Translation instructions outdated

Newbie

Feb 28, 2012, 6:59:53 AM2/28/12
to Refinery CMS
Hello,

I don't know if it's the right place to ask about that but the
following link on Refinery website is broken :
http://refinerycms.com/guides/how-to-contribute-to-refinery
(it can be found on this page http://refinerycms.com/guides/translate-refinery-into-your-language)

I am looking for the instructions for translating Refinery into a new
language.

I started by following the instructions on this page
http://refinerycms.com/guides/how-to-contribute-to-refinery-development

but this instruction seems outdated :
cp config/database.yml.sqlite3 config/database.yml

Also I get a "Don't know how to build db:create" error on the next
instruction

I tried "rake build" but I got this error message like a thousand
times, then it stopped (stack too deep)
WARNING: DSL method Object#mkdir_p called at c:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/
1.9.1/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/file_utils_ext.rb:39:in 'mkdir_p'

Please tell me the latest instructions to contribute a new language to
Refinery.

Thanks !

Philip Arndt

Feb 28, 2012, 7:14:56 AM2/28/12
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I've fixed the guide's link bug :-)

Which version of Refinery CMS are you trying to use the guide on?

Newbie

Feb 28, 2012, 8:01:54 AM2/28/12
to Refinery CMS
1.0.9

Newbie

Feb 28, 2012, 8:04:07 AM2/28/12
to Refinery CMS
Also if I run

rake translate:lost_in_translation ...

I get this message :
rake aborted !
Don't know how to build task 'translate:lost_in_translation'

Rob Yurkowski

Mar 2, 2012, 11:22:43 AM3/2/12
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Newbie,

Translation isn't a fun thing to do in 1.0.9, but it is doable. If you're not far into your project, I advise updating to 2.0 instead. If you can't, here's a quick guide: https://gist.github.com/3649d08ab3c84b24ab52

Rob Yurkowski

Mar 2, 2012, 11:23:43 AM3/2/12
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I'm an idiot. You wanted to translate Refinery itself, not an engine. Herpderp.

I'll look into this issue today.