JeeContainer Plugin tomcat - red5 won't start

ufk

Sep 6, 2010, 9:11:30 AM9/6/10
to red5
Hello.

After installing latest svn of Red5, port 5080 was not available
anymore.
searching through the messages here i found out about the following
http://wiki.red5.org/wiki/AppServer/JEEContainerPlugins

that explains that i need to configure the default red5 container.

i installed apache tomcat and downloaded the plugins and created a new
directory called plugins in red5.

so now my red5/dist/plugins includes the following jars:

catalina.jar
jasper-el.jar
jasper-jdt.jar
jasper.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar

and i copied tomcatplugin-1.0.jar to red5/dist/lib

When I start red5, there is no change, port 5080 is still closed.

Then I unzipped the tomcatplugin jar and copied jee-container.xml to
the red5/dist/conf directory.

When I tried to start red5 i got the following output:

(open the next link to view the output)

http://pastebin.com/sFt4cYwR

so red5 does not start.

how do i go on from here ?

thank!

Mondain

Sep 6, 2010, 11:14:53 AM9/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
It seems that your default.context is missing
"Context destroy failed for: default.context"
Look in your red5/conf/red5.globals and make sure that it points to a red5-default.xml like so
default.context=${red5.root}/webapps/red5-default.xml
Now ensure that the file is in-place. If all this is as expected and it still errors-out, your red5.root is probably misconfigured; the path will be printed near the top of the console.

Paul

ufk

Sep 6, 2010, 11:58:13 AM9/6/10
to red5
Hello, thank you for your assistance.

I did not touch the default red5 installation at all, i did:

1. svn checkout
2. ant prepare
3. ant dist
4. copied db configuration file to red5/dist/conf
5. symbolic linked the required application directories to red5/dist/
webapps

because i did not touch any red5 related configuration,
red5.globals points to the red5-default.xml properly

when i run red5.sh, it's executed with the following parameter:
-Dred5.root="${RED5_HOME}"

and when i `echo $RED5_HOME` it points to the proper location.

so what am i missing ?

kfir

Andy Shaules

Sep 6, 2010, 12:13:18 PM9/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
It appears you missed a step.

add plugin folder and add tomcat plugin jar and dependencies.

Andy Shaules

Sep 6, 2010, 12:14:38 PM9/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
> and i copied tomcatplugin-1.0.jar to red5/dist/lib

It goes in the plugins directory

Sep 6, 2010, 12:36:37 PM9/6/10
to red5
Hello,

i tried to do the following again (from the beginning):

1. svn checkout
2. ant prepare
3. ant dist
4. copied the following files to red5/dist/plugins directory:
catalina.jar
jasper-el.jar
jasper-jdt.jar
jasper.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar
tomcatplugin-1.0.jar
5. made sure RED5_HOME environment variable is properly configured
5. started red5.sh

i got the same error.
the full output of red5.sh script is at the following url:

http://pastebin.ca/1934429

thanks

kfir
> > --http://gregoire.org/http://code.google.com/p/red5/http://code.google....

ufk

Sep 6, 2010, 12:40:25 PM9/6/10
to red5
i forgot to add that i copied jee-container.xml from the tomcatplugin
to the red5/dist/conf dir.

ufk

Sep 12, 2010, 9:44:38 AM9/12/10
to red5
A little update:

I already tried the same method on 3 different computers.
2 Mac OS snow leopard and 1 Linux Gentoo.

on all computers it fails on the same error message.
on all computers i tried a new version of red5 (latest svn) and i get
the same results.

how come there is no fix for it yet?
did anyone succeed adding tomcat as a default jee container ?

ps.

is there a way to get a faster paid support for the product ?

Andy Shaules

Sep 12, 2010, 11:05:41 AM9/12/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
"how come there is no fix for it yet?"

Its not broken.

"is there a way to get a faster paid support for the product ?"

I offer profesional services, but I dont deal with macs becuase I have not
encountered a mac server in the wild.

However, just to build red5 is probably the same if the eclipse is running
on windows or macs.

Andy

Sep 12, 2010, 11:45:32 AM9/12/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
the pastebin list is imcomplete.

where is juli?

plugin.jpg

Andy Shaules

Sep 12, 2010, 11:46:26 AM9/12/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you are missing a jar.

tomcat-juli-slf4j

ufk

Sep 12, 2010, 12:06:39 PM9/12/10
to red5
Hello.

First I want to thank you for your assistance and patience.
adding the missing tomcat-juli-slf4j jar solved the issue.

First when I configured the jee container, i saw that my tomcat
installation was missing this jar,
and i ignored it.

i copied this jar from an old red5 installation and now it works.

Kfir

Andy Shaules

Sep 12, 2010, 12:12:00 PM9/12/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Not a problem to help others...

So you did it the same way, three times on three systems, ignoring the jar
that is listed as 'required'?

Relax, and breathe deeply. It is easy to make such mistakes when you are not
working at optimum.

I usually solve hard problems after a good nights rest.

gustas

Sep 24, 2010, 11:30:33 AM9/24/10
to red5
tomcat setup (windows script)

@ http://wiki.red5.org/wiki/AppServer/JEEContainerPlugins

red5/plugins directory:

catalina-6.0.26.jar
jasper-6.0.26.jar
jasper-jdt-6.0.26.jar
jasper-el-6.0.26.jar
tomcat-coyote-6.0.26.jar
tomcat-juli-slf4j-1.5.0.jar
tomcatplugin-1.0.jar
jee-container.xml

red5 directory (tom_setup.bat)

@echo off
echo Tomcat container setup
set RED5_HOME=%CD%
cd "%RED5_HOME%\plugins"
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jar" -xf tomcatplugin-1.0.jar jee-container.xml
copy jee-container.xml "%RED5_HOME%\conf\jee-container.xml"
pause

Guz