REST API end point

mootoh

Nov 22, 2008, 12:49:05 AM11/22/08
to Remember The Milk API
Hello,

I'm wondering where is the right REST API end point URL?

I found that api.rememberthemilk.com does not work for
'rtm.tasks.getList' request, and it returns HTTP 303. However
rtm.lists.getList works.

Then I tried www.rememberthemilk.com for the REST API end point, and
'rtm.tasks.getList' worked.

RTM site says the end point is api.rememberthemilk.com, and it had
been worked before yesterday.

Omar Kilani

Nov 22, 2008, 1:06:11 AM11/22/08
to remembert...@googlegroups.com
Hey mootoh,

The only supported API end point is at api.rememberthemilk.com.

> I found that api.rememberthemilk.com does not work for
> 'rtm.tasks.getList' request, and it returns HTTP 303. However
> rtm.lists.getList works.

I think you're receiving HTTP 503 (and the response body will contain a
105: Service currently unavailable error).

This is most likely due to API throttling -- please make sure that
you're not making too many API requests at one time.

If you're sure this isn't the case, please let me know the request URL
that you're using, and I can check things out. :)

> Then I tried www.rememberthemilk.com for the REST API end point, and
> 'rtm.tasks.getList' worked.
>
> RTM site says the end point is api.rememberthemilk.com, and it had
> been worked before yesterday.

Please don't use www.rememberthemilk.com for API requests -- while it
will respond to API requests right now, this may not always be the case
in the future.

Thanks!

Regards,
Omar