Ato timeout

James Allan

Mar 19, 2011, 10:36:39 AM3/19/11
to Reef Angel Controller
Hey curt,

I was wondering if there was a way to make the ato timeout higher then
250 seconds. My ato is a drip ATO and takes about 800 seconds to fill
to the float switch.

Curt Binder

Mar 19, 2011, 11:06:55 AM3/19/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com
There is, but you won't be able to control it properly via the Setup
Menus. The reason is that the value is limited to 255 on the setup
screen to keep memory usage down and also that a majority of timeouts
are less than 255.

Note, this is geared towards my 0.8.5.X dev libraries.

Anyways, in order to make it larger, you will have to hard code it
(which it sounds like that is fine with you). Also, every time you
change anything with RAGen, you will have to manually edit the PDE
file (sorry). You will not be able to use the Single ATO functions
either (they are in fact limited to 255). The Standard ATO is not.

So, with all that being said, here's what you will need to do. Locate the line:

ReefAngel.StandardATO(Port1); // or whatever Port your ato is on

and change it to

ReefAngel.StandardATO(Port1, 800); // Using the port your ato is on

The second number is the number of seconds you wish to use. The
largest it can be (due to variable limitations) is 32767. Like I said
earlier, you will have to manually change it in the PDE file whenever
you want to make changes (which will most likely not be very often).

If you are using the Standard Libraries, that second line will already
exist. You will just need to change the value to 800.

Curt

--
/*
 *  Curt Binder

James Allan

Mar 19, 2011, 7:30:33 PM3/19/11
to Reef Angel Controller
Ok thanks a lot for that. On to another question. I been trying to
get your Reef Angel Client Suite to work on my windows 7 PC but it
seems to always crash. As soon as I click on it it says the program
shut down and windows is trying to find the problem. I would try to
uninstall it or repair it but both those things don't work either. I
updated all my windows files and they are completely up to date and I
installed .net framework 4.0. I even tried to run it in compatibility
mode and that isn't working. Any ideas on what it could be?

Curt Binder

Mar 19, 2011, 8:04:31 PM3/19/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com
The Client Suite is something Dave created. So I won't be able to
help you on that one.
I do know that it works great on Windows 7 (that's what he uses). I
do not know of any suggestions for you to try in the mean time. Sorry
I can't help out much in that regard.

Curt

Alex Williams

Mar 19, 2011, 8:07:32 PM3/19/11
to Reef Angel Controller
that's really odd. I have mine running on windows 7 with no
problems. I don't have it run in compatibility mode or anything.
Wish I could help. Have you tried to reinstall without removing the
old one? Maybe it'd overwrite it? I'm sure Dave will chime in here
soon.

James Allan

Mar 20, 2011, 9:40:04 AM3/20/11
to Reef Angel Controller
The exact error is "Reef Angel has stopped working, windows is trying
to find a solution." If I try to re install the software I get the
error "Error 1001. The Specified Service Already Exists." If I try to
uninstall it all the way it will only take part of the program off my
system, then when I go to re install it it gives me the error 1001
again. So essentially I could never fully remove this program off my
hard drive.

Curt Binder

Mar 20, 2011, 11:03:03 AM3/20/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com
I did some searching through the old email posts and I recall
something similar to what you are experiencing. To quote a part of an
email thread:

> > So the installer turned out to be a bigger issue than I thought originally.
> > I added the fix the other night to force the window to the foreground
> > during install no matter what. I think the common denominator might be
> > Windows Vista/7. Is that what you're running?
>
> > If so, to delete the service go to.
>
> > Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right-Click command prompt and
> > choose "Run As Administrator"
>
> > when the prompt opens type
>
> > sc delete ReefAngelLogger
>
> > and press enter
>
> > This should delete the service and let you reinstall hopefully. Keep an
> > eye out for that window popping up in the background by moving the main
> > window to the side of the screen and you should be good to go.
>
> > Again, sorry for the trouble.
>
> > -Dave

If you do this, stop/delete the service, then you should be able to
reinstall the software. The person who was having problems had them
solved once they did that. They could reinstall the client software
and it started working great for them. So give that a try and see
what happens.

Curt

James Allan

Mar 20, 2011, 11:48:56 AM3/20/11
to Reef Angel Controller
First let me tell you I appreciate all your help curt. I did exactly
what it says, tried to uninstall and got the error 1001 again, tried
to repair and now it says "error 1001. The specified table already
exist [RARelayProfile]

James Allan

Mar 20, 2011, 11:54:05 AM3/20/11
to Reef Angel Controller
Ultimately I think the best thing to do is to remove all files
manually, remove all registry items, and remove all background running
programs so that the software thinks its a fresh install instead of
trying to repair or uninstall the program. Can someone let me know
what the programs and registry entries are?

Roberto Imai

Mar 20, 2011, 12:45:07 PM3/20/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com
Let me give it a shot.
Don't know if it will work, but worth a try.
1. "Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services"
2. Stop your SQL Server service... Forgot what's called... Something like MSSQLSVR or something else...
3. Delete folder "C:\Program Files\ReefAngel\ReefAngel Client Suite"
4. Restart
5. Try installing again.
Also, make sure that when the installation seems to be frozen, it really isn't.
Simply move windows around and you will find a smaller one just behind the bigger one.

Roberto.

Dave Molton

Mar 20, 2011, 2:16:56 PM3/20/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com, Reef Angel Controller
The client suite itself won't write anything to the registry, though I think windows might as part of the msi installation. The RaRelayProfile error you are seeing is because the installer is trying to create a table that already exists in the database file. You should just be able to delete the db file and the installer should restore it. C:\users\yourusername\application data\roaming\reefangel\ReefLogDB.sdf

Delete that file and it should hopefully complete the next time through. You have to enable viewing hidden files to see the folders.

-Dave

Sent from my iPhone

James Allan

Mar 20, 2011, 2:48:46 PM3/20/11
to Reef Angel Controller
Thanks Dave I got it to reinstall unfortunately I still get the "Reef
Angel has stopped working, windows is trying to find a solution" I
think I am about to give up on this. I have no idea what it could be
at this point

On Mar 20, 2:16 pm, Dave Molton <fossil5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The client suite itself won't write anything to the registry, though I think windows might as part of the msi installation.  The RaRelayProfile error you are seeing is because the installer is trying to create a table that already exists in the database file.  You should just be able to delete the db file and the installer should restore it.  C:\users\yourusername\application data\roaming\reefangel\ReefLogDB.sdf
>
> Delete that file and it should hopefully complete the next time through.  You have to enable viewing hidden files to see the folders.
>
> -Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Dave Molton

Mar 20, 2011, 3:16:33 PM3/20/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what it could be either. Maybe some files didnt copied over correctly because of all the issues..now that that you were able to successfully get it installed, an uninstall through the control panel should also work. After that try running the installer one more time and remember to move the top most window over to see the smaller configuration one. Hopefully everything will complete successfully..

Sent from my iPhone

b_...@suddenlink.net

Mar 25, 2011, 6:13:11 PM3/25/11
to reef...@googlegroups.com, Curt Binder
I am kind of having a similar problem. I connected both floats in series with one mounted a little higher than the other and hooked them up into ATO port 1. I set up the program with RAGen as a dual switch to activate every four hours and a 255 sec time out. When the level drops below the switch the timer always times out. Even when both switches are open. The float switches are mounted with the wires pointing up. What am I doing wrong?