Build Progress Update

6 visningar

Greg Pendlebury

oläst,
8 juli 2011 00:07:392011-07-08
till the-fascinator-dev, redbox-repo
Hi all,

Just an update on where the development work stands at the moment.

Yesterday The Fascinator v1.0.3 was released to Maven Central and I moved to 'downstream' work on Mint and ReDBox. I've released v1.0.3 versions of the SKOS, CSV and JsonVelocity plugins so Mint now builds (haven't released it yet). Currently working on the Fedora client 2.2.4 (big job) so that ReDBox will build as well. This post is a Friday afternoon summary of my work, so the release will either occur later this afternoon, or more likely early next week.

v1.0.3 of The Fascinator and v1.0.1 of Mint/ReDBox are primarily releases to just migrate the architecture away from USQ hardware. There will be no new functionality. Because the timeframes have been so condensed as well there hasn't been the level of testing I'd like to normally achieve for a release. So following this work we'll be moving to address any urgent outstanding issues raised during the development downtime and perform some more thorough testing. These should become a part of v1.0.2 Mint/ReDBox (and v1.0.4 Fascinator if any work is required on the core platform... unknown at this stage).

Hopefully next week there will also some other posts to the list(s) regarding timelines and project planning.

Ta,
Greg

Dave Huthnance

oläst,
10 juli 2011 19:17:182011-07-10
till redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Re. the version of the Fedora client, I am currently testing the latest version of Vital (5.2.2) that we and some others will probably update to this year.  It is running Fedora version 3.3.1. Hopefully the API is similar enough so that ReDBox integrates OK.  I will be able to test this shortly.

Regards,

Dave

Greg Pendlebury

oläst,
11 juli 2011 18:41:592011-07-11
till redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave,

I'm fairly certain they need a separate Java Library, but that's ok. If nothing else it's a kid in the pants to get both the v2 and v3 fedora handling up to speed, which should be welcomed by others

Ta,
Greg

Greg Pendlebury

oläst,
11 juli 2011 20:44:192011-07-11
till redbo...@googlegroups.com
>> If nothing else it's a kid in the pants

Thanks to Duncan for noticing my typo :) I meant a 'kick in the pants'.

Greg Pendlebury

oläst,
14 juli 2011 21:57:582011-07-14
till redbo...@googlegroups.com, the-fascinator-dev
Hi all,

I've just committed the first code changes to migrate Mint and ReDBox to the new Fascinator version. At this stage I haven't released to Central, and the code won't build for others because of a missing Fedora dependency (v2.2.4). I'm looking for some assistance on the Fedora dev list to release this since I'm not authorized to release artifacts to Sonatype on their behalf.

I do however, now have Mint and ReDBox running again on my laptop, and QCIF (via CQU) are delivering a dev server as we speak, so then I can do some proper testing.

Once the Fedora artifact gets released as well I can probably get the Fedora 2 storage plugin online with relative ease. I'll address this if I can find the time, since I know some are waiting on it.

Ta,
Greg
Svara alla
Svara författaren