Flash access needs crossdomain.xml

Alex

Feb 27, 2008, 5:06:55 PM2/27/08
to Remember The Milk API
Sometime in 2007 a question was asked for access of RTM from inside
Flash. I don't think it ever got anywhere.

I am interested in perhaps integrating RTM with Chumby, but that would
require crossdomain.xml to be present.

Could anyone confirm whether such integration would be considered
desirable and make it worth adding crossdomain.xml file to the site.

Regards,
Alex.

Nate H

Mar 1, 2008, 4:46:28 PM3/1/08
to Remember The Milk API
Alex,

Omar (one of the developers at RTM (i believe)) sent me a reply on
12/30/07 (see below):

Hi Nate,

Sorry for the delay.

We've deployed a crossdomain.xml file to api.rememberthemilk.com.

If you change the REST endpoint URL from:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/rest/

to:

http://api.rememberthemilk.com/services/rest/

This should work.

We've updated the API documentation to reflect this change. The old
endpoint will work indefinitely, but will not have a crossdomain.xml
file.

Regards,
Omar

I've been swamped since the first of the year and haven't had a chance
to try it out yet; but plan to this weekend/soon to continue my
development of an Actionscript 3 API-kit; assuming this works.

- Nate