reCaptcha in Spanish

E.J. James

Aug 31, 2009, 4:39:09 PM8/31/09
to reCAPTCHA
If I had hair I'd have pulled it all out by now! =)

Anyone have any suggestions on getting reCaptcha to return its results
in Spanish?

I've added the <script> block which sets "var RecaptchaOptions =
{ lang: 'es' };" in my ASPX page (site written in C#), but it still
doesn't seem to work the way I thought/understood it to.

Am I reading/doing it incorrectly?

TIA for any help!
E.J.

E.J. James

Aug 31, 2009, 4:53:12 PM8/31/09
to reCAPTCHA
Should have mentioned...we have reCaptcha on several pages on several
of our sites. We recently added a Spanish version of a form (the only
one anywhere on any of our sites), and getting reCaptcha to return/
display in Spanish is the only issue I'm currently having.

Otherwise reCaptcha is working flawless for us.

E.J. James

Sep 1, 2009, 11:21:46 AM9/1/09
to reCAPTCHA
No one?

Surely someone else has done this already and can shed some light on
it for me? =)

Paul Herring

Sep 1, 2009, 11:26:51 AM9/1/09
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM, E.J. James<the.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions on getting reCaptcha to return its results
> in Spanish?
>
> I've added the <script> block which sets "var RecaptchaOptions =
> { lang: 'es' };" in my ASPX page (site written in C#), but it still
> doesn't seem to work the way I thought/understood it to.

And how do you think/understand it works, and what is it doing instead?

--
PJH

http://shabbleland.myminicity.com/
http://www.chavgangs.com/register.php?referer=9375
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Shabble

E.J. James

Sep 1, 2009, 11:38:22 AM9/1/09
to reCAPTCHA
Well, as I mentioned...I've got reCaptcha working on several other
forms. My understanding of the instructions was to simply add a
<script> block.

****************
You can optionally customize the look of the reCAPTCHA widget with
some JavaScript settings. To use these settings, insert a <script> tag
that defines a dictionary called RecaptchaOptions. The following
dictionary fields can be set:
*****************

Therefore I added this script block:

<script>
var RecaptchaOptions = {
lang : 'es'
};
</script>

it doesn't seem to work anywhere. It still displays everything in
English, even it's returned error "The validation words are not
correct".

Do I have to do a completely custom theme and essentially build the
control from its most basic parts in order for it to recognize a
change in language?

Thanks for the response.

Paul Herring

Sep 1, 2009, 11:48:43 AM9/1/09
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM, E.J. James<the.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Therefore I added this script block:
>
> <script>
> var RecaptchaOptions = {
>   lang : 'es'
> };
> </script>

> it doesn't seem to work anywhere.

URL? As presented it should work.

--
PJH

E.J. James

Sep 1, 2009, 1:08:29 PM9/1/09
to reCAPTCHA
Not in production yet, so only accessible on our intranet for testing.

Any suggestions on other things to try?

Paul Herring

Sep 1, 2009, 1:59:30 PM9/1/09
to reca...@googlegroups.com
W3C Validation for the HTML, Firefox's Firebug for the javascript.
Sort out all errors and as many warnings that both throw up.

derybero

Oct 13, 2009, 1:34:34 AM10/13/09
to reCAPTCHA
I got it working on phpBB 3.0.6 RC2. It took a while as I tried
putting it everywhere. Just something to notice is that IE is
displaying it in english, while FF is dislplaying it in spanish, weir
huh?

I just went to /styles/prosilver/template/captcha_recaptcha.html and
placed the <script>var RecaptchaOptions = { lang: 'es', };</script>
after <!-- IF S_RECAPTCHA_AVAILABLE --> in line 12

:)

Ast Derek

Oct 14, 2009, 12:03:20 PM10/14/09
to reCAPTCHA
I think James refers to having the captcha words in spanish. If that's
the case, that's has a very low probability, since the project is to
digitilize old books, I guess those books are in english.