Redis 2.0.0 stable is out

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Sep 3, 2010, 7:19:55 AM9/3/10
to Redis DB
Hello!

Finally we reached 2.0.0 stable.

This is just RC4 with (many) bug fixes applied.
Also this release features an updated redis-cli, backported from master.

Many thanks to VMware, Pieter Noordhuis and the Redis community for making
this possible.

For a list of new / improved things in 2.0.0 please check this web page:

http://code.google.com/p/redis/wiki/Redis_2_0_0_Changelog

Enjoy!
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
http://invece.org

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele

Pedro Melo

Sep 3, 2010, 7:21:57 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

> --

Pedro Melo
http://www.simplicidade.org/
xmpp:me...@simplicidade.org
mailto:me...@simplicidade.org

Pieter Noordhuis

Sep 3, 2010, 7:27:05 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Big Thanks (with a capital T) to Salvatore!

Andrew Maizels

Sep 3, 2010, 7:28:55 AM9/3/10
to redis-db
Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work!
Any typographical or grammatical errors or logical inconsistencies in this message are solely due to the fact that the right side of my field of view is presently fractured into seven pieces.

teleo

Sep 3, 2010, 8:32:54 AM9/3/10
to Redis DB
Thank you so much!

On Sep 3, 2:28 pm, Andrew Maizels <andrew.maiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work!
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Pieter Noordhuis <pcnoordh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Big Thanks (with a capital T) to Salvatore!
>
> > On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org> wrote:
> > > Congrats!

> > making

> >http://groups.google.com/group/redis-db?hl=en.
>
> > > --
> > > Pedro Melo
> > >http://www.simplicidade.org/
> > > xmpp:m...@simplicidade.org <xmpp%3Am...@simplicidade.org>
> > > mailto:m...@simplicidade.org
>
> > > --
> >http://groups.google.com/group/redis-db?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

Michel Martens

Sep 3, 2010, 9:38:20 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Salvatore Sanfilippo <ant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Finally we reached 2.0.0 stable.
>
> This is just RC4 with (many) bug fixes applied.
> Also this release features an updated redis-cli, backported from master.
>
> Many thanks to VMware, Pieter Noordhuis and the Redis community for making
> this possible.
>
> For a list of new / improved things in 2.0.0 please check this web page:
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/redis/wiki/Redis_2_0_0_Changelog

Grazie e congratulazioni per il tuo lavoro!

Luke Melia

Sep 3, 2010, 9:49:59 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Big milestone! Congrats, Salvatore, Peter, and all involved. -Luke

> --

Luke Melia
http://www.lukemelia.com/

Daniele Alessandri

Sep 3, 2010, 10:34:56 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 13:19, Salvatore Sanfilippo <ant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Finally we reached 2.0.0 stable.

Awesome!
Huge thanks to Salvatore and Pieter, and everyone else involved in
this new stable release of Redis.

--
Daniele Alessandri
http://clorophilla.net/

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Sep 3, 2010, 10:49:25 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Daniele Alessandri <suppa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 13:19, Salvatore Sanfilippo <ant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Finally we reached 2.0.0 stable.
>
> Awesome!
> Huge thanks to Salvatore and Pieter, and everyone else involved in
> this new stable release of Redis.

Thank you Daniele, and thanks to all the other guys that sent congrats messages.

The Redis community is what makes all this really interesting and a
pleasure for us to do!

Cheers,
Salvatore

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Sep 3, 2010, 10:48:42 AM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Pieter Noordhuis <pcnoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Big Thanks (with a capital T) to Salvatore!

Thank you Pieter! Redis 2.0.0 was largely possible thanks to your work :)
And Redis 2.2.0 will be so even more.

Cheers,
Salvatore

Matt Todd

Sep 3, 2010, 2:40:25 PM9/3/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I was so entirely pleased to see this email in my inbox :) Really
looking forward to getting this into production as soon as possible!

Keep it up! And don't be shy to tell us what we can help with :)

Matt

--
Matt Todd
Highgroove Studios

Scout - Web Monitoring and Reporting Software
www.scoutapp.com

Rowan

Sep 3, 2010, 11:35:53 PM9/3/10
to Redis DB
Wonderful! Thanks to everyone that's contributed! :)

Joubin Houshyar

Sep 8, 2010, 3:13:43 AM9/8/10
to Redis DB
Congratulations, Salvatore & Peter!