Cape Breton Island

Sharon Jeroski

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Planning 5 days in Nova Scotia -- 2 days in Halifax; 3 in Cape Breton
Island. Looking for advice about places to visit and places to stay.
Thanks!

Douglas K. Gibbons

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
to Sharon Jeroski

Dave Smith

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99
Sharon Jeroski wrote:

> Planning 5 days in Nova Scotia -- 2 days in Halifax; 3 in Cape Breton
> Island. Looking for advice about places to visit and places to stay.
> Thanks!

Can you plan more time there? There is lots to see and do, but things
are a long way apart. We skipped right through Halifax and Dartmouth on
our tip out there a number of years ago. It was fogged in at the time. We
had spent the previous night near Lunnenburg. The Cabot Trail is a very
scenic drive, and is almost a must if visiting the cape. The old
Louisburg fortress-settlement is a terrific spot. You need at least a
full day to explore that fully. The Alexander Graham Bell museum in
Baddeck is well worth visiting.

If you are out that way, you should take some time to visit Fundy
National Park on th other side of the bay. It's a great place to watch
the tide come in and out. A 46 foot tide has to be seen to be believed.