Mirroring a synced Android Source Tree

kanagesh radhakrishnan

Feb 3, 2009, 7:24:56 AM2/3/09
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I have synced Android sources from android.git.kernel.org as follows:

$ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
$ repo sync

I have been working on these sources synced from
android.git.kernel.org. Now that my working tree is in a stable
state, I would like to export this to other developers (ideally,
mirror my sources to others).

Is it possible to to create a mirror on a local server from these
sources(synced with repo init without the --mirror option)?

Thanks in advance,
Kanagesh.

Shawn Pearce

Feb 3, 2009, 10:06:45 AM2/3/09
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 04:24, kanagesh radhakrishnan <rkan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have synced Android sources from android.git.kernel.org as follows:

  $ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
  $ repo sync

I have been working on these sources synced from
android.git.kernel.org.  Now that my working tree is in a stable
state, I would like to export this to other developers (ideally,
mirror my sources to others).

I swear I answered this recently on the mailing list in another thread, but even I can't find it.  So I can't exactly fault you for needing to ask the question.  :-)

You'll need to setup a mirror tree and push to that, e.g.:

  mkdir $HOME/othermirror
  cd $HOME/othermirror
  repo init --mirror -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
  repo sync

  cd ~-
  repo forall -c 'git push $HOME/othermirror/$REPO_PROJECT HEAD:my-stable'

and then you'll also need to hack a manifest inside platform/manifest.git so the revision field points to "my-stable" branch rather than "master", and put that onto "my-stable" so others can get it with:

  repo init -u ~you/othermirror/platform/manifest.git -b my-stable

Is it possible to to create a mirror on a local server from these
sources(synced with repo init without the --mirror option)?

Possible yes, but its a huge amount of manual effort.  The on disk layout for a non-mirror client differs significantly from a mirror client.  Its a major design flaw in repo.  But until someone goes and fixes it, you need to create a new mirror.