Comments about pre-recorded SVHS media

SERETNY%uh...@uhasun.hartford.edu

Apr 3, 1990, 7:51:37 AM4/3/90

> Are there any distributors of, or any references about distribution
> of prerecorded materials (Movies) in Super-VHS format?
>

> Yes, I would recommend:
>
> SuperSource Video
> P O Box 410777
> San Francisco, CA
> 94141
> 1/800/331-6304
> FAX: 415/558-9814

Unfortunately, their selection is limited. It's a sad shame, too.
I shall enumerate the titles & prices below:

Canyon Dreams (EXCELLENT Grand Canyon photography set to Tang. Dream) $34.95
Desert Vision (another in the Miramar Video Album series) $34.95
The Worlds Below (underwater Betacam footage, like the Miramar stuff) $39.95
Elton John $34.95
On Golden Pond (the Academy-award winner with the Fonda family) $44.95
Sophisticated Ladies $44.95
The Emerald Forest $44.95
Scanners (sleeper sci-fi/horror flick about people with psi-powers) $39.95
White Mischief $44.95
The Rolling Stones $39.95
Jazz in America $39.95
The Last Emperor $59.95
A Chorus Line $44.95
Blade Runner (THE seminal work of Cyberpunk w/Ridley Scott direction) $49.95
The Princess Bride (A very WARM and wonderful Fairy Tale) $44.95
Robocop (evidently the first SVHS release!) $59.95
The Nutcracker $49.95
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Letterboxed, Dolby Surround,D1 xfer)$39.95

They have some other things like accessories and the aforementioned
"The Perfect Picture" test tape, &c. I wish publishers would release more
titles in SVHS, but alas, it appears that we're stuck with VHS (or dubbing
laserdiscs onto SVHS tapes, for which SVHS seems very well suited!).

--Moofster--