recaptcha.net site changes, and a change to the reCAPTCHA API

Colin McMillen

Jun 30, 2010, 5:02:59 PM6/30/10
to reCAPTCHA
Hi all,

The official recaptcha.net homepage has been moved inside Google, and
is now available from http://www.google.com/recaptcha. All the old
http://recaptcha.net URLs should automatically redirect to the new
URLs. The content of the site is almost identical, but we will be
making some additional changes in the next week or two (and will send
another message here when the changes are ready.)

Another change that we should mention: the official documentation for
the reCAPTCHA API now uses the URLs of the Google servers rather than
the URLs of the legacy recaptcha.net servers. If you already have
code that's using recaptcha.net and working, it should continue to
work fine, because are transitioning seamlessly. However, just so
that people are aware, these are the URLs that are in the new
documentation:

api.recaptcha.net/<X> is now www.google.com/recaptcha/api/<X>
api-secure.recaptcha.net/<X> is now www.google.com/recaptcha/api/<X>
(there is no longer a separate hostname for SSL vs. non-SSL traffic)
api-verify.recaptcha.net/verify is now www.google.com/recaptcha/api/verify

The plugins we officially support have been updated to use the new
URLs by default, and many of the community-supported plugins have also
switched to the new URLs already.

Colin
(& the rest of the reCAPTCHA team)

Nick Wilcox

Jun 30, 2010, 10:54:02 PM6/30/10
to reCAPTCHA
I have a considerable list of sites using reCAPTCHA. Would have been
nice to get a warning that was was going to happen so I could have
gotten my list before the logins were changed.

Suggestions on how I can get list?

On Jun 30, 5:02 pm, Colin McMillen <mcmil...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The official recaptcha.net homepage has been moved inside Google, and
> is now available fromhttp://www.google.com/recaptcha.  All the oldhttp://recaptcha.netURLs should automatically redirect to the new
> URLs.  The content of the site is almost identical, but we will be
> making some additional changes in the next week or two (and will send
> another message here when the changes are ready.)
>
> Another change that we should mention: the official documentation for
> the reCAPTCHA API now uses the URLs of the Google servers rather than
> the URLs of the legacy recaptcha.net servers.  If you already have
> code that's using recaptcha.net and working, it should continue to
> work fine, because are transitioning seamlessly.  However, just so
> that people are aware, these are the URLs that are in the new
> documentation:
>
> api.recaptcha.net/<X> is nowwww.google.com/recaptcha/api/<X>
> api-secure.recaptcha.net/<X> is nowwww.google.com/recaptcha/api/<X>

P JH

Jun 30, 2010, 11:38:44 PM6/30/10
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Nick Wilcox <wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a considerable list of sites using reCAPTCHA.  Would have been
> nice to get a warning that was was going to happen so I could have
> gotten my list before the logins were changed.
>
> Suggestions on how I can get list?

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create - click the link where
it says "Have an old reCAPTCHA account? Click here to migrate your
sites."

Your gmail login should suffice to get on that page.

--
PJH

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/makeitthemaximum

Nick Wilcox

Jul 1, 2010, 9:25:01 PM7/1/10
to reCAPTCHA
Thank you

I went try and login but it appears my password is not working. Am I
out of luck? The forgotten password system seems to be removed.