[BMACH] Deployers/Riders in PREVIEWS

Douglas W. Dlin

Mar 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/30/00

Surprised not to see word of this yet here, but maybe I just got lucky
this time. Our office copy of the new PREVIEWS usually seems to
arrive well after anywhere else, but not this time, perhaps.

>From the June 2000 PREVIEWS (ie., for items shipping to comics stores
in June 2000):

TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES DEPLOYER FIGURES
>From the forgotten heart of Cybertron come the Deployers! Ancient
Transformer drones that have been reprogrammed by Nightscream to serve
the Maximals in their battle to free their world from the tyranny of
Megatron. Each mechanical-looking animal can flip-change into a
weapon emplacement or equipment for use by the Maximals. This series
is scheduled to include: Dillo (porcupine), Rav (raven), and Mol
(mole). Blister card packaging. SRP: $4.25

TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES BEAST RIDER FIGURES
Battle chariots created by Megatron and Cheetor for pursuit and
capture that roar into battle with open jaws and spinning
claws/battering rams. Push on the hood/nose and the potential energy
triggers acceleration when released. Choose from Che and Mechatron!
Blister card packaging. SRP: $6.99

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

cmq

Mar 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/31/00

> Battle chariots created by Megatron and Cheetor for pursuit and
> capture that roar into battle with open jaws and spinning
> claws/battering rams. Push on the hood/nose and the potential energy
> triggers acceleration when released. Choose from Che and Mechatron!

Since these will be released on cards, will they actually be big enough
for Cheetor and Megatron to ride on? Or is the gimmick unrelated to the
actual toys being able to ride?

zac_william

Mar 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/31/00

In article <38E2D583.C...@texas.net>,

ap...@texas.net wrote:

> TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES DEPLOYER FIGURES
> >From the forgotten heart of Cybertron come the Deployers! Ancient
> Transformer drones that have been reprogrammed by Nightscream to serve
> the Maximals

(reprogramed by NIGHTSCREAM?!?! Was Ratrap busy that day
or something?)

> in their battle to free their world from the tyranny of
> Megatron. Each mechanical-looking animal can flip-change into a
> weapon emplacement or equipment for use by the Maximals. This series
> is scheduled to include: Dillo (porcupine), Rav (raven), and Mol
> (mole). Blister card packaging. SRP: $4.25

OK these sound pretty cool actually, but 3 things:

1) Guess the Vehicons get gipped again, huh? Rav's package
at Toy Fare must have been wrong. Boy, with Maximals, Dinobots,
Mutants, and now Deployers against them I'm gonna haveta buy a
HECK OF A LOT of Vehicon doubles (read drones) or Megs is
screwed!

2) "Ancient Transformer...." Hey! these don't just
*LOOK LIKE* Action Master partners they *ARE* Action Master
partners! ;)

3) These names: "Rav" the RAVen, "Mol" the MOLe
are pretty bad, but at least the makes sense! "Dillo"
the porcupine???? Do we REALLY have to go down
to Hasbro and slap them until they realize that
porcupiles and armadillo's are NOT, read NOT,
the same thing? That's just sad.

> TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES BEAST RIDER FIGURES

> Battle chariots created by Megatron and Cheetor for pursuit and
> capture that roar into battle with open jaws and spinning
> claws/battering rams. Push on the hood/nose and the potential energy
> triggers acceleration when released. Choose from Che and Mechatron!

> Blister card packaging. SRP: $6.99

These still don't thrill me. Maybe if the figures
can ride on them or hook up to them or something... then
MAYBE, otherwise a big rolling cheeta head with guns
really doesn't intrest me.

-ZacWilliam who'll have to get down to the store to grab
a Previes ASAP. :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ShadowWing

Mar 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/31/00

Douglas W. Dlin wrote in message <38E2D583.C...@texas.net>...

>Surprised not to see word of this yet here, but maybe I just got lucky
>this time. Our office copy of the new PREVIEWS usually seems to
>arrive well after anywhere else, but not this time, perhaps.

The problem with getting my stuff from a small store is that Diamond
won't send anything unless the order's big enough. I haven't recieved scrap
in 2 weeks. (Luckily I'm culling through my old comics now, anyway.)
Hopefully it's there today.
_______________________
| |
||ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|STR: 5.0 |
|| |INT: 8.2 |
|| ||\ /| |SPD: 8.6 |
|| || O | |END: 5.8 |
|| ‡---?--- |RNK: 5.0 |
|| ||/ Ü \| |CRG:10.0 |
|| | _| |_ |FRE: 3.9 |
||___________|SKL: 9.2 |
|______________________|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|[^_^] CYBERTRON™ |
| ShadowWing |
|function:Transfan |
|"One's true form lies |
|within" |
|Autobot among Maximals|
|Survivor of every |
|Transformer war. |
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Neale Davidson

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00

> > Battle chariots created by Megatron and Cheetor for pursuit and
> > capture that roar into battle with open jaws and spinning
> > claws/battering rams. Push on the hood/nose and the potential energy
> > triggers acceleration when released. Choose from Che and Mechatron!
>
> Since these will be released on cards, will they actually be big enough
> for Cheetor and Megatron to ride on? Or is the gimmick unrelated to the
> actual toys being able to ride?

Any chance that Previews had pictures of these toys up? And can someone
send me a copy of said pictures? :>

Neale

ShadowWing

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00

ShadowWing wrote in message ...

YES!!! I FINALLY SAW ONE OF MY POSTS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I just picked up the very late March order (and Previews is
claiming the order is late when they just sent the book to him. What jerks!)
but I can't find the Deployers. There are some deluxe and megas (gotta see
if I can order Rattrap; must make sure I get Rattrap!!!) but no deployers.
Where did you see them?

Dave Van Domelen

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00

In article <1p7F4.12658$Y4.260...@news1.rdc1.il.home.com>,

I scanned them in Wednesday. And I think Previews just made one of its
usual errors in calling Dillo a porcupine.

Dave Van Domelen, playing catch-up from being gone a whole day....

Douglas Dlin

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00

On Mar. 31, 2000, ShadowWing wrote:

> Anyhow, I just picked up the very late March order (and Previews is
> claiming the order is late when they just sent the book to him. What jerks!)
> but I can't find the Deployers. There are some deluxe and megas (gotta see
> if I can order Rattrap; must make sure I get Rattrap!!!) but no deployers.
> Where did you see them?

Make sure you've got the correct issue of PREVIEWS. It should be the one for
items shipping in JUNE (as opposed to May, which is the issue I think you just
got).

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Maximal General Proudwolf

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00

Douglas W. Dlin wrote in message <38E2D583.C...@texas.net>...

>>From the June 2000 PREVIEWS (ie., for items shipping to comics stores
>in June 2000):
>
>TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES BEAST RIDER FIGURES
>Battle chariots created by Megatron and Cheetor for pursuit and
>capture that roar into battle with open jaws and spinning
>claws/battering rams. Push on the hood/nose and the potential energy
>triggers acceleration when released. Choose from Che and Mechatron!
>Blister card packaging. SRP: $6.99

These "Beast Riders" ship in June...
thus begins the tale of the "Screamin' Cheetah Wheelie"....

Neale Davidson

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

> >Any chance that Previews had pictures of these toys up? And can someone
> >send me a copy of said pictures? :>
>
> I scanned them in Wednesday. And I think Previews just made one of
its
> usual errors in calling Dillo a porcupine.
>
> Dave Van Domelen, playing catch-up from being gone a whole day....

Well, either way, all I'm looking for is a good few shots of each of the
figures so
I can make icons out of them at some point. :>

Neale

ShadowWing

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00

Douglas Dlin wrote

>Make sure you've got the correct issue of PREVIEWS. It should be the one
>for items shipping in JUNE (as opposed to May, which is the issue I think
>you just got).

Yeah, they finally sent my local shop one this week. (They've got this
whole "order must equal $X or we won't send it" attitude, and they tend to
give the guy the runaround alot." They look interesting, but I'm not sure
I'm anymore interested in getting this than the Micromachines BW playsets.
We'll see when they arrive.