to work with something like Bugzilla,
but it's up to Dan of course.