I love Europe!

1 view

Tom P

May 29, 2010, 7:07:37 PM5/29/10

Congrats Lena ! - get the party spirit guys !
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZkpMAX8so

T.

Message has been deleted

Michael

May 30, 2010, 8:53:17 AM5/30/10
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
> Tom P <wero...@freent.dd> wrote in

>> Congrats Lena ! - get the party spirit guys !
>> - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZkpMAX8so
>
> The flashmob was the best bit, besides Lena of course. :)

Lena got the vote, although technically the Eurovision is a song cotnest
not a beauty or a charm parade.

The flashmob bits were indeed fun.

http://cannes-or-bust.com

Message has been deleted

Michael

May 30, 2010, 11:29:12 AM5/30/10
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
> Michael <nswr...@netscape.net> wrote
> in news:httn46$mk8$1...@news.datemas.de:

>> Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
>>> Tom P <wero...@freent.dd> wrote in

>>> The flashmob was the best bit, besides Lena of course. :)
>>>
>> Lena got the vote, although technically the Eurovision is a song cotnest
>> not a beauty or a charm parade.
>
> The song is excellent, and the uptempo version is even better than the
> original ballad. A good performer with a rubbish song is worthless, but
> that is not what we have here. Everything fits. I don't think she would
> have won with a meaningless song.

I don't share your enthusiasm (the juries apparently did, which is what
counts!), but we've seen far worse. Hope it does something for her career.

http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Martin

May 30, 2010, 11:55:19 AM5/30/10

We thought it was the worst winner for a long time.

Message has been deleted

Martin

May 30, 2010, 12:41:32 PM5/30/10
On 30/05/10 18:09, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
> Martin <mar...@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>
>> We thought it was the worst winner for a long time.
>
> I'm surprised. You think Lordi was better?

I thought both were rubbish.

aquachimp

May 30, 2010, 12:58:50 PM5/30/10
On May 30, 6:09 pm, Wolfgang Schwanke <s...@sig.nature> wrote:
> Martin <mar...@invalid.invalid> wrote innews:htu1sb$6md$1...@news.eternal-september.org:

> > We thought it was the worst winner for a long time.
>
> I'm surprised. You think Lordi was better?

I thought Lordi was (were?) great.
lena, lana, lini or whatever is like a poor man's incoherent, vacous
minded, empty-headed, trained monkey (except the "singing bit of the
training didn't workout ) Lilly Allen wannabe. I'd rather the real
thing.

> --
> Im Watt fängt die Nordsee erst an
>
> http://www.wschwanke.de/             http://www.fotos-aus-der-luft.de/
>                 usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de

Martin

May 30, 2010, 1:10:27 PM5/30/10
On 30/05/10 18:58, aquachimp wrote:
> On May 30, 6:09 pm, Wolfgang Schwanke <s...@sig.nature> wrote:
>> Martin <mar...@invalid.invalid> wrote innews:htu1sb$6md$1...@news.eternal-september.org:
>>
>>> We thought it was the worst winner for a long time.
>>
>> I'm surprised. You think Lordi was better?
>>

> I thought Lordi was (were?) great.
> lena, lana, lini or whatever is like a poor man's incoherent, vacous
> minded, empty-headed, trained monkey (except the "singing bit of the
> training didn't workout ) Lilly Allen wannabe. I'd rather the real
> thing.

Lena has no voice. The words are

> I went everywhere for you
> I even did my hair for you
> I bought new underwear that's blue
> And I wore it just the other day
> Love you know I'd fight for you
> I left on the porch light for you
> Whether you are sweet or cool
> I'm gonna love you either way...
>
> Love, Oh, Love
> I gotta tell you how I feel about you
> Cause I, Oh, I
> Can't go a minute without your love
> Like a satellite I'm in orbit all the way around you
> And I would fall out into the night
> Can't go a minute without your love
>
> Love I got it bad for you
> I saved the best I have for you
> You sometimes make me sad and blue
> Wouldn't have it any other way
> Love my aim is straight and true
> Cupid's arrow is just for you
> I even painted my toenails for you
> I did it just the other day...
>
> Love, Oh, Love
> I gotta tell you how I feel about you
> Cause I, Oh, I
> Can't go a minute without your love
> Like a satellite I'm in orbit all the way around you
> And I would fall out into the night
> Can't go a minute without your love
>
> Love oh love
> I gotta tell you how I feel about you
> Cause I, oh, I
> Can't go a minute without your love
>
> Where you go, I follow
> You set the pace we take it fast or slow
> I follow in your wake
> Oh oh oh
>
> You got me, you got me
> A force more powerful than gravy
> It's physics... there's no escape
>
> Love my aim is straight and true
> Cupid's arrow is just for you
> I even painted my toenails for you
> I did it just the other day
>
> Love, Oh, Love
> I gotta tell you how I feel about you
> Cause I, Oh, I
> Can't go a minute without your love
> Like a satellite I'm in orbit all the way around you
> And I would fall out into the night
> Can't go a minute without your love
>
> Love, Oh, Love
> I gotta tell you how I feel about you
> Cause I, Oh, I
> Can't go a minute without your love
>
> Love Love Love
> Love Love Love

Output from a song bot.

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)

May 30, 2010, 3:07:52 PM5/30/10
Wolfgang Schwanke <s...@sig.nature> wrote:

> Tom P <wero...@freent.dd> wrote in
>

> > Congrats Lena ! - get the party spirit guys !
> > - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZkpMAX8so
>

> The flashmob was the best bit, besides Lena of course. :)

I liked the flashmob and thought Lena was very average, but nice to see
the new voting system getting fairer results.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)

Tom P

May 30, 2010, 5:19:39 PM5/30/10
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
> Michael <nswr...@netscape.net> wrote
> in news:httn46$mk8$1...@news.datemas.de:
>
>> Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
>>> Tom P <wero...@freent.dd> wrote in

>>> The flashmob was the best bit, besides Lena of course. :)
>>>
>> Lena got the vote, although technically the Eurovision is a song cotnest
>> not a beauty or a charm parade.
>
> The song is excellent, and the uptempo version is even better than the
> original ballad. A good performer with a rubbish song is worthless, but
> that is not what we have here. Everything fits. I don't think she would
> have won with a meaningless song.

I thought Jennifer Braun and her song entry were better. And Jennifer
Braun is already touring professionally with the band Rewind.

T.

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 1:41:07 AM5/31/10
On Sun, 30 May 2010 15:03:42 +0200, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote in post :
<news:ea4ad7-...@wschwanke.de> :

> I don't think she would
> have won with a meaningless song.

What and buck the events of the last 30 years and more??
This /is/ the Eurovision Song Contest we're talking about?

Personally I like it, but I was getting a bit sick of it even before the
contest.

--
Tim C.
Two elephants walk off a cliff...... boom boom!

Michael

May 31, 2010, 4:38:09 AM5/31/10
Speaking of lyrics, a company ran all the Eurovision lyrics through a
semantic analyser to create an executive summary:

http://www.a-lyric.com/2010/05/eurovision-the-executive-summary/

http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Martin

May 31, 2010, 4:49:37 AM5/31/10

"It must be said: Germany�s entry, �Satellite� by Lena, was a very so-so
song, and it wasn�t exactly an electric vocal performance. Strange that
they received so many votes, although this sort of thing is said every
year."

They got that right and produced next years winning lyrics?

"Let the sun shine, glide away my moon
Let the light of my love shine bright
I don�t believe any more your shallow heart.
Feeling the love �till the day when I die.
For the cruel-cruel time when I�m first time in love"

> http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Tom P

May 31, 2010, 6:30:46 AM5/31/10

You need to get a line about buying blue underwear in there somewhere.

T.

>> http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 6:46:09 AM5/31/10
On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:30:46 +0200, Tom P wrote in post :
<news:86hhem...@mid.individual.net> :

> You need to get a line about buying blue underwear in there somewhere.

it doesn't have to be blue... :)
--
Tim C.
Show me where Trotsky is buried and I'll show you a communist plot.

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 6:48:15 AM5/31/10
On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:10:27 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
<news:htu699$n9c$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :

Yeah, two Americans.

--
Tim C.
What's the definition of a mistress? Something between a mister and a

Martin

May 31, 2010, 6:49:46 AM5/31/10
On 31/05/10 12:46, Tim C. wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:30:46 +0200, Tom P wrote in post :
> <news:86hhem...@mid.individual.net> :
>
>> You need to get a line about buying blue underwear in there somewhere.
>
> it doesn't have to be blue... :)

Underwear is so passe.

The singer not the thong.

Martin

May 31, 2010, 6:54:21 AM5/31/10
On 31/05/10 12:48, Tim C. wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:10:27 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
> <news:htu699$n9c$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :

<snip cobblers>

>>> Love Love Love
>>> Love Love Love
>>
>> Output from a song bot.
>
> Yeah, two Americans.

Initially I thought it was the work of tone deaf East Europeans with a
poor command of English :o)

BTW congratulations Germany for winning!

In 1974 Germany came last in the ESC and won the World Cup - an omen for
England?

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 7:04:57 AM5/31/10
On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:49:46 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
<news:hu04bg$nbn$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :

> Underwear is so passe.
>
> The singer not the thong.

groan! :-)
--
Tim C.
I've no idea how worms reproduce, but you quite often find them in pears.

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 7:05:56 AM5/31/10
On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:54:21 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
<news:hu04k3$r7a$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :

> In 1974 Germany came last in the ESC and won the World Cup - an omen for
> England?

I doubt it, but we shouldn't give up hope until the fat lady sings.
--
Tim C.
I was reading the obituary column in the paper the other day and it said

Martin

May 31, 2010, 7:04:51 AM5/31/10
On 31/05/10 13:04, Tim C. wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:49:46 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
> <news:hu04bg$nbn$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :
>
>> Underwear is so passe.
>>
>> The singer not the thong.
>
> groan! :-)

from the backing?

Martin

May 31, 2010, 7:05:52 AM5/31/10
On 31/05/10 13:05, Tim C. wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:54:21 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
> <news:hu04k3$r7a$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :
>
>> In 1974 Germany came last in the ESC and won the World Cup - an omen for
>> England?
>
> I doubt it, but we shouldn't give up hope until the fat lady sings.

Ireland was second from last :o)

Tim C.

May 31, 2010, 7:43:46 AM5/31/10
On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:48:15 +0200, Tim C. wrote in post :
<news:1nj1ydbsdbdwv.j...@40tude.net> :

>> Output from a song bot.
>
> Yeah, two Americans.

Sorry, I got it wrong. An American and a Dane.

--
Tim C.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.

Martin

May 31, 2010, 10:51:35 AM5/31/10
On 31/05/10 13:43, Tim C. wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:48:15 +0200, Tim C. wrote in post :
> <news:1nj1ydbsdbdwv.j...@40tude.net> :
>
>>> Output from a song bot.
>>
>> Yeah, two Americans.
>
> Sorry, I got it wrong. An American and a Dane.

A great Dane?

Michael

May 31, 2010, 4:18:34 PM5/31/10
Tim C. wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:49:46 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
> <news:hu04bg$nbn$1...@news.eternal-september.org> :
>
>> Underwear is so passe.
>>
>> The singer not the thong.
>
> groan! :-)

Groan!

Still, Eurovision always gives us a good run of cheap laughs, that's one
thing we can count on every year.

http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Runge121

Jun 1, 2010, 4:59:38 PM6/1/10