OT: Wood Butcher maybe this was the Texan you referred to.

TwoGuns

Oct 27, 2006, 7:03:05 PM10/27/06
A couple weeks ago our local NU Cornhuskers played the University of
Texas Longhorns here in Lincoln, Nebraska. During half time one of my
friends ( Brian ) had reached his capacity of liquid refreshments.
Brian is six feet four and weighs 280 plus with none of it fat. In the
Men's room Brian walked up to the urinal and started doing his
business. About the time he was finishing up a guy about 5 foot 2
inches high in Snake Skin cowboy boots, a $2,000 Western style suit a
fifteen gallon Stetson and a huge cigar in his mouth stands next to
Brian at the urinal. The Texan looks over at Brian's equipment as he is
pulling out what appears to be a five pound hunk of rolled Bologna out
of his pants.

In a South Texas drawl he says "Is that the best Nebraska can do?" to
Brian.
Brian just zips up and as he is washing his hands he tells the sawed
off shrimp "We grow Men in Nebraska, not pricks".

Oh BTW I should add the Texan was not Kinky Friedman.

Robert Allison

Oct 28, 2006, 2:40:30 PM10/28/06
TwoGuns wrote:

Still sore about losing that game, huh?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Leon

Oct 28, 2006, 5:05:14 PM10/28/06

"TwoGuns" <R-D-L...@neb.rr.com> wrote in message

That was a Texas "First Grader" wearing that Stetson.

George

Oct 28, 2006, 5:56:30 PM10/28/06

"Leon" <removespa...@swbell.net> wrote in message

Sounds like the call to the casket manufacturer from a frantic mortuary
regarding a six-six client who wanted to be buried in his four-inch heeled
boots and Stetson.

"Texan, obviously?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Give him an enema and you can bury him in a matchbox...."

Leon

Oct 29, 2006, 10:08:01 AM10/29/06

"George" <geo...@home.net> wrote in message

> "Texan, obviously?"
>
> "Yes, how did you know?"
>
> "Give him an enema and you can bury him in a matchbox...."

LOL.

TwoGuns

Oct 29, 2006, 9:51:37 PM10/29/06

> Still sore about losing that game, huh?
>
> --
> Robert Allison
> Rimshot, Inc.
> Georgetown, TX

Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert. I always root for
the best team in the Big 12 to win the national title and I hope Texas
can do it again.
Go Texas,
Dennis

Lew Hodgett

Oct 29, 2006, 10:14:56 PM10/29/06
TwoGuns wrote:

> Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert.

GO BUCKS!!!

Lew

Lew Hodgett

Oct 29, 2006, 10:19:17 PM10/29/06
TwoGuns wrote:

> Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert.

Actually, when it comes to the OSU, the only game that REALLY counts
is still a few weeks away.

The one against Michigan.

The rest of the season is just a giant scrimmage for the Michigan game.

Lew

Swingman

Oct 30, 2006, 7:22:39 AM10/30/06

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Damn, I hate professional sports!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Lew Hodgett

Oct 30, 2006, 2:43:04 PM10/30/06
Swingman wrote:

> Damn, I hate professional sports!

If you are going to do it, do it right.

That stadium in Ann Arbor seats 100,000.

During football season, you can take your life in your hands going
into a bar in NorthWestern Ohio.

Both Michigan and OSU recruit there.

First things first, you have to find out if it's a Michigan or an OSU bar.

Actually, Toledo, OH is closer to Ann Arbor, MI than it is to
Columbus, OH, so it is a natural for Michigan recruiters.

Once saw a bumper sticker in Columbus that read:

Directions to Ann Arbor, North till you smell it, West till you step
in it.

It is a great rivalry.

Lew

TwoGuns

Oct 30, 2006, 7:28:33 PM10/30/06

In my earlier post I was referring to OSU as in the Cowboys at Oklahoma
State University. A member of the fantastic BIG 12 that managed to kick
my Cornhuskers butts with a come from behind win in the last quarter.

I love College football but wouldn't pay a dime to see a Pro game.

Dennis

Lew Hodgett

Oct 30, 2006, 7:49:56 PM10/30/06
TwoGuns wrote:
> In my earlier post I was referring to OSU as in the Cowboys at Oklahoma
> State University.
<snip>

Sorry about that, guess there is more than one (1) OSU. <grin>

As Hoyt Axton, an Okie himself, used to say, "Oklahoma, cultural
center of the universe".

Lew

nailsh...@aol.com

Oct 30, 2006, 7:50:00 PM10/30/06

What in the world do you think college games are? Pickup games?

Just think of all the new cars, gifts, loans, etc., and scholarships
that are showered on the athletes because of their prowess by the
alumni and their organizations. Do you think they have to have
corporate headquarters to help students get an easy ride in college?

And thinking of corporate headquarters, many companies will approach
and sign college athletes to contracts, but will not activate the
contract until they are through college (graduation notwithstanding).
They are then able to go to a friendly bank and borrow against those
contracts. Perfectly legal, and completely fine with me. I couldn't
care less. But the idea that you are seeing a game between the
untainted innocents (not innocence, although....) of college youth is a
joke.

Robert

Swingman

Oct 31, 2006, 7:59:39 AM10/31/06
<nailsh...@aol.com> wrote in message

> What in the world do you think college games are? Pickup games?

<snip>

> care less. But the idea that you are seeing a game between the
> untainted innocents (not innocence, although....) of college youth is a
> joke.

Nailed it!

Sports, the juvenile antics that go with them, and the attendant corporate
bullshit from little league to the drugged leagues, bore the crap outta me
... and WTF is baseball being played at the end of October for,
fercrissakes?