Repo Init failed No such file or directory

Montassar

Dec 8, 2008, 4:11:23 AM12/8/08
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
hi
I tried to install Repo on my Mac
I followed all the steps to download it, but when I try to install it
( Step
4 of the tutorial), I get this message and I can't move on to the next
step.
here the message I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./repo", line 590, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "./repo", line 557, in main
_Init(args)
File "./repo", line 176, in _Init
_CheckGitVersion()
File "./repo", line 205, in _CheckGitVersion
proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/subprocess.py",
line 593, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/subprocess.py",
line 1079, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

does anybody have a solution

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 8, 2008, 9:57:37 AM12/8/08
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you have git installed?

JBQ

Shawn Pearce

Dec 8, 2008, 10:14:27 AM12/8/08
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Right, the error is most certainly due to "git" not being in your $PATH.  You'll need to install git first.

Montassar

Dec 8, 2008, 7:36:53 PM12/8/08
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thats right it's about the git, I installed it and its working
thank you very much