Look what I found at the police auction

Skip to the first unread message

FatErik

08 May 2012, 22:25:292012/05/08
to "Renaissanced" Bicycle Group
Check out what I picked up at the police auction a couple of weeks
ago. A 1983 Miyata Twelve Hundred!!! SCORE!!!! It was the only
thing at the auction worth bidding on and I made sure to take it
home. I think that I saved it from some hipster who would have turned
it into a fixie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55799645@N05/7162124376/in/photostream/

Things I had to replace:

-- Saddle
-- Cables
-- Bar Wrap
-- Rear Tire
-- Handlebars (old ones are fine but 38cm is too narrow for me)

Up next...I just picked up a 1977 Fuji S10-S that is in great shape.

Martin Moomaw

09 May 2012, 15:22:362012/05/09
to FatErik, "Renaissanced" Bicycle Group
Beauty! My size too.

Montclair BobbyB

04 Jun 2012, 09:47:162012/06/04
to "Renaissanced" Bicycle Group
SCORE!!!

But I wouldn't mind seeing that set up as a fixie, too... In fact I
have an '86 Nishiki Prestige (not unlike your Miyata) that I have
(currently) configured in the original geared setup, but I have run it
as a free/fixed SS and it's AWESOME... I like to change it up
occasionally... that's the spice of life.

I hope you've been enjoying this baby... It's a beauty.

Peace,
Bobby