Insert bundle code?

Daniel

Mar 26, 2009, 6:46:58 AM3/26/09
to Redcar
It seems there are some issues with bundle insertion.

I was able to run the "lia" bundle to insert a link_to in a .html.erb
page but I am not able to use the vp or vn (and others) in a Model. It
seems alot of the shortcut code insertions are not working. Is this a
known issue or have I missed something?

- Daniel

Daniel

Mar 26, 2009, 6:51:53 AM3/26/09
to Redcar
Another quick question. Is there currently a way to automatically
format my source files by some key combination like CTRL+Shift+F (used
in eclipse)?

Daniel Lucraft

Mar 26, 2009, 6:54:42 AM3/26/09
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, do you mean reindent all lines of code? That hasn't been written yet.

Actually the whole indentation code needs a good going over to fix
various issues. You can reindent a single line with Ctrl+Alt+[

_______________________________________
Daniel Lucraft

www.daniellucraft.com/blog
twitter.com/danlucraft

Daniel Lucraft

Mar 26, 2009, 7:02:59 AM3/26/09
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/26 Daniel <daniel.g...@gmail.com>:

> It seems there are some issues with bundle insertion.
>
> I was able to run the "lia" bundle to insert a link_to in a .html.erb
> page but I am not able to use the vp or vn (and others) in a Model.

Sorry I seemed to get your emails out of order there.

You can make them work by changing your file syntax (combo box in the
bottom right) to Ruby on Rails. That should probably be automatically
detected, I'll look into it.

> It
> seems alot of the shortcut code insertions are not working. Is this a
> known issue or have I missed something?

I've been through most of the Text, Source and Ruby snippets and
commands, and will start on the Rails bundle when they are done.

best,
Dan

> - Daniel

Daniel

Mar 26, 2009, 7:22:45 AM3/26/09
to Redcar
> You can make them work by changing your file syntax (combo box in the
> bottom right) to Ruby on Rails. That should probably be automatically
> detected, I'll look into it.

Got it. Changing to Ruby on Rails made vp -> validates_presence_of
work as expected. I then tried vl for validates_length_of but that
didn't work. Tried it a couple of times but nothing. I then tried vp
again and it still worked. I inserted vl by using the Bundles menu and
then tried the vl command again and this time it did work. I know the
editor is pre-release but it's still the best RoR editor I've found
for Gnome. :)

Daniel Lucraft

Mar 30, 2009, 3:09:51 AM3/30/09
to Redcar
Hmmm, yes there do seem to be a few issues. I created a bug:
http://redcar.lighthouseapp.com/projects/25090-redcar/tickets/63-weird-snippet-errors

and will look into it when I get a chance.

thanks,
Dan