Vancouver-Victoria

Euan Semple

Mar 19, 1995, 5:22:37 AM3/19/95
We will be visiting Vancouver within the next couple of weeks and I
wondered if anyone could tell me how regularily the ferry crosses to
Victoria, how long it takes and roughly how much it would cost.

Thanks in anticipation

Euan and Penny

Linda Perry

Mar 19, 1995, 1:39:40 PM3/19/95
The ferry runs from Tsawwassen, south of Vancouver, to Swartz Bay,
east of Victoria every two hours, on the odd hour. (7 9 11 etc)
until 9pm. There are a few extra sailings but at this time of
year, they are few and far between. The sailing time is 1 hour
and 35 minutes. The cost depends on time of week (weekends are
more expensive) but for car and driver it is about $27.00.
Additional passangers are about $7.00 each. It is a beautiful
crossing. The buffet meals in the dining room are fair to
midline. The cafeteria and snack bar are cheaper (and less tasty)
alternatives. For additional information you can call their 24
hour recorded message line at (604) 277-0277. To talk to someone
their general information line is open from 7am to 10pm PST and
that number is (604) 669-1211. Hope this helps
--
Linda Perry

Linda...@Mindlink.BC.CA
Langley, British Columbia
Canada

Randy Cosby

Mar 19, 1995, 12:10:32 PM3/19/95
Euan Semple (Eu...@blaven.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: We will be visiting Vancouver within the next couple of weeks and I

: Thanks in anticipation

: Euan and Penny

AT this time of year, the ferries go to Vancouver Island every two hours
during the week and every hour on weekends. It takes 1.5 hours to get
there. It costs roughly $25.00 CDN for a car and 1 passenger. Each
additional passenger costs approx. $5.00 CDN.

Enjoy Beautiful BC

Randy