A way to get reCaptcha to work with flash/flex

cber

Oct 24, 2007, 2:02:21 PM10/24/07
to reCAPTCHA
I just sent e-mail to recaptcha asking them if there was a plan to
support for a flex/flash friendly interface. The short answer is no.

However, there is a hack which I got to work. I have the client side
flash code make a request to the noscript interface and get the
returned html. In there is a link to the actual image along with the
challenge id string which I find with string searches. I can then
load the image inside of flex and get the user's input using a flex
form. The user's input and challengeID are then sent to the back end
server which then talks to the verify server.

It's a brittle solution since I rely on the html returned by the
noscript interface not changing.... but it will work as long as the
recaptcha guys don't change the name of the recaptcha image and the
challengeid in the html. Although recaptcha support's response
was:"The no-script html is unlikely to change, however such changes
could still happen."

Not very encouraging. I'll be looking at other captcha options as
backup plans. It would be nice if they could at least give us a heads
up when they changed the html, but hey... it's nice to have a captcha
I didn't have to implement (yet)... so I'm not complaining too much.

~C

Ilham Shiraz

Mar 13, 2013, 2:44:38 AM3/13/13
to reca...@googlegroups.com