Cornhole/Corn Toss Dimensions/Plans

Brian Schonecker

Jul 6, 2002, 10:08:23 AM7/6/02
With as popular as the cornhole/corn toss game is you'd think there
would be some plans on the 'net.

...been looking for about one hour....even the 'free woodworking
plans' web site.

Guess what I'm looking for?

Brian

Bob Drzyzgula

Jul 6, 2002, 10:54:36 AM7/6/02
"Brian Schonecker" <bsch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Guess what I'm looking for?

Well, if you're using "cornhole" as a search term, I have a decent guess
what you're looking *at*. :-\

--Bob

Howard

Jul 6, 2002, 12:53:49 PM7/6/02
"Brian Schonecker" wrote ...

I don't usually take troll bait, but his one had me rolling on the floor in
pain for quite some time...

The dimensions for a cornhole are fairly individual. I would guess that
finding people to bend over and stand still while you try and throw corn up
their ass would be fairly difficult. Your seach results must have been
interesting.

LOL - I just couldn't resist.

heers,
Howard

Working wood in New Jersey - how...@NOSPAMinthewoodshop.org
Visit me in the woodshop - www.inthewoodshop.org

Swingman

Jul 6, 2002, 1:34:20 PM7/6/02
Likewise, especially since it and the 'drilling a deep hole' post were side
X side in my reader ... thought for a minute there I'd stumbled into the
wrong newsgroup.

--
http://www.wood-workers.com/users/swingman/
Last update: 5/20/02

Benoit E.

Jul 6, 2002, 7:13:07 PM7/6/02
łBackyard Corn Toss˛ is a commercial name for a variation of the old
bean bag toss game.

See:
http://rjh_45238.tripod.com/backyardcorntoss/

The original game could be played with corn cobs instead of bean bags.

Another commercial version is called łThe Bean Hole Game˛.

Perhaps that name is the source of the term łcornhole game˛. As the
12-year olds in the group were quick to remind us, that is not a term
likely to be used in North America for an activity at the church picnic.

Speaking of church, I understand that when the Pope summoned all the
American bishops to Rome to talk to them about the child abuse scandals,
he organized a training session for them under the diretion of Italy's
most well known soccer coach. Apparently, the idea was to show them that
its possible to have a lot of fun without using your hands....

--
Regards,

Benoit Evans

CW

Jul 6, 2002, 8:02:58 PM7/6/02
Popular? I've never heard of it.

jsdeboo

Jul 6, 2002, 10:55:40 PM7/6/02
Brian Schonecker wrote:

I'm visualizing a 'game' of cornhole, don't think I want to
play.................

--
John S. DeBoo
jsd...@abq.com

Brian Schonecker

Jul 7, 2002, 8:42:21 PM7/7/02
Troll bait? Methinks not -- you guys are ruthless! :)

After reading my original post, I guess I _should_ have been a little
more specific. (was looking for _plans_)

Anyhoo....for those that might be interested:

24" x 48" box with a 6" diameter hole cut 12" down from top and 12"
from side. Affix 'legs' so that the box tilts up 15 degrees from
horizontal.'

Bean bags are 6" squares with 1-1/2 cups of dried corn (get at local
feed store). Four bean bags per team. Use 1/2" ply for top and 2x4's
for box sides.

See http://rjh_45238.tripod.com/backyardcorntoss/id8.html for rules.

It's highly addictive!