Best way to integrate with C#?

Mideon

Jun 10, 2010, 2:00:37 AM6/10/10
to recastnavigation
Does anyone know how this amazing project can be used with C#?
Currently I am trying to compile Recast into a .dll so I can attempt
to use that via C# code....

But when I jam all of the code files together into a project in the
CodeBlocks IDE and attempt to build the project.... I am getting code
errors. I am weaker at C++...and though I mean to learn, I assume the
code is just fine and dandy as example projects have been built and I
can't seem to find anyone else running into these issues.

Am I doing something horribly wrong?

Thanks for any and all help!

Bill Bierman

Jun 10, 2010, 2:04:23 AM6/10/10
to recastna...@googlegroups.com
You would have to wrap the functions you want to use in a C++/CLI DLL
which would then be referenced by your C# app. Either that, or use
DllImport. Using a C++/CLI DLL is nice because it allows you to
expose types, not just functions.

Domi

Jun 10, 2010, 4:41:57 PM6/10/10
to recastnavigation
We just implemented that. But since we required to change the code
base a little, we created our own repository (does recastnavigation
plan to move to Git, then we can just fork it and recast can merge
changes that are useful to everyone).

Anyway, here is the recast repository: http://code.google.com/p/recastcuda/
And here is the .NET code: http://github.com/WCell/WCell-Terrain/tree/master/TerrainDisplay/Recast/