Porter Cable Router Power Switch

rjb

Oct 28, 2002, 9:14:51 PM10/28/02
Hi All,

I have a Porter Cable 7529 Plunge Router. I am trying to use it in a router
table but I cannot lock the power switch on. Has anyone else had this
problem and resolved it?

Thanks,
Rick

Allyn Vaughn

Oct 28, 2002, 10:05:36 PM10/28/02
The trick is to hold down the thumb button and the sliding lever switch and
release the thumb button before the sliding lever switch (or is it the other
way around... my router is downstairs and I a little lazy now.. sorry!).
Anyway, I had a real problem for a while until I happened on this procedure
and now it works every time.

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll make my way downstairs!

"rjb" <1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Seer

Oct 29, 2002, 1:54:29 PM10/29/02
Here's how I do it:

Get a foot switch and plug the router into it. Pull the trigger on the router
all the way back and press the lock button with your thumb and hold. Release the
switch. The router is now locked in the ON position so when you step on the foot
switch, it starts. I have found this to be the safest way and very convent.

SER

John

Nov 5, 2002, 12:51:06 PM11/5/02
I have mine plugged into a power bar but the switch is not that
difficult once you get used to it. As the first reply noted, you press
both the trigger and the sliding thing at the side and let go of the
trigger first and it'll lock on.

John

John - change nospam to com to email

Routerman P. Warner

Nov 5, 2002, 10:40:05 PM11/5/02
New 8529, certainly no consolation for you, has a simple toggle, no
more trigger in the successor.
p...@patwarner.com (Routers)