Identifying the smart lists that a task is a member of.

garyhodgson

Jun 28, 2009, 9:33:34 AM6/28/09
to Remember The Milk API
Hi there,

The results from "rtm.tasks.getList" currently does not indicate if a
task is contained in a smart list. This means that the app has to
loop through each of the smart list names and perform a specific
"rtm.tasks.getList" call for each using a filter: "status:incomplete
AND (list:"overdue").

This creates a quick succession of API calls, and so quite often the
API throttling kicks into effect. (At least that's what I think is
happening .. I get a 105 error back about half way through the
calls). It also seems like bad design to have to manually loop
through each smart list and make a service call to identify these
tasks.

Would it be possible improve the API by adding an array property to
the taskseries object that contains the List IDs of each smart list
the taskseries is a member of?

Looking through the group posts I think a few people would find this
feature useful.

Thanks,
Gary

garyhodgson

Jul 25, 2009, 5:25:53 PM7/25/09
to Remember The Milk API
Hi guys, anyone have a view on this? I think this could be a real
problem with the nature of web applications that use the RTM api.