change time zone

dhaval

Sep 8, 2009, 7:26:10 AM9/8/09
to ReposStyle
hi,

i am using latest version of reposstyle.
this is working fine for me except timezone.

my local time zone is IST.

when i check history using command it shows proper modification time.
e.g
svn log file:///home/svnroot/proj1/test
r101 | dhaval | 2009-09-08 12:30:29 +0530 (Tue, 08 Sep 2009) | 1 line

whereas on web it displays as 2009-09-08T07:00:29.606185Z. assuming
that this is taking GMT. is there option where I can change to to my
local zone?

Theo Barker

Sep 8, 2009, 12:28:05 PM9/8/09
to repos...@googlegroups.com
IMO, it should only report UTC time, since the web interface does not know where the web browser is located. Teams, such as mine, can be distributed across many times zones, so my local time is not their local time. Thus UTC is the best way to report the time and date in the log when viewing via web browser. If you want local times, clients such as TortoiseSVN RepoBrowser report date/time in local time zone, if that's important to you.

FWIW,
Theo

Scott G

Sep 8, 2009, 12:30:19 PM9/8/09
to ReposStyle
Agreed

Staffan

Sep 9, 2009, 7:16:41 AM9/9/09
to repos...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Scott G<sgra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed
>

> On Sep 8, 9:28 am, Theo Barker <theo_bar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> IMO, it should only report UTC time, since the web interface does not know where the web browser is located. Teams, such as mine, can be distributed across many times zones, so my local time is not their local time. Thus UTC is the best way to report the time and date in the log when viewing via web browser. If you want local times, clients such as TortoiseSVN RepoBrowser report date/time in local time zone, if that's important to you.
>>
>> FWIW,
>> Theo

I think so too. However I've found quite a nice solution to localizing
the datetime in the web interface. The strings can be parsed into
Javascript's Date class and then printed out using the browser's
locale and time zone. I could try to make the script work with repos
style. Please remind me if I haven't posted something within a week or
so :)

/Staffan

Scott G

Sep 9, 2009, 7:26:56 AM9/9/09
to ReposStyle
If anything it should be a setting and not hard coded and it should
always be set as UTC/GMT by default.

Staffan

Sep 10, 2009, 3:22:06 PM9/10/09
to repos...@googlegroups.com
You'll now find a dateformat javascript in
https://labs.repos.se/data/repos-plugins/trunk/dateformat/

It comes in the form of a jQuery plugin. Check out to
[docroot]/repos-plugins/dateformat (or wherever you like) and add the
following to head in repos-web/view/log.xsl:

<!-- plugins -->
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/repos-plugins/dateformat/dateformat.load.js"></script>

Refresh and you should see localized date and time.

/Staffan

dhaval thakar

Sep 11, 2009, 1:09:26 AM9/11/09
to repos...@googlegroups.com