Our customer is a privately-held, New York-based company and the world's
largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced
information services. During their twenty year history, they have built
some of the most successful brands in the telecommunications, customer
care, and digital media sectors. Last year they served more than a hundred
million consumers globally.
They are now seeking to add a *Senior SOA Architect* to their expanding
team in Austin, Texas.
*Here’s what you’d get to work on:*
- Working directly with other System Architects in order to create the
business and technical services for a complex SOA implementation.
- May be involved in SOA Governance, oversee activities of other
architects and developers, and participate in source code reviews.
- Will assist in establishing standards and will interact with the
partners and engineers to ensure that all technical deliverables comply
with these standards.
- Will communicate in formal presentation settings including medium to
large-sized groups of key decision-makers; therefore, strong leadership and
communications skills will be vital to the success of this position.
- Detail design and implementation of an SOA/Integration Architecture.
- Detail design and implementation of integration patterns, web
services, and system integrations.
- Conducting diagnosis/ assessment activities and defining high-level
- Design and develop solutions that provide secure, robust and scalable
solutions, taking into account user requirements, technical requirements,
etc. (e.g. solution architecture).
- Planning and managing technology development activities.
*Here’s what your background looks like:*
- Experience utilizing the SOA framework to simplify existing
- Acquainted with integration architecture and creating scale and
- Experience working on application domains to utilize tools like
Business Processes Orchestration.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical
personnel, development teams, and management; and to tailor presentations
to the needs and interests of a specific audience.
- Excellent written skills for the development of white papers and
articles covering technical areas.
- Knowledge of current commercial standards and best practices as they
apply to Web Services.
- Familiar with and able to follow the industry-standards for SOA design
patterns and SOA coding practices.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and integrating web
services into a large SOA application.
- Comfortable with the agile development processes, participation in
daily SCRUM meetings, and adhering to designing, coding, unit-testing, and
deployments within bi-monthly agile Sprints
*You’ll* *probably be really happy here if:*
- You’re passionate about software development
- You're looking to contribute not just to our code, but to our culture
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
*Who is Stark?*
Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening
the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our
processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing
value – and most importantly – results, to our clients and candidates.