Are Speedos socially acceptable in Cancun ??

Carlos Juarez

Jul 14, 2002, 12:20:30 AM7/14/02
Are Speedos socially acceptable in Cancun ?? I have been many beaches in
Europe, South America and Australia and in those places pretty much all men
wear Speedos. It seems to me that this is only an American thing.

In the beaches of Spain the only people that wore shorts were Americans.
This is my second time to Cancun (the first was 10 years ago). At that time
it seems to me that men wearing Speedos was very common in Cancun, but of
course, that has now changed.

To me wearing those knee-length shorts are just plain ugly. Have you tried
to swim in one of those? You just can't. How can you get a nice tan when 1/2
of your entire lower body is covered.

Any input on this matter?

Bert Hyman

Jul 14, 2002, 9:53:10 AM7/14/02
In news:i_6Y8.19909$A43.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net "Carlos
Juarez" <NOSPAMc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Are Speedos socially acceptable in Cancun ?? I

Acceptable to whom?

Last time I was in Cancun, I saw no roving squads checking on what style
swimsuits people were wearing.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@visi.com

Brian

Jul 14, 2002, 4:45:31 PM7/14/02
Bert Hyman wrote:

>In news:i_6Y8.19909$A43.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net "Carlos
>Juarez" <NOSPAMc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Are Speedos socially acceptable in Cancun ?? I
>>

>Acceptable to whom?
>
>Last time I was in Cancun, I saw no roving squads checking on what style
>swimsuits people were wearing.

No matter where you go you will always find narrow minded people. It's
ironic that often the same people objecting to a man in a brief swimsuit
or thong are the same people who don't object to women wearing dental
floss. Mostly in the USA this is a complete reversal to the 1890s thou
1918 when men wore form clinging black swimware and women wore "Gibson
Girl" suits with several layers of skirts as well as long sleeves and
stockings.

--
To Reply via E-mail, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Brian M. Kochera
---
----

Kenneth

Jul 15, 2002, 12:16:09 AM7/15/02
What exactly are you asking? You're going to wear your speedos regardless,
now aren't you? Are you looking for opinions or affirmation? Nobody gives a
damn what you do in Cancun and tanlines have absolutely nothing to do with
anything.
"Carlos Juarez" <NOSPAMc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Guess Who?

Jul 15, 2002, 12:30:12 AM7/15/02
Why don't you just wear a "thong", or at least, stuff the speedo up
in your "crack"? You might get a hot date, with a special someone,
wearing the same beach attire!
Don
P.S.
You'll get a better tan that way too!

Doug McDonald

Jul 16, 2002, 2:58:34 PM7/16/02

Carlos Juarez wrote:

> Are Speedos socially acceptable in Cancun ??

I have no idea ... but at points farther south, Chiapas
and Guatemala, not on ocean beaches but other swimming spots,
in touristy areas ... but mostly local tourists (i.e.
folks from Guatemala City going to a vacation spot on Lake
Atitlan, or Mexico City types doing the Maya thing in Chiapas)
there were lots of Speedos ... indeed, for men
that knew they looked good in them, virtually all the
locals wore them. The foreign men ... much less so.

Doug McDonald

vp...@webtv.net

Jul 17, 2002, 4:23:22 PM7/17/02
We have "some" people here in The United States that LOVE Speedos, they
are commonly known here as Homosexuals.

Richard

Jul 17, 2002, 6:09:48 PM7/17/02
<vp...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> We have "some" people here in The United States that LOVE Speedos, they
> are commonly known here as Homosexuals.

So all competitive swimmers are homosexuals?

Richard

Carlos Juarez

Jul 17, 2002, 9:07:24 PM7/17/02
As stated before, it's an American thing. Why is it that in the rest of the
world
they are perfectly acceptable? In fact everything is relative, since
Europeans cannot
imagine ever putting on regular shorts. They are regarded as ugly, and most
important,
as extremely uncomfortable for swimming.

vp...@webtv.net

Jul 19, 2002, 10:24:30 PM7/19/02
Speedos are OK for competitive swimmers but NEVER walking around on a
BEACH or walking around in a resort hotel.

Both American Man AND Especially women find Speedos on men to be totally
repulsive. It's Defiantly "Euro-Trash".

Richard

Jul 20, 2002, 5:20:33 PM7/20/02
<vp...@webtv.net> wrote in message

I know, I'm Canadian and that's the general opinion up here as well, but I
guess it never occurred to you that the rest of the world (a) outnumbers the
US+Canada by a lot and (b) they don't really care what you think, eh?

Oh, and by the way, it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.

Richard

Doug McDonald

Jul 24, 2002, 11:17:23 AM7/24/02

No, I think the word "defiant" is better in this case than
"definite".

Look them up in a dictionary.

Doug McDonald

othi...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 4:44:03 PM4/30/16
I just returned from 8 days in Cancun and saw a few speedos walking the beaches and at my resort. I am not a speedo wearer and don't plan on becoming one in the future. However, if someone wants to wear a speedo in Cancun I don't care.

I know women are put off by men in speedos, understood. Yet there are women on the beach wearing bikinis who really shouldn't be. Again, I don't care. Lets not think we are the ones who should police swimwear in Cancun.

People: WEAR WHAT YOU WANT. Speedo or bikini. It is your vacation, don't let narrow minded people make the decision for you.