TS-Aligner Summer Special

Ed Bennett

Jun 13, 2002, 12:59:16 PM6/13/02
Hi Folks,

Over the years many have asked me if I ever run specials or sales for
the TS-Aligner products. I've always responded with the same answer.
But, every year I spend the Summer trying to make ends meet and every
Fall/Winter I go crazy to fill orders (with long lead times and huge
backorders). So, in an effort to try to even things out a bit (and
keep the machinery running) I'm going to offer an incentive for people
to buy early.

Starting 6/1/02 all orders for TS-Aligner, TS-Aligner Jr. Deluxe, and
TS-Aligner Jr. Lite will include a *FREE* 45 degree steel angle block.
This promotional angle block is precision ground from hot rolled 1018
carbon steel, fully annealed. Same size as my standard 45 degree
angle block (approx. 4" x 6" x 0.25") with the same accuracy
specification (0.0001" per inch). It is different from my standard
angle blocks (made from hardened O-1 tool steel) and is not for sale
separately. Offer ends 8/31/02. You've got 79 days to take advantage
of this offer!

Also, the free video offer IS BACK! Receive a free copy of the
TS-Aligner Jr. video by sending your name and address in an email
message to:

vi...@ts-aligner.com

No purchase necessary to receive a free video. No spam will result.
Your email address will not be disclosed to anybody. Just ask the
hundreds of people who requested the free video last year. It really
is free with no strings attached. This video is a high quality
professional production that is informative and educational - worth
having even if you never intend to buy a TS-Aligner. Just don't
forget to include your name and address (it happens!). An
"autoresponder" will confirm that your email was received (sorry, I do
read every message but I can't possibly give a personal reply to each
and every request). Offer ends 12/31/02.

See my web site for details:
http://www.ts-aligner.com

Thanks,
Ed Bennett
e...@ts-aligner.com

Lyn J. Mangiameli

Jun 15, 2002, 12:18:02 PM6/15/02
Folks,
This is a great product. I've had mine for 4 or 5 years now and wouldn't
want anything else (well, just maybe his full size TS-Aligner rather than
my Jr. model-but I'm not even sure about that). This is a truly useful
device that you will find yourself finding more uses for, rather than
just for table saw alignment. Whether you already have one, are just
considering one, or even have a competitors product, I'd strongly suggest
you take Ed up on his free video. This is not a marketing video but a
first rate video manual for the tool, showing several techniques that
aren't even discussed in his comprehensive text manual.

This is about as strong a testimonial as I can give, but know that I
don't have any relationship to Ed or his business, in fact, I haven't
even bought anything from him in several years. Once you get one, it
works forever and you don't need anything else (though it's a good idea
to get one of his precision squares along with the aligner). Actually, I
take that back, I do sometimes wish I had the case he now includes with
it (my earlier model didn't come with one), but my cardboard box works
just fine.

Lyn

robs_woodworking

Jun 15, 2002, 10:58:40 PM6/15/02
You just reminded me I was meaning to purchase a TS-Aligner Jr....so I just
did. Thanks Lynn

Rob

--

Remove CC for email and please visit our web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Lyn J. Mangiameli" <kuma...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Unisaw A100

Jun 16, 2002, 7:31:05 AM6/16/02
robs_woodworking wrote:
>You just reminded me I was meaning to purchase a TS-Aligner Jr....so I just
>did. Thanks Lynn

Ditto Lyn. I ordered mine on Friday. The young man
expected it would ship the following day. Too bad I'll be
out of town when it arrives. :-(

UA100

Bob G.

Jun 16, 2002, 8:39:28 AM6/16/02

robs_woodworking wrote:

> You just reminded me I was meaning to purchase a TS-Aligner Jr....so I just
> did. Thanks Lynn
>
> Rob

=========================
I did NOT intent to order one..but I do intent to visit the site again and look
at the darn thing.
My problem is the cost...pure and simple...My tables cuts fine..true
90 degrees with a sled no blade marks on the surface of the wood after
cutting...etc...Spending the money to "fix" something that is NOT broken
just makes me wonder...and always has...

Anyway I'll check it out again... most likely will still have the same opinion
but who knows I have been know to change my mind...

Bob Griffiths

Unisaw A100

Jun 16, 2002, 9:06:20 AM6/16/02
Bob G. wrote:
>My problem is the cost...pure and simple...My tables cuts fine..true
>90 degrees with a sled no blade marks on the surface of the wood after
>cutting...etc...Spending the money to "fix" something that is NOT broken
>just makes me wonder...and always has...

I hear you Bob and couldn't agree more, but, order the
video. Ed does this thing at the beginning that
hip-know-tizes you and makes you want/need it. :-)

All kidding aside, I think people see it as a *one trick
pony* and don't realize the number of machines it can be
used on and the set-up operations it simplifies. Ever do an
mitering? Ever change out the cutters on a jointer? Ever
set up your drill press? Ever... OK, you get the idea.

>Anyway I'll check it out again... most likely will still have the same opinion
>but who knows I have been know to change my mind...

I look at it as, it's $139 that I'll never have to spend
again.

UA100

Neil Williams

Jun 16, 2002, 3:36:24 PM6/16/02
Hey, if there's any sort-of-neanders in the Phoenix area,
I'll loan you my ts-aligner jr (with video) in exchange
for a day's lesson on how to flatten boards by hand. It's
been driving me nuts. I can hand-joint an edge just fine,
but doing the face eludes my best efforts.

--Neil

"Bob G." <rg...@fred.net> wrote in message

rlli...@earthlink.net

Jun 16, 2002, 4:33:56 PM6/16/02
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:31:05 GMT, Unisaw A100 <Unisa...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

Dam small world..I ordered mine Thursday and won't be here when it
arrives....OH Well!!!!!!!!!

Ed Bennett

Jun 16, 2002, 10:58:46 PM6/16/02

> I did NOT intent to order one..but I do intent to visit the site again and
look
> at the darn thing.
> My problem is the cost...pure and simple...My tables cuts fine..true
> 90 degrees with a sled no blade marks on the surface of the wood after
> cutting...etc...Spending the money to "fix" something that is NOT broken
> just makes me wonder...and always has...
>
> Anyway I'll check it out again... most likely will still have the same
opinion
> but who knows I have been know to change my mind...
>
> Bob Griffiths

I couldn't agree more Bob. If you never change your blade tilt, don't
adjust your miter gauge setting, don't have a jointer that needs knife
changing, don't make doors with a rail & stile bit set, or don't change a
whole host of other settings on various machines then you will find very
little use for a TS-Aligner. Broken? Absolutely not. Maybe just a little
limited. You also won't have much use for an Aligner if you enjoy aligning
and adjusting your machines by trial and error (or you really aren't very
concerned about accuracy). Great woodworking can be done without an Aligner
(and has been for centuries!). It can also be done without a tablesaw,
jointer, router, drill press, shaper, or any other modern machinery. But,
if you like using these machines, and you want to get the most out of their
capabilities with the least amount of frustration, then you'll find a
TS-Aligner to be pretty darn handy.

Ed Bennett
e...@ts-aligner.com
http://www.ts-aligner.com
Summer specials: Free 45 degree steel angle block
Free instructional video
See web site for details.

---

Bob G.

Jun 17, 2002, 7:06:44 AM6/17/02

> I couldn't agree more Bob. If you never change your blade tilt, don't
> adjust your miter gauge setting, don't have a jointer that needs knife
> changing, don't make doors with a rail & stile bit set, or don't change a
> whole host of other settings on various machines then you will find very

snip snip snip
I do have to agree that I do spend a whole lot of time "setting up" and have
actually spend a complete day on more then one occasion dealing with a jointer
...SO maybe spending $139 bucks would not be such a bad idea...
Actually the jointer is about the only machine that drives me bonkers setting
up..."older 6" Rockwell". I also am retired so time spend in the shop even
setting up the jointer is for the most part enjoyable and "productive" in my way
of thinking... and Money is really not an issue
spent a hair over $100 bucks taking my wife out for dinner last week and left
the "fancy' Restaurant starved...which honestly pisses me off to no end...!

Bob Griffiths

Unisaw A100

Jun 17, 2002, 6:39:00 PM6/17/02
Bob G.> wrote:
>spent a hair over $100 bucks taking my wife out for dinner last week and left
>the "fancy' Restaurant starved...which honestly pisses me off to no end...!

Yah I hear ya, but you can't eat the TSAligner neither.

UA100, patiently waiting to go out of town tomorrow so he
can get back to play with his TSAligner...