Sawmill

David Wilhite

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Does anyone know of a sawmill in the Dallas area?

David

Plastic

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Try Richardson Lumber and Mfg. Co. and there are several others in the Tyler
area.

Dave Randolph

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
to 1dav...@airmail.net
David Wilhite wrote:

> Does anyone know of a sawmill in the Dallas area?
>
> David

Uh, David, look around. Do you see any _trees_ in the Dallas area?
Seriously, there are not enough trees of enough size here to support a
sawmill.

Having said that, contact the local woodworking club as some members
have contacts with some home mills. (I used to have a number around here
somewhere but I can't find it right now.)

Dave

John McGaw

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
David,

There is a really cheap sawmill not TOO far north of there in Oklahoma.
Sells kiln-dried lumber at very reasonable prices. A friend drove up from
DFW and brought a truckload of mixed wood home and he says the quality is
very good. If you want I can dig up the name and phone number -- email me
if you want it (but watch out for my mangled email address on this
message!).

John McGaw
Knoxville, TN

David Wilhite <1dav...@airmail.net> wrote in article
<AE1D843766290C82.9023AE07...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...

Larry Jaques

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
David Wilhite <1dav...@airmail.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a sawmill in the Dallas area?

Texas has TREES?!? I thought y'all were like us in
California: Limbless. (Well, 'cept for Hollywierd.
Shirley MacLaine found a limb to climb upon.)

The more we gripe, * http://diversify.com/ljaques/stees.html
the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Dave Randolph

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
to lja...@diversify.com
Larry Jaques wrote:

> David Wilhite <1dav...@airmail.net> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know of a sawmill in the Dallas area?
>
> Texas has TREES?!? I thought y'all were like us in
> California: Limbless.

Waall, shoot, pahtnr, Jest like you'll have a few redwood trees, Texas
has a few pine trees. Behind the "pine curtain" of East Texas, the
national forest service actually makes a profit off of the trees here.

However, Dallas area only has trees down in the river bottoms and creek
beds. The trees up on top get burned off in the grass fires and
droughts.

David Randolph