"Non-cruise" ship travel to Europe?

1 view

Jim Tonn

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00
Hello.
I'm trying to find a way to get to Europe by boat. I don't particularly
want a cruise or a luxury liner, etc., I just want to get from the US to
say, France. Does anyone still provide such a service? And if so, how can I
contact them?
Thanks,

Jim

-----
James Tonn
jmt...@pitt.edu

Diane

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00
Hi, before Kevin gets a chance to reply, I'll put a plug in for his
page. He hangs here on rtc and is one of our regular posters. I have
no affiliation with his company (and don't even live in the UK) but his
page is pretty good to give you a start.

http://members.aol.com/CruiseAZ/freighters.htm

Have fun looking,
Diane

Ken Stutt

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00
I have a page on freighter travel that may be of some help:

http://www.stutt.com/wheel/c-freighter.htm

--
Ken Stutt (not an agent)
The Wheelhouse: http://www.stutt.com/wheel/home.htm

Jim Tonn <jmt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

CruiseAZ

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
>I'm trying to find a way to get to Europe by boat. I don't particularly
>want a cruise or a luxury liner, etc., I just want to get from the US to
>say, France. Does anyone still provide such a service?

There are weekly freighter/passenger services now available (1) from Norfolk
and New York to Antwerp, Bremerhaven and Thamesport, England, and also (2) from
Richmond VA and Philadelphia (Chester PA) to Antwerp and Liverpool, England, as
well as (3) from Montreal to Thamesport, Liverpool and Hamburg. In the othjer
direction, Polish Steamship Co. also offer passenger space (4) from Amsterdam
to Cleveland and Chicago or Burns Harbor IN. Each sip carries between three and
eight passengers and fares are about $100 a day plus taxes. New York to Antwerp
runs eight days in transit.

You can check out the various Trans-Atlantic routes at
http://members.aol.com/CruiseAZ/transat.htm

Kevin Griffin
--
The Cruise People Ltd, London