Black Walnut Question

tdstr

Apr 11, 2006, 4:06:33 PM4/11/06
Greetings!

I'm not certain that if this group but I figure it is worth a shot. I
have a 50' black walnut tree in my backyard that I'd like to get rid of.
Now people tell me I would be able to *sell* the tree for some serious
coin as black walnut is considered a exotic wood. I've never heard of
selling a whole tree before but I have heard the story from at least 20+
different people telling me otherwise.

Any form of truth to selling a whole black walnut tree or am just
wanting to believe a pipe dream.

wodenob

Apr 11, 2006, 4:11:32 PM4/11/06
Look up saw mills or suppliers of furniture grade timber near you an
talk to them ,it will be worth it
regards dennis

tdstr

Apr 11, 2006, 4:17:22 PM4/11/06

Ok, this makes a lot of sense. However, how would I look up 'suppliers
of furniture grade timber' in the phone book? Would it all be grouped
together under sawmills and the like?

wodenob

Apr 11, 2006, 4:30:40 PM4/11/06
You can punch in thoughs words in the search engine looking local,or u
should b able to look up timber in the phone book and find a sub
heading furniture grade
regards dennis

Lew Hodgett

Apr 11, 2006, 4:31:06 PM4/11/06
tdstr wrote:

> Ok, this makes a lot of sense. However, how would I look up 'suppliers
> of furniture grade timber' in the phone book?

Get up off your lazy hind end and open the phone book.

Lew

tdstr

Apr 11, 2006, 4:38:00 PM4/11/06

Just did and called 4 outfits under 'timber'. All of them had zero
interest in the tree and quite honestly, they gave me the impression I
was bothering them. That tells me that timber company's are not
interested in whole trees.

The reason I was being specific on 'suppliers of furniture grade timber'
is that I now know that with woodworking they are other terms used that
I'm not familiar with. Like 'sawyer'. I just want to make certain to
look in the right place.

Swingman

Apr 11, 2006, 4:50:31 PM4/11/06

"tdstr" wrote in message

E-mail Woodmizer and see if they will give you the name/number of an owner
in your area:

http://www.woodmizer.com/en/support/contact/index.aspx

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Frank Boettcher

Apr 11, 2006, 4:50:42 PM4/11/06
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:38:00 -0500, tdstr <td...@foadspammer.com>
wrote:

Timber guys are looking for whole fields to clear cut, usually not
interested in a single tree.

local guy in my area who mills, dries and planes wood in small lots
for people will often take a single tree and offer the owner a "share"
of the yield, either in the wood itself or in what he gets for it.

Find a woodworking club or ask at the cabinet shops. If there are
people who do that in your area, they will know.

Frank

janaha...@yahoo.com

Apr 11, 2006, 5:15:47 PM4/11/06
To everyone with walnut trees in their yard...Here's how you know if
you have something worth anything. If tree buyers are knocking on your
door asking to buy it, you have something. If not, it' not. Walnut yard
trees are pretty much a "dime a dozen" .

Fly-by-Night CC

Apr 11, 2006, 5:39:32 PM4/11/06
In article <123o32a...@corp.supernews.com>,
tdstr <td...@foadspammer.com> wrote:

their Black Walnut for "serious coin". My guess is that they'll bail out
on providing a solid source. We all hear stories about the tree worth
big bucks - problem is that they're extremely few and very far between.
But that doesn't stop folks from spreading the story until it's believed
to be a common occurrence.

You'll run into several potential problems with your tree:

How large in diameter is the tree 8' off the ground? Minimum for a
commercial outfit would likely be 2.5' to 3'. Less than that there's
just too much waste for the effort.

How close is the tree to a structure and how accessible is the
location to machinery? Oddly enough residential folks just don't cotton
to a skidder tearing up their lawn. And, the proximity of a building
would heavily dictate the skills of the feller (the guy who actually
takes the tree down) - you also don't want some unbonded, unlicensed Joe
dropping the tree on your roof.

Yard trees and those along fence rows are notorious among mills and
woodturners to contain nails, screws, bolts, even horseshoes. Many
commercial outfits don't want the hassle and expense to repair and
resharpen a band saw blade so won't even consider such a tree.

A professional tree service can certainly take the tree down for
serious coin - but it's going to be your coin going into their pockets.
You could then have it milled to lumber by a self-employed sawyer in an
attempt to get a portion of the felling costs back.

You may be able to offer the trunk portion to a local turning club for
money, but don't expect to get rich - most turners get their green wood
for free. When they do pay, it's usually on the order of firewood prices
unless it's especially figured or burled. If you do go this route, drop
me a note here and I can direct you to a local chapter of the American
Association of Woodturners - contact the local turners before you cut
the trunk into sections.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Guess who

Apr 11, 2006, 5:39:38 PM4/11/06
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:06:33 -0500, tdstr <td...@foadspammer.com>
wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>I'm not certain that if this group but I figure it is worth a shot. I
>have a 50' black walnut tree in my backyard that I'd like to get rid of.

What shape is it in? I have one I inherited with my home. The
squirrels think it's their home when they get chase out of mine. I
*might* get a couple of boards out of it.

When you say "in your backyard", is it a hazard to cut down? Is there
room to properly fell it? Is it worth their while to bother?

You need local advice from the person felling the tree, and who is
there to see it. They call themselves "tree surgeons" around here.
That jacks up the price, and my medical doesn't cover it. Assuming it
can be felled to decent length, find out what it would cost to remove
it [entirely, brush and all], what it would cost to haul it to a mill,
what it would cost to rough saw, what it would cost to have it planed
[don't rely on your handy 12" planer for that] ...and balance that
against the end product in board feet of what might or might not be
first grade walnut.

Me? I'd tell whoever cuts mine down and removes it to keep it, and
leave me a couple of feet to play with. Now, if I had a couple of the
magnificent specimens a friend of mine saw on his golf course, that
would be a different story.

Gooey TARBALLS

Apr 11, 2006, 6:10:59 PM4/11/06
Why not try putting it up on e-bay?

If you can measure the girth and height and post a few pictures (photo
bucket dot com) I suspect you might find folks beating a path to your door.

You should consider requiring a licensed and INSURED person or company to do
the felling and removal - esp if it is close to your house!

You could lose your house by letting some uninsured person fall out of the
tree and paralyze himself on your property.

Call your insurance agent before letting anyone start the job.

"tdstr" <td...@foadspammer.com> wrote in message

John Grossbohlin

Apr 11, 2006, 6:44:43 PM4/11/06

"Fly-by-Night CC" <onln...@easystreet.com> wrote in message

> How close is the tree to a structure and how accessible is the
> location to machinery? Oddly enough residential folks just don't cotton
> to a skidder tearing up their lawn. And, the proximity of a building
> would heavily dictate the skills of the feller (the guy who actually
> takes the tree down) - you also don't want some unbonded, unlicensed Joe
> dropping the tree on your roof.

Reminds me of the time a neighbor crushed the roof on my brother's Pontiac
Bonneville with a tree that fell the wrong way... ;~)

John

Pounds on Wood

Apr 11, 2006, 7:10:39 PM4/11/06

Gooey TARBALLS

Apr 11, 2006, 9:01:41 PM4/11/06
Ad Number: 433 Date Posted: 04/05/2006
Contact: Joanne Vicaretti
243 Shinhollow Rd
port jervis, NY 12771
USA Telephone: 914-850-5095
E-mail: Jvica...@yahoo.com
Web Site:

Description
Hi,
We have many large oak and hickory trees that we will be
downing and I would like to have them cut into lumber. Is there anyone
willing to come to this area with a protable sawmill?

The Wood Works
Ad Number: 432 Date Posted: 03/28/2006
Contact: Robert Randles

Sloughhouse, CA 95683
USA Telephone: 916-396-4521
E-mail: thewoo...@frontiernet.net
Web Site: www.sacwoodworks.com

Description
Custom Lumber Milling in the Sacramento Area.

Peterson tree service, costom milling
Ad Number: 430 Date Posted: 03/15/2006
Contact: Pete Peterson
P.O. Box 83476
fairbanks, AK 99709
United States Telephone: 907388 8 429
E-mail: lucassw...@yahoo.com
Web Site:

Description
A lucas 827, fly me in, your place or mine,,,907-388-8429

No Tree too large for my Peterson Sawmill
Ad Number: 428 Date Posted: 02/16/2006
Contact: Old Dixie Wood Works
456208 Old Dixie Hwy
Hilliard, Florida 32046
USA Telephone: 904-742-4899
E-mail: geto...@direcway.com
Web Site:

Description
I can mill your trees for you and turn them into
dimensional lumber for a reasonable price, or, I will remove logs from your
proerty free of charge.

My Peterson Sawmill loves large hardwood trees, so no tree
is too large for it. If you have been turned down by a sawyer with a
bandmill because your tree is too large, Call me!

I serve the NE Florida/ SE Georgia region. This is my full
time job, it is not a part time occupation.

Call me on my cell phone @ 904-742-4899

DISCOUNT PRICING ON TREE REMOVALS N.E. OHIO
Ad Number: 427 Date Posted: 02/05/2006
Contact: "The Lumberjack"

Ravenna , Ohio
Telephone: 330-297-5606
E-mail: thelum...@peoplepc.com
Web Site:

Description
"The Lumberjack" Complete Tree Service will give free
estimates on residential tree removals.
E-mail for info

DISCOUNT PRICING ON TREE REMOVALS N.E. OHIO
Ad Number: 426 Date Posted: 02/05/2006
Contact: "The Lumberjack"

Ravenna , Ohio
Telephone:
E-mail: thelum...@peoplepc.com
Web Site:

Description
"The Lumberjack" Complete Tree Service will give free
estimates on residential tree removals.
E-mail for info

Need removal of large ash tree in quarantined zone
Ad Number: 424 Date Posted: 01/26/2006
Contact: Iain Avers
9255 Maynard Rd
Pearl Beach, Mi. 48001
USA Telephone: (810) 794-9461
E-mail: loan...@i-is.com
Web Site:

Description
I have a large ash tree (3' dia x 60-70' tall) that I
would like to have removed and milled into useable lumber. This tree has
succumbed to the dreaded emerald ash borer - very sad. I will not need all
of the lumber from this tree, so if you are interested in trading labor for
lumber please contact me. This tree is near house and garage so experience
and insurance is necessary. Thank you.

"Have Sawmill, Will Travel"
Ad Number: 422 Date Posted: 01/23/2006
Contact: Charles Minter
2198 Newark Rd, New London Twp
West Grove, Pa 19390
USA Telephone: 610-869-9292
E-mail: cmun...@closecall.com
Web Site:

Description
TimberKing B-20 diesel/hydraulic portable mill.
Logs milled to your specs at your site or mine.
Resawing welcome. No job too small or too large.
Service areas are: Southeastern Pa, Maryland, Delaware,
Southern New Jersey.

Cell #302-981-0595

CUSTOM SAWING
Ad Number: 415 Date Posted: 12/31/2005
Contact: Phil Gould
P.O. Box 4687
Eagle, Colorado 81631
U.S.A. Telephone: 970 376 0991
E-mail: hc...@mac.com
Web Site:

Description
Custom sawn pine, spruce and fir, localy harvisted beatle
kill and fire mitigation trees,sawn into interior/exterior trim and T.P.I
graded timbers.Hand planed, broad axed and adzed finnished.

14 Pine, 4 Hardwood, etc.
Ad Number: 392 Date Posted: 12/14/2005
Contact: Ramesh Gehi
1871 Whispering Willow Way
Lilburn, GA 30047
USA Telephone:
E-mail: rsg...@gmail.com
Web Site:

Description
I have about 14 very tall about 80-100 feet tall Pine
Trees and 4 big Hardwood Trees and one Apple Tree, One Big Bradford Tree and
some small trees for removal in Gwinnett County, GA. Must be Licensed and
Insured. Easy access.

portable band sawmill for buy in philadelphia
Ad Number: 385 Date Posted: 12/02/2005
Contact: sachiko takanashi
635 n 12th st
philadelphia, pa 19123
usa Telephone: 2152369037
E-mail: chance...@yahoo.co.jp
Web Site:

Description
l am looking for portable band sawmill.
hp is at least 8.
if you are using or saling please contact with me. thank
you

Portable Band Sawmill For Hire
Ad Number: 377 Date Posted: 11/22/2005
Contact: russ brooks
647 highway 41
Napanee, ontario K7R 3L1
canada Telephone: 613-354-4619
E-mail: brookwoods...@msn.com
Web Site:

Description
Just purchased mill. Will handle 20" dia. and 16 feet
long. Looking for local logs to mill. Farmers,hobbiests, or will clear cut
your residential lot. E-mail back if you are intrested.
Beleive in the bartar system also. give us a try

several large oaks, you cut and remove, free
Ad Number: 372 Date Posted: 11/17/2005
Contact: Steve Aungst Jr
14 fayson lakes rd
kinnelon, nj 07405
us Telephone: 973 764 2765
E-mail: steve_and_k...@yahoo.com
Web Site:

Description
We have several large oak trees we would like removed,
several reach over the house, so experience and insurance is a must. You cut
and remove, we will deal with the stumps. Kinnelon, NJ

Portable Sawmill & Tree Removal
Ad Number: 368 Date Posted: 11/11/2005
Contact: Skip
box 139
Valley Grove, WV 26060
US Telephone: 304-280-3602
E-mail: sn...@att.net
Web Site:

Description
Custom sawing at your site or mine. Limited tree and log
removal. Northern panhandle WV

cedar
Ad Number: 366 Date Posted: 11/08/2005
Contact: jim
Telephone:
E-mail: jvt...@sbcglobal.net
Web Site:

Description
I need a large amount of cedar for fencing about 9,000
board feet

Need Sawyer for Old Timbers
Ad Number: 352 Date Posted: 10/18/2005
Contact: Jeff Keller
2112 Lima Sandusky Rd
Sandusky, OH 44870
USA Telephone: 419-684-9135
E-mail: cin1...@aol.com
Web Site:

Description
Have several old timbers from a house (approx 100 years
old). Did not get entire package. Would like to get timbers sawn for
flooring. Prefer someone with a portable mill. North Central Ohio. Please
call. THANKS!

BLACK WALNUT TREE LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Ad Number: 351 Date Posted: 10/10/2005
Contact: Keith
Telephone:
E-mail: KDA...@AOL.COM
Web Site:

Description
I NEED A 45-55 FOOT WALNUT TREE REMOVED IN BACK YARD. IF
YOUR INTRESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME

Sale of SAWMILL(Ltd.)
Ad Number: 336 Date Posted: 09/29/2005
Contact: Mairita
Telephone:
E-mail: saw...@inbox.lv
Web Site: http://foto.inbox.lv/saw2/saw

Description
SALE of developing and modern SAWMILL in Latvia(EU).Kiln
Dry, machinery,vechiles, premises,land under sawmill of 45ha included in the
price of 1,800,000 EUR.Owner assistence after sales process.See photos via
http://foto.inbox.lv/saw2/saw saw...@inbox.lv cell + 371 940 6209

Portable Sawmilling Service
Ad Number: 331 Date Posted: 09/20/2005
Contact: Drew B. Leviton
1202 Goodwin Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30324
USA Telephone: 404-237-9184
E-mail: bobtail...@bellsouth.net
Web Site: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-bobtailcritter

Description
Specializing in but not limited to the salvage and
reclamation sawing of residential and (sub)urban trees felled by storms,
disease and construction for the production of all types of custom sawn wood
products. Serving all of North Georgia and nearby areas in other states.
Please explore my website!

Sawmill Looking for Investor in Latvia (Eastern Eu
Ad Number: 328 Date Posted: 09/12/2005
Contact: Marita
East-Europe,Latvia,Valka district
Latvia, Valka district 4729
Latvia Telephone: + 3719 406209
E-mail: m.v...@e-apollo.lv
Web Site: http://foto.inbox.lv/saw2/saw

Description
Developing and modern sawmill looking for investor in
Latvia (Eastern Europe).Idial location, support from EU, customer data base,
Western business style. Kiln Dry, machinery,vechiles, premises,land under
sawmill of 45 ha included in the price of 1 800 000 EUR.Owners assistence
after sales process.See photos via http://foto.inbox.lv/saw2/saw
m.v...@e-apollo.lv cell + 3719 406209

Free Tree Removal/Custom Sawing
Ad Number: 293 Date Posted: 09/10/2005
Contact: Dave Samuelson
PO Box 1114
Paulden, AZ 86334
USA Telephone: 928 445 4986
E-mail: supe...@treecyclers.com
Web Site: www.treecyclers.com

Description
Free Tree Removal, Custom sawing services, custom sawn
lumber.
Emergency tree removal within 150 miles.
Call for details on free tree removal!
7AM-7PM Arizona Time, 7 days a week.

Sawmilling and Low Cost Tree Removal
Ad Number: 268 Date Posted: 09/05/2005
Contact: Chuck

Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Telephone:
E-mail: chuckth...@yahoo.com
Web Site:

Description
I have a bandsaw mill and am willing to saw for $$$ or a
share of the wood. I will also share in the cost of tree removal for the
wood.

I can get in just about anywhere.

I also have a chainsaw mill for oversize trees and small
yards.

WANTED 6x6 posts
Ad Number: 222 Date Posted: 08/12/2005
Contact: Matt Gelso

FLAT ROCK, MI
Telephone:
E-mail: mge...@ford.com
Web Site:

Description
Wanted, Ash or Oak Trees to MIll 6x6-14' posts

Peterson Portable Sawmills
Ad Number: 205 Date Posted: 08/02/2005
Contact: PETERSON SAWMILLS
Telephone:
E-mail: cham...@petersonsawmills.com
Web Site: www.petersonsawmills.com

Description
Supplying quality portable sawmills since 1989. Need to
upgrade or add circular mill to compliment your exisiting band mill? Contact
us for our latest information or visit our website to request a free video.
Peterson Sawmills are extremely portable fitting onto the
back of most pick-ups or trailers. This makes them ideal for Urban
Harvesting or setting up a portable milling business.
We look forward to working with you.

Custom lumber/Tree Removal
Ad Number: 203 Date Posted: 07/31/2005
Contact: Jeff Dawley
25754 Jeans Rd.
Veneta, Or. 97487-9642
Telephone: 541-935-2422
E-mail: blacksheepconstruction@earthlink.n
Web Site:

Description
Have a tree thats in the way? Or just one you would like
to be rid of? Call or e-mail and maybe I can help you out. Will mill lumber
for a board foot price or on shares.

Large Straight Cedar
Ad Number: 198 Date Posted: 07/27/2005
Contact: Katherine Quillin

,
Telephone: 2095187583
E-mail: katherin...@hotmail.com
Web Site:

Description
I have a large cedar tree that has been split and grown in
two straight up and very tall trees. They are free for the taking. Please
contact me via phone or email if interested.

Urban Lumber Recycler, Tree Removal, Portable Mill
Ad Number: 172 Date Posted: 07/08/2005
Contact: William Cassidy
Telephone:
E-mail: wcas...@mac.com
Web Site: http://www.elixirs.net/Arcadia_Works/

Description
I remove unwanted trees and/or lumber from your site for
FREE
(in exchange for the wood, naturally). I have been known
demolish buildings and barns at no cost whatsover
(assuming
the quantity and quality of wood is sufficient
recompense).
Concentrating on the Southern California area, but have
mill and
will travel.

Milled to Your Specs in NY
Ad Number: 170 Date Posted: 07/05/2005
Contact: Peter Morning
Telephone:
E-mail: morning...@juno.com
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/morning_wood_lumber

Description
I mill and sell NY hardwoods and pine to your dimentions.
Generally $2.00 bf - email me with requests. Payment and delivery or pick
ups are arranged on an individual basis.

Russian birch for sale
Ad Number: 163 Date Posted: 07/01/2005
Contact: Saitgazin Galiy
995 Lynde dr
fridley, mn 55432
USA Telephone: 763-571-2321
E-mail: inter...@yahoo.com
Web Site: N/A

Description
Russian birch for sale, limited time offer $2.2 per b/f if
you buy all amount.
Birch is quarter sawn, kiln dried, ruff both sides.
Thicknesses- 1inch, Length- from 7-10ft.
It's packed in bands, 1 band- from 547bf - 600 bf.
Our location is North Minneapolis.
We are sale from 1000 bf.
Questions call us (763-571-2321) or email-
inter...@yahoo.com
Thank you for you time

Portable Sawmilling / Log Removal - Southern MA
Ad Number: 133 Date Posted: 05/09/2005
Contact: Craig Blake
43 Barrows St
Norton, MA 02766
USA Telephone: 508 285 5475
E-mail: timb...@aol.com
Web Site: www.majestystables.com

Description
We are a full service Sawmill and Treecycler with log
handling capabilities.
Large logs a specialty !!

Portable saw milling/tree hauling
Ad Number: 126 Date Posted: 04/29/2005
Contact: Glen Lichteberg
6080 Munger Rd.
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
USA Telephone: 734 528 1520
E-mail: glic...@ford.com
Web Site:

Description
I offer two services. First, I will mill your trees to
specification for profit. I can mill upto 36 inches in diameter and 21 feet
long (Woodmizer LT40HD). Second, I will haul unwanted trees (mill worthy
only) away at no cost. I do not fell trees (unless they are clearly chop and
drop). Limited service area of South East Michigan

Timber and various wood products
Ad Number: 109 Date Posted: 04/14/2005
Contact: Karl
Telephone:
E-mail: ka...@glbalwood.org
Web Site: www.globalwood.org

Description
Dear Sirs,
If you are looking for sawmills or wood products worldwide
, please come here:

www.globalwood.org

Thanks for your time !

Portable Sawmill for Hire - Western PA
Ad Number: 104 Date Posted: 04/01/2005
Contact: Eric Steadle
1300 Graham Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
USA Telephone: 412 580 4423
E-mail: hut.5.e...@spamgourmet.com
Web Site:

Description
Available for hire, Sawyer with Portable Sawmill in the
Southwestern, PA region, Pittsburgh, Greensburg, Washington, Cranberry,
Butler, Monroeville, Latrobe, and surrounding areas.

Urban tree recycling (treecycling), as well as
traditionally harvested / logged trees. Turn your trees into your lumber.
Storm damaged, or injured trees are still valuable, and can yield much
valuable lumber. Lot's cleared from new construction or reconstruction often
have hundreds of board feet of valuable lumber. If you have trees that are
just going to be cut up for firewood, call us first!

Hourly rates, by board footage, or sawing on shares.

Custom Sawing by Highland Wood Products
Ad Number: 88 Date Posted: 03/10/2005
Contact: Eric Smith
690 Dover RD
Dexter, Maine 04930
USA Telephone: 207-924-6271
E-mail: em...@midmaine.com
Web Site:

Description
Portable Band Saw mill. Will saw your logs at your place
or mine. We also offer custom planing and sanding.

Other services available.

Portable Sawmill for Hire
Ad Number: 78 Date Posted: 02/15/2005
Contact: Chuck Lobaito
Telephone:
E-mail: chuckth...@yahoo.com
Web Site:

Description
I have a chainsaw mill. I will mill for either $$ or
splitting the wood. No job to small.

Custom sawmilling
Ad Number: 72 Date Posted: 02/01/2005
Contact: Russell Wilkins
9602 NE 3rd. Ave.
Runnells, Ia. 50237
USA Telephone: 515-967-2002
E-mail: russe...@msn.com
Web Site:

Description
I do custom milling in a 50 mile radius from my place.
Your place or mine, up to 48" diameter. Small jobs are not a problem.

Got Trees? Want them gone?
Ad Number: 67 Date Posted: 01/08/2005
Contact: Dave Samuelson
Telephone:
E-mail: superd...@yahoo.com
Web Site: www.copperstatecrafts.com

Description
I am a portable miller specializing in custom
specification lumber, mantles, and furniture.
I will mill trees that are already felled, or that have
fallen, to your specifications, or can haul them away if you prefer.
Contact me for more information!

PORTABLE SAWMILL
Ad Number: 66 Date Posted: 01/04/2005
Contact: Jason Clark

Anson, Maine 04911
USA Telephone:
E-mail: mj...@direcway.com
Web Site:

Description
Portable, custom sawing services, in the central/western
Maine area.

Walnut Trees removed From Our Yard
Ad Number: 38 Date Posted: 08/25/2004
Contact: Lois Baltzley
Telephone:
E-mail: loisba...@hotmail.com
Web Site:

Description
We have approx. 10+ Black Walnut Trees the at we need
removed from our yard. All trees are a good size.

Portable band mill
Ad Number: 37 Date Posted: 08/19/2004
Contact: David Boyt
20632 Parrot Rd
Neosho, MO 64850
U.S.A. Telephone: 417-455-2698
E-mail: db...@joplin.com
Web Site:

Description
Portable band mill, can cut 25" dia: used with chain saw
mill can handle up to 44" dia. Can cut at your location or mine. All
species. Southwest MO, Northwest AR, Southeast KS, Northeast OK.

Mill and Kiln for hire
Ad Number: 32 Date Posted: 07/01/2004
Contact: Robert Taylor

Gibsonburg, Ohio
Telephone: 419-637-3443
E-mail: ctayl...@woh.rr.com
Web Site:

Description
We are a small shop specializing in native hardwoods. We
custom cut and dry we will travel up to 200 miles. Payment is always
negotiatable and cutting can be FREE call for details.

Custom sawmill and lumber
Ad Number: 29 Date Posted: 06/20/2004
Contact: Hickory&Oak Sawmill
90931 52 st
Decatur, MI 49045
us Telephone: 269-423-8178
E-mail: hicko...@hotmail.com
Web Site:

Description
Custom sawmilling at your property or at the mill yard.
Hardwood lumber for sale and kiln drying service available.

RusticMill - Lumber & SawMill Services
Ad Number: 27 Date Posted: 05/29/2004
Contact: Steve Grow
9973 Claudia St
Boise, Idaho 83714
U.S.A. Telephone: (208) 283-6658
E-mail: st...@rusticmill.com
Web Site: www.rusticmill.com

Description
Will cut trees into lumber for reasonable fees. We travel
up to 600 miles from Boise, Idaho. Free tree removal on some hardwood trees,
we keep the lumber you keep the firewood. All jobs open for negotiation of
cost. Big jobs prefered. We use a Dependable Wood-Mizer Mill Call at
208-283-6658 oe email at (st...@rusticmill.com).

The Wood Works
Ad Number: 23 Date Posted: 04/13/2004
Contact: Robert Randles

Sloughhouse, CA
USA Telephone: 916 396-4521
E-mail: rran...@jps.net
Web Site:

Description
Custom lumber milling in the Sacramento area.

The Mobile Sawyer
Ad Number: 20 Date Posted: 03/05/2004
Contact: Jeff Moffatt
906 Rideau River Road
Merrickville, Ontario K0G 1N0
Canada Telephone: 613-269-3900
E-mail: je...@mobilesawyer.com
Web Site: www.mobilesawyer.com

Description
We can mill large logs on site. Our mill can be carried
through fence or door ways as small as 42" and set up around logs as large
as 65" in diameter. Thus wonderful old growth tree that sadly have to be
removed can be utilized for for lumber instead of firewood or landfill. In
highly developed yards we can tarp ground areas and catch all waste and
remove with the lumber. This service is available to those who wish us to
mill the log and they retain the lumber or we can remove the lumber for
resale. Call or email to discuss your tree removal.

TC Woods - Boulder, CO
Ad Number: 17 Date Posted: 02/10/2004
Contact: dan odell
9776 Arapahoe
Lafayette, co 80026
us Telephone: 303 666-8989
E-mail: dgo...@indra.com
Web Site: www.tcwoods.com

Description
TC Woods, LLC is an urban hardwood sawmill & lumberyard.
Since 1996 we have been saving logs from the 'greenwaste' stream, making
boards for local woodworkers, & creating furniture that retains the spirit
of the tree. We have almost 20,000 Bf of lumber in stock in over 20, obvious
& unusual species. Please visit our WEb-site, or call for further
information.

Mobil Bandsaw Mill
Ad Number: 15 Date Posted: 01/11/2004
Contact: Chris Johnson
2339 Unity St
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97603
USA Telephone: 541 850 0456
E-mail: yve...@woodfirst.com
Web Site:

Description
MOBILE BANDSAW MILL WILL TRAVEL
CUSTOM CUTTING LOGS TO LUMBER
FRAMING WOOD TO FURNITURE GRADE LUMBER
Cell: 541 892 0323 & Vm/Pgr. 800 971 9557

Edwards Custom Sawmilling and Lumber
Ad Number: 10 Date Posted: 11/06/2003
Contact: Kyle Edwards
107 Huntersridge Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
US Telephone: 704-875-8901
E-mail: kedw...@sawmillnc.com
Web Site: http://www.sawmillnc.com

Description
I am a full process recycler of trees. I can mill, dry and
plane all types of lumber including trees up to 5 feet in diamter. My kiln
capacity is 2854BF.

Midtown Hardwoods
Ad Number: 4 Date Posted: 09/01/2003
Contact: Scott Banbury
1051 Stonewall Street
Memphis, TN 38107
USA Telephone: 901-726-1473
E-mail: sban...@midsouth.rr.com
Web Site: www.scottbanbury.com

Description
We recover wood from urban trees in the Memphis area for
our own use and resale. We also offer onsite and in house custom sawing
services.

Ed's Portable Sawmill Service
Ad Number: 3 Date Posted: 08/21/2003
Contact: Ed Waddell
Telephone:
E-mail: ewadd...@comcast.net
Web Site: Comcast.net

Description
Will cut trees into lumber for reasonable fees. Or,
possible little or no charge if I keep the lumber I cut. Can go in with
customer for part of lumber or firewood, etc and negotiate any fees. I
prefer small jobs (a few trees or less). Call at 501-551-0864 and if I don't
answer leave a message please or email me at my email address
(ewadd...@comcast.net).

Thanks.........Ed.

Custom Sawing
Ad Number: 2 Date Posted: 08/20/2003
Contact: Mark Mathys
1420 East Divide Ave
Bismarck, ND 58501
USA Telephone: 701-250-1626
E-mail: mma...@westriv.com
Web Site:

Description
Will do custom sawing in and around Bismarck, ND. No job
too small.

Search Ads Post Ads Edit Ads Admin Help About

Content copyright © 2003 Harvesting Urban Timber. All rights
reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the
Webmaster.
Powered by e-Classifieds.net. Copyright © 1995-2003 Hagen
Software Inc. All rights reserved. Powered by e-Classifieds

Odinn

Apr 11, 2006, 10:58:12 PM4/11/06
On 4/11/2006 4:06 PM tdstr mumbled something about the following:

Pay me $1000, and I'll take it off your hands. Most sawyers won't touch
a yard tree due to possible nails and gawd-only-knows-else stuck in there.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 bq...@ngynagnovxre.arg to reply

the notorious t-e-d

Apr 11, 2006, 11:42:40 PM4/11/06

the notorious t-e-d

Apr 11, 2006, 11:46:16 PM4/11/06
Gooey TARBALLS wrote:
> Ad Number: 433 Date Posted: 04/05/2006
> Contact: Joanne Vicaretti
> 243 Shinhollow Rd
> port jervis, NY 12771
> USA Telephone: 914-850-5095
> E-mail: Jvica...@yahoo.com
> Web Site:
>

> Description
> Hi,
> We have many large oak and hickory trees that we will be
> downing and I would like to have them cut into lumber. Is there anyone
> willing to come to this area with a protable sawmill?
>

> "tdstr" <td...@foadspammer.com> wrote in message
>
>>Greetings!
>>
>>I'm not certain that if this group but I figure it is worth a shot. I
>>have a 50' black walnut tree in my backyard that I'd like to get rid of.
>>Now people tell me I would be able to *sell* the tree for some serious
>>coin as black walnut is considered a exotic wood. I've never heard of
>>selling a whole tree before but I have heard the story from at least 20+
>>different people telling me otherwise.
>>
>>Any form of truth to selling a whole black walnut tree or am just wanting
>>to believe a pipe dream.

Sorry for snipping so much righteous info but I wanted to be nice to the
non-broadband users :)

Just for giggles I went out back and measured the general roundness. 12'
around the main and 5' around each of the 5 or 6 trunks. Much bigger
than I thought. There is some rot going through the main on to one of
the smaller trunks that the squirrels goes nuts over but as near I can
tell thats about it. However the squirrels decided to call my current
crappy single car garage home. If they didn't crap all over it I
wouldn't mind it so much.

There is some added bonus for me to get rid of this beast...Gots to have
that 2 1/2 car garage, and of course, a complimentary putting green. I
won't be missing those 30+ bags of leaves every fall either.

Ralph E Lindberg

Apr 12, 2006, 8:47:09 AM4/12/06
In article <vjW_f.5812$i41....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"John Grossbohlin" <nos...@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote:

Or one of mine that crushed the other neighbors 2 car garage

Hire a pro

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Ralph E Lindberg

Apr 12, 2006, 8:54:00 AM4/12/06

> Greetings!

> Any form of truth to selling a whole black walnut tree or am just
> wanting to believe a pipe dream.

Hard telling without seeing the trees. You've has some solid input, and
some, well, moronic

How about some real world?

If you are lucky, and the wood looks good, you will make money, not a
lot, but a little. I broke even, one neighbor did also, a third made a
bit. Of course we all kept some of the lumber. The one that made money
had a use for the saw-dust, so that helped. The neighbor that broke even
had a firm cut all their trees, and take the ones that were salable and
sell them. The neighbor that made a little had a firm come cut their
trees, then had a mini-mill come in and cut them to boards and sold
them. More work, but they made a bit (or claimed they did)

One other thing to consider is that while the lumber people might in
only interested in the long straight stuff. Turners might be interested
in the crotches and stump (figured walnut does sell, and for some
serious money sometimes)

wodenob

Apr 12, 2006, 3:42:41 PM4/12/06
Love the quote,,,,,My kind of american .....