[Red5] record playback is very slow between Red5 and Flash

cem sonmez

May 5, 2010, 4:32:13 AM5/5/10
to red5interest
hi all
I have done server side recording successfully with red5 and can see
that the flv record is located in $red5-app/streams directory.
Then if I try to playback the record like
NetStream.play("record.flv"), I see that stream playing is very very
slow, for both of audio and video.
And then if I try to playback the recorded file via using the
filesystem path of it, everthing seems fine.
Problem occurs when I try to sucscribe and play the stream of the record.

PS : There is no problem with playing the published stream
(NetStream.play("streamName"))

Does anyone have an idea about this issue?
If you need any additional information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance

Regards
--
Cem SONMEZ

cem sonmez

May 6, 2010, 4:24:09 AM5/6/10
to red5interest
I think someone might have faced this like problem before.
Can anyone help me please how to work out this problem, I got stuck here.

Red5 version : 0.9.RC1

Regards

2010/5/5 cem sonmez <cemos...@gmail.com>:
--
Cem SONMEZ

Ignacio Lopez

May 6, 2010, 8:54:31 AM5/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried 0.8 ?? 0.9.1 has known issues when recording and people
in the list generally have had better experiences with older
versions.....

cem sonmez

May 6, 2010, 9:07:32 AM5/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
before 5 min. you write, started to download 0.8, remembered that
someone was having problem with 0.9* about recording.
I will try with 0.8 and post back the results here.
Thanks

2010/5/6 Ignacio Lopez <ignaci...@gmail.com>:
--
Cem SONMEZ

cem sonmez

May 6, 2010, 9:39:00 AM5/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Ignacio, as you said, downgraded version 0.8 and tried with it. Now
everything seems working fine.
I will go on working on 0.8 from now on.
Thanks