Linking/Appearance Schedule

Ken

Aug 31, 2009, 10:17:08 AM8/31/09
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi,

I'm having some problems understanding the 'Linking/Appearance
Schedule' of a page. It's my understanding that this is used to limit
when a page is shown / published. However, I've set a Linking/
Appearance Schedule on page with a start date in the future and the
page is still published.

Is there some other setting I need to use as well?

Thanks,
Ken

camdev

Sep 1, 2009, 8:01:28 AM9/1/09
to RedDot CMS Users
Ken,

Is the page connected elsewhere? If so you'll need to set linking/
appearance for that link as well.

Cesar

Ken

Sep 3, 2009, 6:50:34 AM9/3/09
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Cesar,

No it's only connected to one list. If a create a brand new page as a
child of a list, give it a 'Linking/Appearance Schedule' with a Start
Date in the future and then run a publish, it publishes the new page.

Ken

camdev

Sep 8, 2009, 5:34:01 PM9/8/09
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Ken,

In the user's display settings, I believe there is a checkbox to
ignore linking/appearance schedule but I thought it applied only to
preview and smartedit. Is your job report indicate that the page was
published?

Cesar

On Sep 3, 6:50 am, Ken <ken...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> HiCesar,

Ken

Sep 9, 2009, 4:54:48 AM9/9/09
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Cesar,

The publishing logs show that the page has been published.

I get a warning:

<WARNING><![CDATA[Found Link without publishingstructure: PageID=10,
ElementGuid=E04123401BF04BFEB473E280AADDA1B5, Elementname=Children]]></
WARNING>

for the page, but I get that for every page. Does this mean something?

Cheers,
Ken

HKStrongside

Sep 9, 2009, 11:12:19 AM9/9/09
to RedDot CMS Users
What does your publishing structure look like? Have you assigned your
varients to that publishing structure?

Ken

Sep 9, 2009, 11:23:32 AM9/9/09
to RedDot CMS Users
At the moment I don't have a publishing structure defined, so
everything is published to the same folder. The publishing target is
set up to just publish to a directory. I only have one variant (HTML),
which is set to use the Default Publishing Target.

camdev

Sep 9, 2009, 1:26:54 PM9/9/09
to RedDot CMS Users
I set up a project without any publishing structure and I do get that
message. I see no effect on linking/appearance however. My page
doesn't publish unless I remove the linking/appearance schedule. Have
you tried clearing the page cache and/or reddottemp?

Ken

Sep 10, 2009, 5:21:02 AM9/10/09
to RedDot CMS Users
I tried clearing the pagecache and reddottemp, and deleted all the
previously published pages. Ran publication again and the pages with a
linking/appearance schedule are still published.